Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I already fucking went over this.

Remember open world raid bosses? And how their mechanics are completely negated thanks to the zerg?

Any more open world dynamic content will be pointless and boring unless they do something about it, which I highly doubt they will. They didn't take into account the most used gear set in the game when designing these 1vs1 arenas, so they won't take into account the zerg.

Hardly contain themselves? I can hardly contain my middle finger...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhueuehueheu

clever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already fucking went over this.

Remember open world raid bosses? And how their mechanics are completely negated thanks to the zerg?

Any more open world dynamic content will be pointless and boring unless they do something about it, which I highly doubt they will. They didn't take into account the most used gear set in the game when designing these 1vs1 arenas, so they won't take into account the zerg.

On the other side I'm glad that they have encounters that CAN'T be beaten with zerker builds. There is a reason why berserker gear is the most used gear set in game, but it makes all the other sets obsolete in PvE besides MF gear. In my opinion it would be better if 1 or 2 players in a group are geared that way, not 5.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I have the feeling that Zerkers are always the kind of players that need to be rezzed 20 times in a row during Dragon Events.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I have the feeling that Zerkers are always the kind of players that need to be rezzed 20 times in a row during Dragon Events.
    Nah, that's just idiots. I don't even have any relevant kind of gear (no sets, no coordination, just what I picked up on the way) and I don't die to dragon events and stuff like that.

Deleted
    Watch the skies? Zhaitan is back as an open world boss spawning randomly in any zone? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    if they make the pet unmystic forgeable then maybe as chances are people wont like it and just shove it into the forge and get some green back :/

On the other side I'm glad that they have encounters that CAN'T be beaten with zerker builds. There is a reason why berserker gear is the most used gear set in game, but it makes all the other sets obsolete in PvE besides MF gear. In my opinion it would be better if 1 or 2 players in a group are geared that way, not 5.

Are you saying zerg events can't be beaten with zerker builds? Last time I checked... they can. Most of the time the only reason they get downed is because of lag or people are just plain stupid. You can do those events naked and still live.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhueuehueheu

clever.
    I have my moment. It comes once every 12 years.

Watch the skies? Zhaitan is back as an open world boss spawning randomly in any zone? xD
    When a sky pirate tells you to watch the skies you think of zhaitan?

Stacking offensive stats with no defensive stats obviously means that your survival depends more on actively dodging or using powers to avoid damage. So yeah, unless we're both wrong, it means that the person is more likely to fall when they actually take damage. Sure if the player is good enough and keeps up with the encounter, it's fine, but as anyone should admit MMO's are not full of good enough players...

I don't see why they should "build an encounter around berserker", given that the same players that burn through it with berserker would probably still burn through it (slightly slower) with mixed gear as well. Berserker gear gives them a damage edge, which counts for time, so it may give them an edge in a timer event like the Gauntlet, but otherwise it's not important overall. Heck, the gauntlet seems to be set up specifically FOR Berserker, what with the various mechanics that can't be soaked. Dodge everything and burn before the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Stacking offensive stats with no defensive stats obviously means that your survival depends more on actively dodging or using powers to avoid damage. So yeah, unless we're both wrong, it means that the person is more likely to fall when they actually take damage. Sure if the player is good enough and keeps up with the encounter, it's fine, but as anyone should admit MMO's are not full of good enough players...

I don't see why they should "build an encounter around berserker", given that the same players that burn through it with berserker would probably still burn through it (slightly slower) with mixed gear as well. Berserker gear gives them a damage edge, which counts for time, so it may give them an edge in a timer event like the Gauntlet, but otherwise it's not important overall. Heck, the gauntlet seems to be set up specifically FOR Berserker, what with the various mechanics that can't be soaked. Dodge everything and burn before the timer.
    beating a boss in 20 seconds before mechanics even kick in regardless of a time limit is a horrible design. It defeats the purpose of bosses even having mechanics and this counts for any boss not just the guantlet.

It trivializes encounters and its content. Them not taking into consideration the most used gear set which has been facerolling content since day 1 when making future design bosses is the same as putting a boss with a loot pinata.

They are giving out the message, just roll zerker and you don't have to worry about things. I haven't found a reason to not go berserker.

Deleted
    Wonder when they are going do the legendary precrusor scavenger hunt

I haven't found a reason to not go berserker.
    And most probably there isn't any, for you. But for others, who have less reflexes, don't invest too much time, are new players still learning the moves etc. there is definitely room for having more defensive sets. I have a friend who sort of plays GW2 like wow (i.e. he hardly ever dodges), and mixing some defensive stats in his gear was the only way for him to not go down many times in some encounters. There is a vast variety of players in this game and I think zerker is not everybody's cup of tea.
    Furthermore I remember that last boss two patches ago where I played with a full power, toughness, vitality support build guardian and we managed to beat it because he was able to constantly rez up people without dying himself.

Sounds like we'll learn about what dragon we're going against next
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    And most probably there isn't any, for you. But for others, who have less reflexes, don't invest too much time, are new players still learning the moves etc. there is definitely room for having more defensive sets. I have a friend who sort of plays GW2 like wow (i.e. he hardly ever dodges), and mixing some defensive stats in his gear was the only way for him to not go down many times in some encounters. There is a vast variety of players in this game and I think zerker is not everybody's cup of tea.
    Furthermore I remember that last boss two patches ago where I played with a full power, toughness, vitality support build guardian and we managed to beat it because he was able to constantly rez up people without dying himself.
    This is what I do, I play a guardian with full defensive gear, I rarely bother dodging and can pull a fair few mobs at a time.

Deleted
    When a sky pirate tells you to watch the skies you think of zhaitan?
    YEP! It's AN, anything can happen. And if not Zhaithan, then maybe an other dragon. Just please no more pirates or other type of bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    YEP! It's AN, anything can happen. And if not Zhaithan, then maybe an other dragon. Just please no more pirates or other type of bandits.
    After watching this lore video, I suspect it won't be a dragon.

Very interesting video.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Very interesting video.
    I would be very impressed if even half of what's in that video was remembered let alone addressed. Unfortunately, writers tend to forget what's already been done (especially if they weren't the ones who wrote it), which is why you end up with players like that "fact checker" in WoW. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    After watching this lore video, I suspect it won't be a dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMFEqz3GQ4

Very interesting video.

Boy, this is getting good! I only knew about 1/2 these references, now I'm very excited to see how it unfolds
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I would be very impressed if even half of what's in that video was remembered let alone addressed. Unfortunately, writers tend to forget what's already been done (especially if they weren't the ones who wrote it), which is why you end up with players like that "fact checker" in WoW. :P
    Arena.net have a massive internal wiki they maintain just for themselves with all the lore and characters mapped out & detailed. Including who at AN created the article, why and their intent for the subject as it relates to the world history. It goes back pre GW1, the interim between GW1 and GW2 and stuff we have not seen in the games yet.

AN are pretty good at the lore for this series over the past decade or so.

They have pretty darn good continuity on their lore. As far as the WP video, I like his stuff quite a bit but keep in mind that some of that stuff is just conjecture on his part or gotten from other lore folks.

GW1 spoilers below!

I'm wondering if a-net is going to use the same white rabbit they've used for so long now with "plot twist, this guy who you've been playing with and think is a good guy is actually a baddy!". It was great in Prophecies but after that it got boring and obvious real fast. I can only hope that they don't do the same thing with Ellen since I'm sick of it.

There's some inconsistencies with Ellen being the bad one since the AB chief is called "scarlet" I'd assume the appearance to reflect that, "makeover kit" would solve this though.