Haste, why did it have to be haste Q-Q

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103989#see-also

I know it isn't exactly a hard to get trinket, more just tedious but a 535 soon after the patch would be nice to have going into Siege. Just wish it was anything but haste ._. why blizz

Luckily my main is 545 atm so i dont have to worry about it.. possibly decent for ret pallies or dks tho :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Luckily my main is 545 atm so i dont have to worry about it.. possibly decent for ret pallies or dks tho :P
    probably very good for them. oh well, if only there was an alternative. have no luck with the feather

Because this whole expansion seems to be equivalent to a sensual handjob for every other strength user aside from Warriors. I honestly cannot recall itemization being this bad since Vanilla and back then strength deeps gear basically didn't exist. How is it even possible that 2 (perhaps even 3?) tier sets in a row can come with so awful stats and set bonuses that competitive players only use one piece tops.

Blows my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Because this whole expansion seems to be equivalent to a sensual handjob for every other strength user aside from Warriors. I honestly cannot recall itemization being this bad since Vanilla and back then strength deeps gear basically didn't exist. How is it even possible that 2 (perhaps even 3?) tier sets in a row can come with so awful stats and set bonuses that competitive players only use one piece tops.

Blows my mind...

comical how every str class claims that.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22027512

luckily, there are OTHER trinkets you can choose.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

Claiming something is one thing, especially if it's just about one specific spec, but I don't see how it's even arguable that the whole warriors class hasn't been screwed big time in MOP. Haste and Mastery grant passive damage increasing benefits which are reliable (which is the reason why every single other spec aside from fire mages are built around the stats) when BOTH warrior specs got designed to completely rely on a RNG stat like crit to even establish decent resource generation.

That in itself is dumb, but what makes it a disaster is that after designing the specs that way some genius decided to strip crit as a main stat on most items (especially set items and trinkets in the first contents) absolutely destroying the functionality of warriors in the process. If my own classes tier set isn't even worth looking at there is a fundamental flaw in the design.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-08-10 at 08:31 AM.

Probably one of the best trinkets for Ret.

That in itself is dumb, but what makes it a disaster is that after designing the specs that way some genius decided to strip crit as a main stat on most items (especially set items and trinkets in the first contents) absolutely destroying the functionality of warriors in the process. If my own classes tier set isn't even worth looking at there is a fundamental flaw in the design.
    Sets weren't really blessed with that much crit last addon as well. Might be just more notable due to changes.
    I think the first cata set even had just one crit piece could be remembering that wrong though and also at least there are crit pieces for most slots now. Not that I disagree though with underwhelming set bonuses but I don't think we are totally alone with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

I don't want useless haste, i want mastery!

(i'm frost DW pvp, and some pve)

bolded the importent part
    ignore his complaints the trinket is excellent for 2 hander frost which is the only importent spec anyway
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sets weren't really blessed with that much crit last addon as well. Might be just more notable due to changes.
    I think the first cata set even had just one crit piece could be remembering that wrong though and also at least there are crit pieces for most slots now. Not that I disagree though with underwhelming set bonuses but I don't think we are totally alone with that.
    WOTLK drew an end to warriors using mail and leather gear to gain Crit and devs redesigned everything so that mastery would grant the greatest bonus for basically all 3 specs. Catalysm sets didn't really deliver for those needs either, but what made it less of a problem was that the base damage of abilities like Mortal strike and Slam were so ridiculously high that gemming Strength to bump those numbers even higher always yielded the best results.

Crit should be a rare fun bonus for all classes, not a fundamental requirement for a spec to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    I don't want useless haste, i want mastery!

ignore his complaints the trinket is excellent for 2 hander frost which is the only importent spec anyway
    The problem with making a mastery proccing trinket is that basically every other class would get close to zero benefit from it, atleast in comparison to something that procs strength which globally benefits everyone. While I see the irony that having a crit proc trinket opposes similar problems I would argue that arms+fury > frost.

