Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to troll your credit card company.

It turns out banks don't read the small print either: Dmitry Argarkov re-wrote his terms and conditions, the bank signed them and then he sued them for hundreds of thousands for breach of contract.
    Genius, not only did he change the terms to his liking but the bank didn't bother to go over it and gave it the OK, then tried to charge him overdraft fees which the new contract didn't include.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/man...164106734.html

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oleg Tinkov, founder of the bank, tweeted: "Our lawyers think he is going to get not 24m, but really 4 years in prison for fraud. Now it's a matter of principle for @tcsbanktwitter."
    Funny how the smallest misstep on the part of the common person is always serious business and should be enforced to the fullest extent, but mistakes on the part of the bank are just "paperwork" errors.

This is hilarious. I genuinely hope he wins in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirivaria View Post
    Funny how the smallest misstep on the part of the common person is always serious business and should be enforced to the fullest extent, but mistakes on the part of the bank are just "paperwork" errors.
    paperwork errors they think should put the other guy in jail no less. "catch us with our pants down we'll sick the law on you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    paperwork errors they think should put the other guy in jail no less. "catch us with our pants down we'll sick the law on you!"
    seems more like he caught them and pants'd them to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow the bank has the gall to attempt to counter sue him for fraud? where is the fraud at? YOU sent him a letter offering a credit card with terms on it, HE sent you back a counter offer on the terms on that credit card. YOU signed it and Ok'ed it. YOU didn't read the fine print in what is a multibillion dollar company. YOU should be fired, and YOU should be responsible for your actions.

I find this funny at least he is teaching the bank no matter who you are you are responsible for what you sign and both parties have copies of the same signed agreement. So tough for them.

Want to troll your CC company?

Use a card with no annual fee and pay off your balance in full every month. They'll hate you.

Or you can go the other way, and use their binding arbitration against them after a default, force them into paying your fees, go all the way through the arbitration, make them eat $5000+ in fees, then just file bankruptcy. If you were going to do it anyway, might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Use a card with no annual fee and pay off your balance in full every month. They'll hate you.
    Sounds like a smart plan in general to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Sounds like a smart plan in general to me.
    It's really not if you want to build credit. Most companies will never increase the limit on an account that doesn't carry a balance or pay interest.

It's a great way to get an interest free micro-loan from Crapital One. Just be careful they don't send you a new set of terms in with your bill, and you find out your payment date is changed just so they they slap you with a fee and generate some money.

It's really not if you want to build credit. Most companies will never increase the limit on an account that doesn't carry a balance or pay interest.
    So what your saying is that building credit is a balancing act?
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

What sort of ppl make or try to make up a setup where the goal is to sue ppl for money? This sort of attitude sickens me.

Want to troll your CC company?

Or you can go the other way, and use their binding arbitration against them after a default, force them into paying your fees, go all the way through the arbitration, make them eat $5000+ in fees, then just file bankruptcy. If you were going to do it anyway, might as well.
    That's what I do, I put everything I can on my CC. I put my $9 lunch on my CC yesterday. I get points based on the amount I spend, in the 3 years I've had this CC I've gotten 2 $100 giftcards, so my bank has paid me $200 to use their CC while I've pain them nothing.

It's a great way to get an interest free micro-loan from Crapital One. Just be careful they don't send you a new set of terms in with your bill, and you find out your payment date is changed just so they they slap you with a fee and generate some money.
    I got a call from my Bank yesterday wanting to raise my limit on my CC from $3000 to $5500, I've haven't paid them anything in interest during the time I've had the card and this is the largest bank in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    It's you're not your.
    Thanks for you're input.

Thanks for you're input.
    well played, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

My favorite part is that they went on the offensive and actively sued him. Sure, he probably would have sued them if they just quietly closed the account and swallowed their losses, but they'd have a pretty decent chance of defending against that. But no, they sued for the losses/deliquent payments too, lost that, and then put themselves in a more difficult position for the subsequent breach of contract defense. Whether they were willfully trying to strong arm him, or whether they were oblivious of his unique contract, either way it speaks to the "bully our way to profit" mentality of more and more corporations these days.

So yeah, the guy intentionally cheated the company, and he's brilliant for it, and he's merely beating them at a game they started, and I support him 100%. I can only hope he uses the credit card to pay the lawyers, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I got a call from my Bank yesterday wanting to raise my limit on my CC from $3000 to $5500, I've haven't paid them anything in interest during the time I've had the card and this is the largest bank in Canada.
    Key point emphasized there.

So what your saying is that building credit is a balancing act?
    No, it's about gaming a skewed system to your advantage.

That's not true, I was just upped on my limit and I pay it off every month and never accrue interest. My credit score when I decided to get a home was almost 800 (Which I know isn't the highest but it is higher than most)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    That's not true, I was just upped on my limit and I pay it off every month and never accrue interest. My credit score when I decided to get a home was almost 800 (Which I know isn't the highest but it is higher than most)
    Again, it's just not something most companies do. That doesn't mean no one ever gets it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Really hope this guy doesn't go to prison, or is even forced to pay them anything. That's the most realistic outcome I can hope for... but if we're thinking fantasy, I hope he gets every last ruble they owe him.