Thread: DK Trinkets

DK Trinkets

Why do like all DK, Warr and Paladin trinkets have strength and haste on them? Why are there soo few with strength and mastery? Or pure mastery and a strength proc?

The new ones for the next patch are also all the same. Why can't they make them with mastery instead of haste already?

Can't they give the agility trinket a haste proc and the strength trinket a mastery proc for once?
    Discipline of Xuen
    Alacrity of Xuen

Haste does like nothing compared to mastery

I don't want useless haste, i want mastery!

(i'm frost DW pvp, and some pve)
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-08-09 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the CD reduce trinket and the secondary stat buff trinket are going to be BiS anyway for DW Frost, so you could just ignore the haste one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    I'm pretty sure the CD reduce trinket and the secondary stat buff trinket are going to be BiS anyway for DW Frost, so you could just ignore the haste one.
    shhhhh
    shhhhhhh

let's just see a trinket on the frontpage and completely over react.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    shhhhh
    shhhhhhh

let's just see a trinket on the frontpage and completely over react.
    Nah, he's not overreacting; he's a DW Frost PVPer. He's not going to get anywhere NEAR Siege of Orgrimmar beyond LFR to get those trinkets.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Nah, he's not overreacting; he's a DW Frost PVPer. He's not going to get anywhere NEAR Siege of Orgrimmar beyond LFR to get those trinkets.
    aren't they making the pvp trinkets give a 2 set bonus that would make those more valuable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Why do like all DK, Warr and Paladin trinkets have strength and haste on them? Why are there soo few with strength and mastery? Or pure mastery and a strength proc?

The new ones for the next patch are also all the same. Why can't they make them with mastery instead of haste already?

Can't they give the agility trinket a haste proc and the strength trinket a mastery proc for once?
    Discipline of Xuen
    Alacrity of Xuen

Haste does like nothing compared to mastery

I don't want useless haste, i want mastery!

(i'm frost DW pvp, and some pve)
    Because they're for PvE.

Yes, I know that you can use them in PvP but you should, and are supposed to, use the PvP trinkets which come with mastery and PvP power.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because they're for PvE.

Yes, I know that you can use them in PvP but you should, and are supposed to, use the PvP trinkets which come with mastery and PvP power.
    People will tend to use things that may be" better " than things that were originally intended to fulfill the role they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    People will tend to use things that may be" better " than things that were originally intended to fulfill the role they are in.
    So the justification to change a PvE trinket is because it is not good for PvP but still "better" than PvP trinkets? Let's just change the PvE procs to no longer proc from hitting other players instead, so they are no longer "better" for PvP. Et voila, no longer will PvPers grieve that PvE trinkets have the wrong stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    So the justification to change a PvE trinket is because it is not good for PvP but still "better" than PvP trinkets? Let's just change the PvE procs to no longer proc from hitting other players instead, so they are no longer "better" for PvP. Et voila, no longer will PvPers grieve that PvE trinkets have the wrong stats.
    Nowhere in my post did I state anything related to " justification " of changes. Just because one side of a spec doesn't like a stat doesn't mean that the item that contains it is a bad item across the board.

Deleted
    Haste isn't in anyway shape or form 'bad' for dks. It lowers your rune recharge rate allowing for more sustained damage. It might not work the same way in PvP but as it has been stated in this thread the trinkets you're mentioning are for PvE.