Thread: Boomkin Heals

Boomkin Heals

Been seeing more and more triple dps teams in 3s with a boomie.
    With their self heals / off heals, theyre like resto druids with the capability of damaging on command.
    Out of all the hybrid classes, Boomie heals are the most out of hand imo.
    Anyone else notice the ridiculous healing? Are they changing that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Boomkins are like ret paladins, once they use their cds they do not do that much damage(unless they get lucky with starsurge procs). Just tunnel the druid and the should die. Boomkins are not that tanky.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cially-boomkin

Boomkin heals are not that good, like a warriors secondwind. If you have enough dps to push past it you are fine. Just kill the boomkin, they are easy to kill.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'll be more specific, I was Healing 3's on my pally, we were running kfc. Both my dps were on the boomie and he was always pillar humping/self healing.
    We ended up losing when they got a good cc chain on me. End of the match i did 4.9 Mil healing, boomie did 3.9 mil.
    thats 80% of my healing.
    It seemed a little out of control and im sure we could have played it better, but it just seemed a lil crazy to me.

Look, boomkins excel when it comes to hiding behind a pillar and healing, if you mindlessly run circles around a pillar to try to catch him, you won't. End of story. Tell your teammates to stop tunnel visioning into a target and peel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snutz, a multi-rank 1 glad and blizzcon winning warlock (although a cheesy win) was fighting boomkin/affli lock in 2s as demo/rsham. He couldn't EVER kill the boomkin because of censarian ward simply outhealing all of his damage.

Both ele sham heals and boomkin heals are seriously stupid. Ele shams can do like 90k heals after they crit (which is always due to lava burst) and boomkins can simply hide behind a pillar, use cenarian ward on CD and rejuv themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Snutz, a multi-rank 1 glad and blizzcon winning warlock (although a cheesy win) was fighting boomkin/affli lock in 2s as demo/rsham. He couldn't EVER kill the boomkin because of censarian ward simply outhealing all of his damage.

Both ele sham heals and boomkin heals are seriously stupid. Ele shams can do like 90k heals after they crit (which is always due to lava burst) and boomkins can simply hide behind a pillar, use cenarian ward on CD and rejuv themselves.
    he is playing demo lock. that's his first problem. also you completely ignore the fact that warlock has rejuv from symbiosis as well, along with gateway, and spam fear on not only the warlock, but his pet as well, and you can't tremor every single fear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    I'll be more specific, I was Healing 3's on my pally, we were running kfc. Both my dps were on the boomie and he was always pillar humping/self healing.
    We ended up losing when they got a good cc chain on me. End of the match i did 4.9 Mil healing, boomie did 3.9 mil.
    thats 80% of my healing.
    It seemed a little out of control and im sure we could have played it better, but it just seemed a lil crazy to me.
    The boomkin was then putting no pressure then. Then the other team got a good chain cc he hit his cds and killed something.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The boomkin was then putting no pressure then. Then the other team got a good chain cc he hit his cds and killed something.
    True, but I dont think a dps should be able to heal like a healer, and hit like a dps. Should be one or the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    True, but I dont think a dps should be able to heal like a healer, and hit like a dps. Should be one or the other.
    The hot does not heal for much. And it can be dispelled so easily.

I guess I'll have to remind my hunter to tranq shot boomie hots next time.

you shouldn't have to remind him, the first thing you should be doing in an arena as a dispelling class is dispelling your main target (this is assuming you are not playing against something reliant on the opener like rmp)

Boomkin heals don't feel that great to me personally.. although I usually play with NS over Cenarion Ward which I may change from now on.. When a Boomkin pops Heart of the wild, play def because you're not going to kill anything.