Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    for insight into why racism is still relevant, watch some old footage of fire hosings and lynchings, and then review some of the gerrymandered districts in the south....Racism is alive and well in America.
    So true. Saw a film called Soul Plane awhile back. It was made in 2004 and is far more demeaning to African-Americans than anything from early Jim Crow Hollywood. Pretty sure the KKK made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post

there was this incident here in australia where a 14 year old girl was watching the football game and said one of the black players looks like an ape
    he actually did look like one, not because he was black but because he didnt shave and looked like someone from planet of the apes.
    That guy went crazy and started screaming at the girl.
    Now reverse the role and lets pretend there was a white player who hadnt shaved n looked like an ape and she called him that, nobody would care that she called him that.
    I think it's more likely the guy got angry because people have for a long time racially compared blacks to that of primates.
    If you said a black guy looked like a buzzard, he probably wouldn't take it the same way, as an example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Stop and Frisk, enuf said.

http://www.nyclu.org/issues/racial-j...risk-practices

Racism is still present, especially in the US's socio-political system, where white putrid neophytes dominate.
    Wow that is a smart dog he knows that he cant mess with the police and when the camera is present.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I think it's more likely the guy got angry because people have for a long time racially compared blacks to that of primates.
    If you said a black guy looked like a buzzard, he probably wouldn't take it the same way, as an example.
    how about there is this nba player named russell westbrook people say he looks like a ninja turtle(which i think he kinda does)
    but people say thats racists we cant say that.. WHAT????????

I got a question about racism

First of all why is it if you say a black person looks like an animal that is considered racists.
    But if you say a white person looks like an animal its perfectly fine.
    Is it because black people are too sensitive?

there was this incident here in australia where a 14 year old girl was watching the football game and said one of the black players looks like an ape
    he actually did look like one, not because he was black but because he didnt shave and looked like someone from planet of the apes.
    Now reverse the role and lets pretend there was a white player who hadnt shaved n looked like an ape and she called him that, nobody would care that she called him that.

Do black people just use the racism card whenever they are mistreated??
    Isnt everyone equal??
    So it shouldnt matter if somebody is black or white, if they have features that make them look like a certain animal it shouldnt be labelled racists just because he's black.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?biw=...77&tx=97&ty=30

that is a picture of a bird looking like nicolas cage, which is not racists because his white apparantly.

You know if you even tried to read up about why the player took offense to being called an ape maybe this post would not come off as stinking of ignorance. Ape and monkey have long since been negative words to describe black people so yes some black people do take offense at being called them. As for people being to sensitive that is not the case if you look at the time before the civil rights movement early 1960s black people could not even look white people in the eyes or even use the same facilities as whites. So it is not that black people are more sensitive now, it is that they can voice their unhappiness now without fear of being beat, raped, or killed.

As for letting the past go think of it this way most people on here are only one or two generations away from Jim Crow south and A Time to Kill. My parents were products of Jim Crow south, sit ins, marches, riding in the back of the bus and it colored how they raised me. So yes, I will find being called an ape or monkey offensive because I was taught that it is an offensive term that has, can, and will be used to describe me in a negative light. It is not that I am sensitive but that I find it disrespectful, like calling a gay person fag or a Mexican wetback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current Demographics

79% European White
    12% African American
    15% Latino/Spanish Origins

With a majority of the country being white, no wonder they believe that racism has been overplayed. Its the 12 -15% we dont see that defines if our country is predominantly racist or not.

There is Racism, that is a fact. It is just not as omni-present since we generally are not living in those neighborhoods that are racially diverse. That is hidden from us, from the general population.

Racism exists, will always exist...so will yummy exchanges of bodily fluids between two racially different peoples, and with the world growing ever smaller, well...you get the picture.

Deleted
    Saw this thread and thought about a story I'd read earlier about Oprah Winfrey. She (apparently) claimed she had recently been a victim of racism because a store assistant in Switzerland told her a handbag was too expensive for her. I mean... really? This is racism? The assistant was just a snob, not a racist.