If they really don't want to add a number of more trinkets to content I don't understand why they can't get back to the 'your highest stat will always be chosen' method and just figure out if they want the trinket to give primary or secondary stats, and class them by the passive bonus. Catering to everyone's needs with minimal effort.

Crit should be a rare fun bonus for all classes, not a fundamental requirement for a spec to work.
    I guess that's a matter of taste I don't think there is a problem in general with warriors favoring crit more than other classes - not that I find the current iteration of warrior mechanics particularly appealing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    See: Ashkan'di - Sulfuras - Shin'ka - Uroe - Xal'anoth.
    Certainly right but at least this time around there are alternatives. Of course they are not having exactly the highest availability however the next tier seems to have quite the repertory again and even a couple with haste. Obviously these probably don't drop all from the endboss but I'd consider that an advantage.

Deleted
    You mean, like how every single end boss in this game since Cataclysm has been dropping two handers with absolutely perfect stats for warriors and shitty stats for everyone else every single time, with the only one notable exception of Gurthalak (being a non-stat weapon)?

Selective memory and all that. Yeah, this trinket is not good for you. Happens.
    But that's bad for us, not good. Having your BiS weapon drop where you really need it is not a benefit at all.

I mean sure, after progression is over, that might be nice (or super pointless when for example Ragnaros never dropped Sulfuras neither in normal nor on heroic, 10 man loot GG), but farming doesn't matter after all.

Having your BiS weapon dropping while it's relevant is waaaaay better than some really good itemized one at the very end, where its pretty much wasted.

It's not like (maybe with Sulfuras beeing the exception here) that very decent last boss weapon would be super awesome for the next tier either, since normal mode weapons will beat out your super awesome heroic weapon anyways, since weapon damage is just too good for a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

Unholy DKs love haste too.

For 2h frost DKs and Unholy DKs, this is like... sex, in trinket form.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's a scaled-up Darkmist Vortex. From a Ret perspective, at least, Vortex was relatively lackluster, despite ostensibly having our favored stats; static strength/haste proc just isn't as good as the reverse. The long ICD is also a killer. Vortex was worse than Lei Shen's Final Orders, despite being a half-tier up in ilvl.

Really though, I just wouldn't think it's THAT hard to get all stats to "reasonably decent" territory, so it's puzzling that some specs are still stuck with "X stat is garbage, we hate having any of it". Ret is indeed fortunate in this regard: haste is our favorite stat, but crit/mastery are not far worse.
    Last edited by Meteoric; 2013-08-11 at 06:58 AM.

You mean, like how every single end boss in this game since Cataclysm has been dropping two handers with absolutely perfect stats for warriors and shitty stats for everyone else every single time, with the only one notable exception of Gurthalak (being a non-stat weapon)?

600 of an inferior stat on a weapon is not remotely comparable to the power of current trinkets. You know this. Your comment is pointless, really.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I guess that's a matter of taste I don't think there is a problem in general with warriors favoring crit more than other classes - not that I find the current iteration of warrior mechanics particularly appealing though.
    I was talking from a mechanical perspective more than anything else. Saying that x does more damage than y because he crits more is silly because x will be scaled a similar level of y anyway. Critting or not critting doesn't bother me one bit, what does piss me off is that both warrior specs have to rely on the only offensive RNG stat to succeed, but aren't presented with enough of it to be considered reliable.

You obviously have a point and that definitely is something other classes have a reason to complain about, but if crit is needed this badly then one or two well itemized slots simply won't do, even if one of them is a weapon. But more specificly with warriors, as an Arms warrior I look at crit on a weapon like I look at mastery or haste from my other items, the weapon damage is what I scale best from and is number one priority.

Funny how the one item where crit is nice, but not a terribly big deal happens to be well designed.

Other people here have also pointed out that if all other weapons are basically rubbish in comparison to what the end boss drops, it heavily restricts how useful we REALLY are for progression.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-08-11 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Blows my mind...

Itemization is great this tier. Two amazing trinkets, much better socket bonuses, excellent off piece options, and since all stat weights are closer at higher gear levels nothing is so terrible it's totally waste.