Reptile & Lighting & Electrician ?

Perfect person to help me is pretty good with electrics if not an electrician and is a reptile keeper, might be abit specific so maybe someone abit wiser with this stuff can offer solutions

I am using this spotlamp holder:
    http://www.petsathome.com/shop/prore...p-holder-87509

And using or trying to use this bulb:
    http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products..._heat_lamp.php

I am using a heatmat for the source of heat, so this light isnt really for heat, only reason I am using it is for my own benefit so I can see when its dark

Problem is the first one bulb I tried didnt work at all, so the pet shop replaced it for me and then the 2nd one did work but only for about 4 hours then all of a sudden is just stopped working...

Duno what to do, keep trying my luck with these bulbs.. 3rd time lucky maybe, or stop wasting my time and try an alternative if anyone knows of any

- - - Updated - - -

For Leopard Geckos btw

Deleted
    It should be fine really, maybe replace the holder and see how that goes. I've never had issues with those bulbs at least.

I use heat mats for all of mine but don't bother with lightning other than in the tanks with my big snakes.

Also make sure you have a themostat for the heat mat at the very least. The bulb will affect the temperature as well, but I can't remember if mine is hooked up to a thermostat or not, but I think the dimmer bulbs should be.

Thats what I am dreading, we fed the holder through a tiny slot while putting the vivarium together (wooden) and then sealed up the slot with silicone, so its properly built in now. Would be a right pain in the ass to have to take it apart to remove the holder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Thats what I am dreading, we fed the holder through a tiny slot while putting the vivarium together (wooden) and then sealed up the slot with silicone, so its properly built in now. Would be a right pain in the ass to have to take it apart to remove the holder
    Silicone should literally just push out really if you put much pressure on it and just clean the best of it off the wire. They can't expect it back in its packaging in mint condition if it is faulty. If they complain then the manufacturer themselves may even take care of the warranty if the retailer won't.

One thing also is that if you do have it set up to a thermostat and you have it programmed to tone down the heat when it reaches a certain heat, it may even just be turning it off.

No the light isnt set to a thermostat, nor a dimmer nothing. Its literally just on or off, its only a 15w bulb. I think it may have just blown but I dunno. Didnt expect this hassle from a bulb anyway, I will see what the shop says anyway. Maybe try one last bulb for the 3rd time lucky and if that causes problems then fingers are going to pointed at the holder and will have to do what you said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    No the light isnt set to a thermostat, nor a dimmer nothing. Its literally just on or off, its only a 15w bulb. I think it may have just blown but I dunno. Didnt expect this hassle from a bulb anyway, I will see what the shop says anyway. Maybe try one last bulb for the 3rd time lucky and if that causes problems then fingers are going to pointed at the holder and will have to do what you said
    Aye fair enough, just whatever you do, make sure you have a thermostat for your heat mat.