Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Corgis Unleashed - Let's Make This HAPPEN

    So with Corgis Unleashed showing that just about anything can be registered, I'm willing to bet that Blizzard is just throwing some evidence that what we think we know we may not know and are NOT actually making Corgis Unleashed.

    However, that's not to say it can't come to be! Where are you, programmers and artists? Let's get the brainstorming going here and collectively create an Indie Game! I'll volunteer to help write the story.

    What would our game, Corgis Unleashed, be about? What type of game should we make with those short legged pups? Dogs are all the rage in games right now, right?

    Let the Corgi takeover begin, CORGIS UNLEASHED!!!
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So with Corgis Unleashed showing that just about anything can be registered, I'm willing to bet that Blizzard is just throwing some evidence that what we think we know we may not know and are NOT actually making Corgis Unleashed.

    However, that's not to say it can't come to be! Where are you, programmers and artists? Let's get the brainstorming going here and collectively create an Indie Game! I'll volunteer to help write the story.

    What would our game, Corgis Unleashed, be about? What type of game should we make with those short legged pups? Dogs are all the rage in games right now, right?

    Let the Corgi takeover begin, CORGIS UNLEASHED!!!
    Assuming they actually paid for the fake trademark. Whoever makes a game with such a name will get sued won't they?
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  3. #3
    Corgis Unleashed is clearly the actual name for Titan.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome drake741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    584
    Lets all be perfectly honest, if the game were ACTUALLY in any way similar to this, we would all totally play it.

    At least make Corgi Wrangling a Secondary Prof
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Assuming they actually paid for the fake trademark. Whoever makes a game with such a name will get sued won't they?
    I'll have none of your rational logic ruining the fun here! This is not a place for rational logic! This is a place of insanity and corgis!


    Quote Originally Posted by drake741 View Post
    Lets all be perfectly honest, if the game were ACTUALLY in any way similar to this, we would all totally play it.

    At least make Corgi Wrangling a Secondary Prof
    So would players be playing AS the Corgis or should they be another character with corgis as their companions?

    Corgi puppy seems an obvious requirement for inclusion.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  6. #6
    Mechagnome drake741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Assuming they actually paid for the fake trademark. Whoever makes a game with such a name will get sued won't they?
    Blizzard has also done more silly things than this, I wouldn't put it past them. The trademark fees are worth the laugh they are all having over this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So would players be playing AS the Corgis or should they be another character with corgis as their companions?

    Corgi puppy seems an obvious requirement for inclusion.
    Either Corgi is the new race/class, or as a profession, its like pet battles, but only Corgis, and the end boss is the Queen of England.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Riavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031
    Not "just anything" can be registered. These are applications to register a trade mark, not to be confused with registered trade marks. There is a fee to apply and then a fee to register (if they have been deemed registerable by an examiner/the law).

    Someone has paid to apply to register this corgi tm. They have put blizzards name in. It's not really an issue because blizzard has it in their name, so they can just revoke it. I doubt blizzard will pay the final registration fees, but they can. It's not illegal to have a trade mark that you are not even using, but if someone else wants it, they will come along and file for non-use and get blizzards rights removed over it.


    As you can see with the current application pricing of the USTMO (http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/...e031913.htm#tm) someone paid at least 275 dollars for this joke.

    If it's just a screenshot and not actually on the register, the people who fell for this jumped the gun.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2013-08-15 at 08:59 AM.

  8. #8
    When I saw the the thread title I assumed Arlee was the creator. Color me surprised!

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,144
    I would love to see it in the style of one of those old Sierra point and click adventure games. Space Quest, Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry etc.

    But you play as a Corgi. and you are.. unleashed.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week male breast feeding, batman and near death experiences

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,511
    Just gonna leave this here:


    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,361
    Hopefully those Cogris will be Unleashed into a woodchipper.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Corgis Unleashed is clearly the actual name for Titan.
    This is what I've been saying!

  13. #13
    The Patient Promethieuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
    Posts
    308
    What if Corgis is not plural of Corgi but it's the word (pronounced: Cor-giss) as in a powerful evil we don't know about yet? :O

    World of Warcraft: Corgis (Cor-giss) Unleashed

    OH SHIT

  14. #14
    Brewmaster Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    What if Corgis is not plural of Corgi but it's the word (pronounced: Cor-giss) as in a powerful evil we don't know about yet? :O

    World of Warcraft: Corgis (Cor-giss) Unleashed

    OH SHIT
    Or "Corg is Unleashed" about some new enemy named Corg, and how they are unleashed.

  15. #15
    There is no Warcraft, there is only Corg.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Or "Corg is Unleashed" about some new enemy named Corg, and how they are unleashed.
    that... just.. blew my mind!
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week male breast feeding, batman and near death experiences

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Invictus9001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,042
    Corgis Unleashed.. coming soon to the children's line of books from Blizzard Entertainment.
    (Calling it here and now. Woof, woof.)

    #InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

  18. #18
    There must always be a Corgi.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Hopefully those Cogris will be Unleashed into a woodchipper.
    Glad I'm not the only one who hates corgis

  20. #20
    Arlees lack of involvement in this thread is sickening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •