Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They should just bring back the resil system from BEG of mop, start off with 45% resil and give resil to pvp gear, that will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    lmao, so another bandaid fix to pvp? 80% base resil now?
    How is that a band aid fix? Its more like a surgical amputation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    They should just bring back the resil system from BEG of mop, start off with 45% resil and give resil to pvp gear, that will fix it.
    wait a second... that was some quick nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    How can they say Healing is too high when people are getting one-shotted? Why can't BF nerf Instant heals by 60% and casted heals by 40%?
    Because it goes like this.

You have been hit by X ability for 350k.

And that is instantly followed by

You have been healed and overhealed by X for 59897838284930021111111111!!one!1!.

It's a ping pong between execute range and full hp. Making it retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    thats nice news! its going to end up with everyone having 90% base resi at this rate :P
    its only till next expansion when we finally get the item squish
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    its only till next expansion when we finally get the item squish
    Its sad people think like this, item squish will not do anything to fix pvp it will just make it a smaller version what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Its sad people think like this, item squish will not do anything to fix pvp it will just make it a smaller version what we have now.
    That's not completely true. The item squish is an oportunity to fully readjust all the primary values, like dps, healthpools and healing per second.

Imagine it like tomorrow you wake up with double the healthpool, 25% less dps and 30% less healing, while the mobs are also balanced to these new values.

Basically what they attempted at Cata launch. But they fucked that up, by refusing to squish item levels. This created a whole scaling and psychological reward problem.

If you didnt increase player power sufficiently it would have felt unrewarding. They were also afraid to confuse players, being worried that they would feel underpowered.

Since then blizz simply seem to have accepted the obvious. Unless they commit to rewrite the balance of values and multipliers completly the game wil just get even more unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's not completely true. The item squish is an oportunity to fully readjust all the primary values, like dps, healthpools and healing per second.
    Any expansion can redo balance, but a item squish itself wouldn't do it and would have nothing to do with fixing pvp.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-08-10 at 05:34 AM.

i never actually thought it could possibly get worse than cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just merge factions as the Lore rather would support it at this point. Doing what Final Fantasy XIV is doing would be for the best. PVP is for Arenas only. Then they can balance in controlled areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Imagine it like tomorrow you wake up with double the healthpool, 25% less dps and 30% less healing, while the mobs are also balanced to these new values.

Basically what they attempted at Cata launch. But they fucked that up, by refusing to squish item levels. This created a whole scaling and psychological reward problem.

If you didnt increase player power sufficiently it would have felt unrewarding. They were also afraid to confuse players, being worried that they would feel underpowered.

Since then blizz simply seem to have accepted the obvious. Unless they commit to rewrite the balance of values and multipliers completly the game wil just get even more unbalanced.
    A squish makes gear progression boring though. They'd have to find fixes for both problems or else it'll be another bandaid fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    A squish makes gear progression boring though. They'd have to find fixes for both problems or else it'll be another bandaid fail.
    How does it make gear progression boring when the tiers will still increase exponentially at max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    LOL "Ptr demonstration"?!?!? damage has been too high since the release of mop, check shamans, hunters, ferals out...
    holy shit its someone on the internet that has common sense

i mean i dont want to sound like im whinin, but i am so deal with it

i remember when this game required SOME kind of strategy. 1700 in 2s, 20ish wins from just swiftying people as ret/fury lol. only like 100 rating until im only queued into gladiator players

what a joke

Untrue.
    Any expansion can redo balance, but a item squish itself wouldn't do it and would have nothing to do with fixing pvp.
    Yes...mostly no. This next quote is spot-on:

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'd rather have "boring" progression and functional PvP. You wouldn't even notice a progression change. It's exactly what we have now. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    holy shit its someone on the internet that has common sense

i mean i dont want to sound like im whinin, but i am so deal with it

i remember when this game required SOME kind of strategy. 1700 in 2s, 20ish wins from just swiftying people as ret/fury lol. only like 100 rating until im only queued into gladiator players

what a joke
    Yup, Gladiators are in 2s at 1800. I can't wait to get my new Gladiator mount.

Just because you aren't a Gladiator and it's not possible to get Gladiator in 2s, doesn't mean that Gladiator players don't play 2s @ 1800.

Seriously - Another alteration to Battle Fatigue & Base Resilience?

Have they not yet figured out that these two methods of controlling PvP damage are fucking terrible. I know it would be something we would need wait for another expansion to see, but Blizzard need to get their act together and separate PvP & PvE abilites.

Their excuse; "It would be too complicated to learn two sets of the same spells" is now bullshit, because each patch a few classes have to totally rework their rotation, have to suffer nerfs, or be buffed to the point where they're considered a Flavor of the Month class, simply because of an imbalance in the game.

Having to remodel your characters Rotation, Stat Priorites, Reforges, Gems & Talents every patch just because someone else, somewhere was dominating a certain class is not fun and I hate it. I want the power I have in PvE to remain fairly stable, and not jump around because an aspect of the game I have little involvement in is not balanced.

I'm sick of the band aid fixes Blizzard uses that end up becoming permanent, and the introduction of stupid systems that are just not enjoyable.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-08-10 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Untrue.
    Not really you can look up the quotes they've said dmg would stay the same % of health. Now they could do some rebalancing along with this and most likely will but it would have nothing to do with it itself.

All that said a squish was never confirmed and may not even happen next exp.

Anyway like I said before they haven't got pvp right in 9 years they aren't ever going to.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Testing on the PTR has demonstrated...

...that Blizzard don't give a flying f-word about players who actually want to finish Wrathion's quest. Why? Because the griefers who like to have "fun" and ruin it for others are still, even now, griefing the Celestials and forcing them to despawn. If Blizzard actually care, they'd implement a solution immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    So let me get this straight. 100k judgments, 300k slams, and 100k lava bursts are ok but an 80k chaos bolt with a 3 second cast time is omg nerf now?
    Exactly why I no longer PvP.

FoTM doesn't belong to the best class. It belongs to whoever bitches the loudest.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

They should nerf chaos bolt by another 50% in PvP and hide it from us by not putting it in any notes. That should fix it. Nerf ember tap by another 30% too while they are at it.