Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How active are the sub-90 brackets for arena? I thought they would be empty, but I've been seeing more and more people talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Random bgs aren't tied to battlegroups neither are RBGs.

Being crushed to death by some extremely "skilled" (too much money to spend on BoEs) player while leveling my alts in bgs reminds me of why it takes me forever to level up, why this game is shit and doesnt really help me in improving on a new class. Against those Op geared people I stand no chance, and I either /clap or /spit, depending on the situation.

If you like to feel OP at lower levels, you don't like arenas and your 90 alliance is always losing bgs... Improve your play. Your gear is what makes you god (in your eyes) and once that is out of the equation, you're nothing.

Oh and horde in bgs before 90 is eternal misery, we don't need people like you as well.
    Wow dude relax don't throw your rehearsed speech at me, I have leveling characters too on which I don't have heirlooms or whatever on and people 2 shot me on them all the time. I know Actiblizzard doesn't care so I make the most of it with my Paladin which I had forgot about being decked in full PVP (i.e. resilience @Siddown, which is why it's better). I spit on people all the time just for killing me doesn't take them being better geared than me, it's why I play Warcraft, I've hated Horde since I was 8 years old in Warcraft 2.

I said I don't like arenas and it wasn't a plea for help, just a statement. I always lose BGs for reasons I stated, which are not my fault, I can't make people do things if they won't listen. I know I'm not a godly PVP player even at 90 and I stated that my gear is what makes me godly at this level, why are you trying to talk to me like I'm disillusioned or something?

Also, take my gear out of the equation and I'm still something, I may not be some hotshot with 10000 mods to tell him all the cooldowns of everyone s/he's fighting and whatever, but I'm still a skilled player, it's not like I roll my face on the keyboard when I'm fighting level 85-89 players, but my gear gives me a considerable edge in self healing to the point where I can actually dish more damage and healing than a blood DK in a 1v1, whereas in Cataclysm I remember that I couldn't, blood DKs would always remain at 60%+ HP no matter what, they would always have cooldowns to pop and would dish more damage than I could self-heal, even if I would self-heal constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Random bgs aren't tied to battlegroups neither are RBGs.
    Don't they give preference to Data Centers though? When I'm in BGs I tend to see people from the same servers over and over again, and all of those servers are located in the same physical location (the LA Data Center). I also have a character on the NY Data Center, and when I'm there I always seen people from Servers located there. Obviously that's not 100% of the time since you can invite people across physical locations, but in random BGs I believe they take server location into the equation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Don't they give preference to Data Centers though? When I'm in BGs I tend to see people from the same servers over and over again, and all of those servers are located in the same physical location (the LA Data Center). I also have a character on the NY Data Center, and when I'm there I always seen people from Servers located there. Obviously that's not 100% of the time since you can invite people across physical locations, but in random BGs I believe they take server location into the equation.
    You are right. Russians, germans, etc are also always tied together.

I think the problem lies in that today you utter the word Twink, and your first thought is a hunter in Heirlooms destroying everyone .

Twinking had never been a glaring balance issue until the introduction of BoAs and BG experience.

Before that, you had certain rules and limitations (for one you didn't walk into a f***ing War Zone thinking "oh boy will I flip so bad if someone more powerful engages me in combat in unfair situations. I won't be able to level, my godness"), not to mention you absolutely needed to put effort and time to level professions and getting all the pieces you needed.
    There were wild-card, ultra-rare, drops that were better than others and that gave you the edge.
    For these items you could endlessly farm mobs just to see one (or not), obtaining them was difficult enough that even deep pockets couldn't just buy them at will, and would have to, sometimes, transfer to a different realm.

Putting aside that.. 'dedication' - Were these original twinks powerful? Oh yeah - were they broken? Nope.

So what is the difference? BoA gear, the one item that is stronger than BiS, even stronger than the best of items, those that took server transfers to get.
    And how do you obtain these? Available to EVERYONE.
    And from where? from incidental activities such as running dungeons and leveling your guild.

^ of course pooling that excess of justice points into Looms is like putting 1 + 1 together.... the wannabe twinks were born.

This could have a few easy solutions but as said before, Blizzard doesn't want to spend the resources to cater to a minority.
    Although this seems circular, perhaps it wouldn't be a minority if it was made to work again.

Regardless, thanks to this, we have the broken XP-off bracket and real Twinks drifted away, outclassed, excluded and balanced around those standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Aw maaaannn, this sucks. You haven't played WoW PVP until you've played with a fully decked out character from a previous expansion against newbies leveling up xD
    I did this with a shadow priest at 85, full 415 gear with 442 weapon and 471 offhad (arch + upgrade). It is op as hell but fun to be "that guy" for a change.

Until you go against an enemy team with 5 people in 415-450 gear and watch a single dot kill you.

OT : If blizzard puts you in a normal bg, you will rape face and kill all the fun for everyone else.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    they made this change a few years ago... twinks in bg's where getting out of hand in their eyes and making low lvl bgs not fun for the majority. do i agree with the change, no... i loved my twinks... but they do EVERYTHING for the masses