Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I think they just need to take the plunge and seperate PvP and PvE balancing once and for all.

Deleted
    The only way to fix PvP is to rework one of each classes spec to be a PvP one. It is impossible to balance 11 classes each having 3 specs. And each class to be able to play with another one/two classes. I don't think this will ever happen in any game

Quote Originally Posted by kraikov View Post
    The only way to fix PvP is to rework one of each classes spec to be a PvP one. It is impossible to balance 11 classes each having 3 specs. And each class to be able to play with another one/two classes. I don't think this will ever happen in any game
    This solution would imply that WoW is intended to function as an e-sport. As far as I know, that is not, has not been, and never will be the intention for WoW.

The main problem I see is too much CC. Aside from that, Arenas. Not many people I know do arenas (I don't even do it much) and Blizz tries to balance around 3's, so it really makes little sense to me. But that's just ME. All the PVPers I know like different things (I even know 2 that love SotA...) so it is a hard balance, so many classes/specs etc but you'll get that in all games, but they usually don't have "arena's" that pull dev time due to rewards vs time.

Deleted
    Anyone saw the new dmg buffs today? Final nail in the coffin of pvp.

The problem is not too much CC is the relation of cost, benefic and punishment of CC use.

Have you ever played against LCD 2.0? it is ridiculous, lock spam fear, druid spam cyclone, you interrupt them they have other school to cast AND more CC (such as death coil, shadowfury, pet silence, solar beam, roots and bash). There is 0 risk from them to spam CC, they also have dispel protection and dispel has a CD while fear doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't PvP much, so I can't really say if it is broken or not, but I don't think that it needs to be more enjoyable to watch, just to play.

Deleted
    I dont think pvp in wow can be balanced, this is because one class will always have an advantage over another aka is inbalanced for most people with which I kind of aggree if u make an arena system the way blizzard did in WoW u should give every class against each other the same chances.

Dont get me wrong i'm talking about the same skill level so not a glad vs a 1500 mmr player.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    I dont think pvp in wow can be balanced, this is because one class will always have an advantage over another aka is inbalanced for most people with which I kind of aggree if u make an arena system the way blizzard did in WoW u should give every class against each other the same chances.
    What you are asking for hear is not really what Blizzard is going for, nor should they. In a class based system, it's okay if one class being better than another one in 1v1 situation, as long as each class has multiple decent comps that they can expect to excel in. It'll never be perfect, and I think most people accept and are fine with that, it just needs to be better than it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This solution would imply that WoW is intended to function as an e-sport. As far as I know, that is not, has not been, and never will be the intention for WoW.
    Which is why sterile instanced PvP should be ditched. Even relatively large imbalances even themselves out in an open world environment, but Arena simply acts as a magnifying glass on balance issues.

Deleted
    Which is why sterile instanced PvP should be ditched. Even relatively large imbalances even themselves out in an open world environment, but Arena simply acts as a magnifying glass on balance issues.
    So you want to be a pug driven clusterfuck of bad players? I pvp to play versus good players; and random bgs have allways been proven to be filled with the worst inbreeds of wow players.

arena team somewhat makes up for the 1v1 imbalance, if you have 2 well made teams the game will seem alot more balanced than if you put LSD vs combat/MM/hpala or some other crap
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-08-16 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    So you want to be a pug driven clusterfuck of bad players? I pvp to play versus good players; and random bgs have allways been proven to be filled with the worst inbreeds of wow players.
    Battlegrounds would have to be removed as well. The reason they are so bad is that they are far worse than PUGs by design; at least in PUGs you still go through the effort of forming a viable group (i.e. correct spec, gear, player skill etc.); we've beaten plenty of guild groups with PUGs in DAoC, you just need to invite the right people. Battlegrounds are just random players thrown together by a careless queue system, so inevitably most of them are bound to be bad, undergeared or run a stupid spec and have little to no incentive to work as a group.