Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This will suck. I prefer big burst at the start and constant damage throughout the fight, than being balanced around sub-20% damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

i actually mighjt be 100% wrong haha im thinking of the talents before MOP sorry guys close this thread , i just went through and had a look and u guys are right , i thought more classes had a dmg buff/execute style ability. sorry all

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    im not 100% sure but i think those classes receive some type of execute form , by execute i mean, an ability that usable at low hp OR a passive dmg buff u get to targets that are on low hp. dont ferals get some bleed things ? ferocious bite or something , mages get some damage buff im pretty sure , rogues get a damage buff im not 100% sure on this , i havent looked at all the talents of every spec/class.
    You are talking out of your ass aint you ?

No they don't.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-08-12 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not 100% sure but i think those classes receive some type of execute form , by execute i mean, an ability that usable at low hp OR a passive dmg buff u get to targets that are on low hp. dont ferals get some bleed things ? ferocious bite or something , mages get some damage buff im pretty sure , rogues get a damage buff im not 100% sure on this , i havent looked at all the talents of every spec/class.
    Nope, not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like the idea of a Rng proc determining whether someone dies or not , i think boomkins are literally the only class in the game as of now , who dont have some sort of execute type ability/passive damage.
    the dot pressure is more important than killing with starsurge anyway. the starsurge crits are just free defensives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Why would you want an execute? Your whole damage output will be balanced around the fact that you do have an execute ability at x% life of the target. Executes suck!
    Amen to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big topic this and given that I play a warrior and Elemental shaman, I see both sides of the coin.

I like executes, I think they add diversity to the game. Logically, then, I wouldn't want an execute on every class because that'd eat into the very diversity I'm so fond of. There are, however, logistical problems with executes that aren't great for the raiding game; low damage prior to it, shortened executes that don't balance out, and blowing people up in PvP. I think it works on warriors, for example, because they have other utility that makes up a "package" - banners, defensive raid cooldowns, an external tank CD and a strong execute makes up an interesting package. A class that just does pretty low damage until catching up at the end, without any other utility, would be dull and effectively pointless.

Do owls have good utility outside of a bit of healing or Tranquillity? I'm asking because I don't play one and don't really know. If the answer is no, then an execute probably wouldn't make sense. I suppose it depends what you like doing in an encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Mages doesn't have an execute ability or passive damage increase.
    Fire mages used to do more damage below 30% (not sure if they still do)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Fire mages used to do more damage below 30% (not sure if they still do)
    It was below 35%, and Frost DKs also did the same along with a certain rogue spec. Assassination maybe? Can't remember. Anyway they all got removed when the new talents came out.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It was below 35%, and Frost DKs also did the same along with a certain rogue spec. Assassination maybe? Can't remember. Anyway they all got removed when the new talents came out.
    Assassination's execute was they used Backstab below 35% instead of Mutilate. They still have it but it's called Dispatch. To the people saying the only Lock spec with an execute is Destro's Shadowburn you've clearly never heard of Decimation or Drain Soul.

On the actual topic, while something like having Starsurge cooldown reset when used on a target under 20% sounds cool on the outside, it will dumb down the spec even more than what it currently is, it will be like the Cataclysm Affliction Drain Soul where all you did was refresh Haunt while channeling Drain Soul. Having an execute ability also will generally mean that your class will be balanced around having the strong execute, so when there is a boss where you can't execute much (Megaera and Amber Shaper come to mind) then you're going to have a bad time trying to compete.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-08-09 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Assassination's execute was they used Backstab below 35% instead of Mutilate. They still have it but it's called Dispatch http://www.wowhead.com/spell=111240/dispatch.
    Ah yeah that's right. I'm not sure why I thought it was a flat % dmg increase.

Only if the execute is usable between 0-100%

Deleted
    We don't need it. Our rotation is fine atm.

I'd rather have the opposite, doing more damage at the start of fights.

But overall, i most prefer doing constant damage independent of mob HP. Any execute like ability always comes with the caveat that your sustained damage outside the execute range goes down.

Deleted
    Deserve? What the hell does that mean?

It's like some people don't remember that this is a game. Besides, why would you want an execute?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    No. Executes are for people. If you give moonkins execute then they'll want to start eating at the table, and getting opinions in raidchat.

No. This is a dangerous path.
    best line I've seen in some time

OT: No, I don't think they do, They do some crazy damage at the moment any way, And giving them an execute means re balancing stuff and please, don't throw that at the devs lol

No, moonkin do not need an execute. We're finally in a really good spot, don't fuck that up by sending the devs back to the drawing board.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as we do more damage then the other classes that have an execute out side their execute range it is fine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

i dont like the idea of a Rng proc determining whether someone dies or not , i think boomkins are literally the only class in the game as of now , who dont have some sort of execute type ability/passive damage.
    Elemental / Enhancement Shamans
    All 3 Mage Specs
    Demonology Locks (Not sure on this one haven't played the spec in awhile)
    Windwalker

Those are a few who don't have a execute like move/passive

Ele/Enhance shamans...