Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    She's vowed to work only in the public sector and never ever ever to work in the private sector. When you hate hard work that much, your work schedule is free enough to allow you to sit around all day in forums. We pay her salary, and this is how she spends her time. Yay, collectivism.
    Because private sector is synonymous with "hard work"?

Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Because private sector is synonymous with "hard work"?
    You think Mister Crayola had an easy time dropping that much acid and then smelling the colors he was tasting? He worked hard to bring us Burnt Umber I'll have you know.

The man worked hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonemelo View Post
    Keynesian policys are dead since the 70s, so you, and the original author of that wall of text, can't possibly claim that it was due to Keynesian insights that we had no depression (despite we had plenty of recessions all the time).

I'm sorry, but the recession is far from over as unemployment still remains much higher the pre-recession level and real gdp (2011=100) is not back to pre-recession level. On top of that, you accumulated tons of debt. Stimulus didn't really work (inb4 it was too small to begin with).
    Robert Lucas had some interesting things to say on why recovery is so sluggish this time.
    Heh yah the Keynesian economics saved us from depression is so unproveable and so counter to reality, it's not surprise it's being claimed from whence it's claimed.

As for the "recession", the SNAP growth continues in an example of massive fraud and continued poor economic situation.

But I saw them running the "recovery summer" segments a couple years back in their propaganda versus results campaign.

It's just sort of funny to see more and more people on welfare and food stamps every year while these people claim they saved the economy.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Heh yah the Keynesian economics saved us from depression is so unproveable
    The effects of austerity (GOP policy) are well documented and all over the airwaves for you to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonemelo View Post
    Keynesian policys are dead since the 70s, so you, and the original author of that wall of text, can't possibly claim that it was due to Keynesian insights that we had no depression (despite we had plenty of recessions all the time).
    Keynesian policies are not "dead". What you are referring to is the failure of the original theory to account for stagflation; however, since the difference between cost-push and demand-pull inflation has been clarified, this is no longer the case.

Recessions are an endemic part of a market economy for whatever reason; they seem to be an inevitability. What is capable of being done, however, is limiting their frequency, duration, and impact; all of which Keynesian policy accomplishes.

I'm sorry, but the recession is far from over as unemployment still remains much higher the pre-recession level and real gdp (2011=100) is not back to pre-recession level. On top of that, you accumulated tons of debt. Stimulus didn't really work (inb4 it was too small to begin with).
    Robert Lucas had some interesting things to say on why recovery is so sluggish this time.
    The recession in its technical definition (in terms of market growth) is in fact over. As I pointed out, the reason why the recovery is sluggish and protracted is because of the lack of fiscal policy to accompany the Federal Reserve's monetary policy.

And sorry, I have a difficult time taking Robert Lucas seriously, especially since he has a tendency to make arguments and then not bother defending them - vis a vis Rational Expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

She's vowed to work only in the public sector and never ever ever to work in the private sector. When you hate hard work that much, your work schedule is free enough to allow you to sit around all day in forums. We pay her salary, and this is how she spends her time. Yay, collectivism.
    1) I'm a he.

2) It's called multitasking.

3) It's currently still summer vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Because the public sector employees can't work hard...? Go bugger yourself. As someone in public healthcare I can say you have no fucking clue what you are on about.