Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disable XP => PVP queue waiting times = forever

I have a lvl 85 Paladin in full Cata PVP gear with a nice weapon from the current expansion, and I'm having so much fun going into PVP against ungeared people, I plow through half a team before I die it's just so much fun. But if I disable XP the waiting time in queue goes from like 1 minute to 20-30 mins per BG.

Is there a reason behind this, or something that they said they would fix? I would hate to level up and lose my OPness.

If you disable your XP you will be only matched to other people who have disabled XP gains. Of course these are significantly less people, so the long waiting times.

So it's no bug but intended, and nothing to be fixed.

Aw maaaannn, this sucks. You haven't played WoW PVP until you've played with a fully decked out character from a previous expansion against newbies leveling up xD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    rly pro like with 400+ equip what a hero!!

The reason the queue times are so long is because once you turn you XP off, you will only be queueing up with players who have done the same. You aren't thrown into the same queue as people with their XP turned on. So, it's going to take forever since there aren't a great deal of players out there who choose to play with their XP off.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Is there a reason behind this, or something that they said they would fix? I would hate to level up and lose my OPness.
    You just mentioned the reason yourself. It's people with top of the line gear (preferably with next expansion gear, gems and enchants) tearing other people up in levelling brackets.

It's for the best overall. People that like to do PvP while levelling don't have to face people that hopelessly outmatch them in terms of gear. People that like to outmatch other people with gear can still do so until they level up (buying/farming Cata BoEs that can be equipped before level 80 are ridiculous compared to what a level 77-79 is "supposed" to get while levelling).

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    rly pro like with 400+ equip what a hero!!
    Lol I don't want to be a pro I want to have fun. And I don't have 400+ equip besides my weapon, everything else is like 377 Season 10 I think. It's OP because I have resilience and they don't, because the 65% buff applies only at lvl 90 I think. I'm also specced for PVP and all my gear is gemmed/enchanted with Cata gems/enchants.

It's fun I can finally beat blood DKs, sometimes they just stop fighting and let themselves die because they finally found someone that can stop them xD . DIE MOFOS! This is for all those times in Cataclysm!

It was made like this on purpose to answer for all the twinks killing people in PvP all the time and many many complaining about it.
    Also gives a bad impression to new players that try to do BGs as well while leveling and get roflstomped unfairly like that.

Deleted
    You can always play a match and leave just before it ends. I mean you get less than 1% per match. Certainly you get the deserter debuff, but it's no big deal.

Deleted
    Lol I don't want to be a pro I want to have fun. And I don't have 400+ equip besides my weapon, everything else is like 377 Season 10 I think. It's OP because I have resilience and they don't, because the 65% buff applies only at lvl 90 I think. I'm also specced for PVP and all my gear is gemmed/enchanted with Cata gems/enchants.

It's fun I can finally beat blood DKs, sometimes they just stop fighting and let themselves die because they finally found someone that can stop them xD . DIE MOFOS! This is for all those times in Cataclysm!
    I hope you realize that your fun comes at the expense of 10+ other players' fun.

Deleted
    I have a lvl 85 Paladin in full Cata PVP gear with a nice weapon from the current expansion, and I'm having so much fun going into PVP against ungeared people, I plow through half a team before I die it's just so much fun. But if I disable XP the waiting time in queue goes from like 1 minute to 20-30 mins per BG.

A friend of mine disabled his xp at 80 and got 338 iLvL. He oneshots people in arena as a destruction warlock. Try doing some arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    I hope you realize that your fun comes at the expense of 10+ other players' fun.
    You don't understand I play on the Ruin battlegroup, where at max level more than half of Alliance matches end with half our team defending stables, Mage tower, afking in base or standing on noob hill. I have a max level player and it's a pain in the ass to play with Alliance, trust me Horde players at max level have more than enough fun.

Being a low level with OP gear I'm so strong I can actually overcome the shortcomings of my team and demoralize the enemy team so much that we actually win and have fun for once.

I would feel bad if I knew that Ruin is an Alliance dominated battlegroup, but I've played this game for 6 years and as such I feel nothing for the Horde, especially since I see many of them with PVP titles on so it means they play competitively at max levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    A friend of mine disabled his xp at 80 and got 338 iLvL. He oneshots people in arena as a destruction warlock. Try doing some arena.
    I don't do arenas I tried them in BC/WOTLK and I never enjoyed them, I like BGs and TB/WG and open world PVP. I hate arenas unless they make 1v1 arenas.

Deleted
    You don't understand I play on the Ruin battlegroup, where at max level more than half of Alliance matches end with half our team defending stables, Mage tower, afking in base or standing on noob hill. I have a max level player and it's a pain in the ass to play with Alliance, trust me Horde players at max level have more than enough fun.

Being a low level with OP gear I'm so strong I can actually overcome the shortcomings of my team and demoralize the enemy team so much that we actually win and have fun for once.

I would feel bad if I knew that Ruin is an Alliance dominated battlegroup, but I've played this game for 6 years and as such I feel nothing for the Horde, especially since I see many of them with PVP titles on so it means they play competitively at max levels.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't do arenas I tried them in BC/WOTLK and I never enjoyed them, I like BGs and TB/WG and open world PVP. I hate arenas unless they make 1v1 arenas.
    That particular friend I was talking about goes 1vs2 most of the time and wins.

EDIT: Funny thing is that he has Hot Streak and 1750 rating that way (he doesn't get above 1.5k on his 90).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if they've openly stated it but I've got the feeling over the years that Blizz are against the idea of twinking.

Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    I don't know if they've openly stated it but I've got the feeling over the years that Blizz are against the idea of twinking.
    They aren't. They just aren't in favour of twinks destroying non-twinks, and won't expend any extra effort to accomodate a small number of players.

If twinking was popular, queue times wouldn't be so long. Pretty much says it all really, its a very niche passtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    That particular friend I was talking about goes 1vs2 most of the time and wins.

EDIT: Funny thing is that he has Hot Streak and 1750 rating that way (he doesn't get above 1.5k on his 90).
    Yeah I know but I just don't enjoy arenas, the whole hide being pillars/cc rotation stuff. Even if I could win all of them I don't care about achievements or ratings in anything, I like BGs/open world because there's lots of people playing. If I could get my cool looking PVP mount through 1v1 arenas at max levels I'd do it, otherwise there is no reason for me to do ratings stuff or achievements, I really don't care about achievements. Plus it's not an achievement if you're doing it with an overpowered character anyway.

That's like people doing all the old world raids/dungeons just to get the achievements. You don't achieve anything, you're OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    They aren't. They just aren't in favour of twinks destroying non-twinks, and won't expend any extra effort to accomodate a small number of players.

If twinking was popular, queue times wouldn't be so long. Pretty much says it all really, its a very niche passtime.
    That goes both ways, low level OP character PVP isn't popular because wait times are so long. People generally play on their mains doing raids and stuff, when they log in on their lower level PVP characters it's probably much less people than max level people or leveling players not leveling through PVP. If they disabled the long wait queue times for people with XP disabled you'd maybe see more players like me in PVP, otherwise it's not worth the time.

Deleted
    lol he gets carried by mastery inflation

Aw maaaannn, this sucks. You haven't played WoW PVP until you've played with a fully decked out character from a previous expansion against newbies leveling up xD
    Am I missing something here? Green BoE's from MOP are far superior to Cataclsym gear and are wearable at level 83 or so. So while I understand that people who don't know any better might be leveling in Cataclysm gear, don't most people gear themselves in MoP greens meaning they'd like have more HP than the OP?

Edit: Did some checking and the greens aren't better, but they're not that much worse either. This ilvl 390 chest (http://www.wowhead.com/item=73482) from Cata v. this ilvl 384 green chest from MoP (http://www.wowhead.com/item=80711) isn't that much of a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Random bgs aren't tied to battlegroups neither are RBGs.

Being crushed to death by some extremely "skilled" (too much money to spend on BoEs) player while leveling my alts in bgs reminds me of why it takes me forever to level up, why this game is shit and doesnt really help me in improving on a new class. Against those Op geared people I stand no chance, and I either /clap or /spit, depending on the situation.

If you like to feel OP at lower levels, you don't like arenas and your 90 alliance is always losing bgs... Improve your play. Your gear is what makes you god (in your eyes) and once that is out of the equation, you're nothing.

Oh and horde in bgs before 90 is eternal misery, we don't need people like you as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If you disable your XP you will be only matched to other people who have disabled XP gains. Of course these are significantly less people, so the long waiting times.

So it's no bug but intended, and nothing to be fixed.

seems a bit silly that xp locked BGs are separate to normal ones though. brackets are only 4 levels now and 90% of the group if full heirloomed anyway, i don't see a reason for them to be separate.
    dragonmaw - EU