I think the racism card gets overplayed alot but then when you are used to being discriminated against it's easy to see it everywhere when perhaps it doesnt exist. I kinda wish we could all just take the piss out of each other and ourselves and not have to worry about the PC brigade being offended. So yes, people are too sensitive but it's not just limited to racism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Current Demographics

79% European White
    12% African American
    15% Latino/Spanish Origins

With a majority of the country being white, no wonder they believe that racism has been overplayed. Its the 12 -15% we dont see that defines if our country is predominantly racist or not.

There is Racism, that is a fact. It is just not as omni-present since we generally are not living in those neighborhoods that are racially diverse. That is hidden from us, from the general population.

Racism exists, will always exist...so will yummy exchanges of bodily fluids between two racially different peoples, and with the world growing ever smaller, well...you get the picture.
    79+12+15=106

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    79+12+15=106
    Math is racist.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    People aren't really sensitive, they are feigning it to put themselves in a superior position. Playing the victim to gain attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skillym View Post
    So true. Saw a film called Soul Plane awhile back. It was made in 2004 and is far more demeaning to African-Americans than anything from early Jim Crow Hollywood. Pretty sure the KKK made it.
    Supposedly that is Bill Clinton's favorite movie. I shit you not.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Saw this thread and thought about a story I'd read earlier about Oprah Winfrey. She (apparently) claimed she had recently been a victim of racism because a store assistant in Switzerland told her a handbag was too expensive for her. I mean... really? This is racism? The assistant was just a snob, not a racist.
    You don't know that.

Deleted
    Well the cool thing is that store assistants in switzerland judge your wealth and education probably by the choice of your clothes and not by the color of you skin

Either he was a racists or her fashion sense is questionable.

Btw -Asian American population, comprising 13.4 million in 2008, or 4.4%
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-08-09 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a question about racism

First of all why is it if you say a black person looks like an animal that is considered racists.
    But if you say a white person looks like an animal its perfectly fine.
    Is it because black people are too sensitive?

Do black people just use the racism card whenever they are mistreated??
    Isnt everyone equal??
    So it shouldnt matter if somebody is black or white, if they have features that make them look like a certain animal it shouldnt be labelled racists just because he's black.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?biw=...77&tx=97&ty=30

that is a picture of a bird looking like nicolas cage, which is not racists because his white apparantly.
    Because since the Romantisization of the "Others" as being animalistic, lustfull, and generally placed in negative conotations, Imperialistic ideals of self defined being white as superior, ordered, etc.

This defined us (whiteys) according to what the "others" were, and gave permission to European whites to do whatsoever to other racially distinct populations.

A wound from our imperialistic ancestors, but a wound present in nearly every culture on the planet.

Everyone is racist.

The only difference is, is that the "white" race has instigated the industrial revolution, and propelled globalization. We were there at the right place ...at the right time...to be racist assholes.

American immigrant here. From my perspective, I'm just baffled they still think it's about skin color.

Listen, I don't care who you are. If you sing your amatuer rap songs in public, show your boxers out in public, yelling and cursing in between every word you use, and refuse to give up your seat to an old lady in the subway, along with many other people I won't like you. If you're African American, wear normal clothing, support your family if you got one, are hard working, I'll like you. Seriously, it's not that hard to understand.

I am opposed to the discrimnation based on skin color. But if you act like an idiot, don't be surprised if people prejudge that you're an idiot. It's people like that who claim discrimination for being a fool is the same as being racist that make me call out "boy who cried wolf" every time it happens now. I'm pretty jaded at this point and I've pretty much lost sympathy.
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2013-08-09 at 11:35 PM.

Some races will never truly understand racism. People spamming I didn't get accepted into a college because I am "x" it is real racism but not comparable to what to other races have been through.
    Last edited by dashflash890; 2013-08-09 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Drama bitch

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The thing is you have to pretend to make this argument because the reverse doesn't happen as often.

Guess you've never been to Asia? Asians call whites stinky hairy apes...You don't see whites getting offended tho...strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    79+12+15=106
    Sorry taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra..._and_ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post

I think the racism card gets overplayed alot but then when you are used to being discriminated against it's easy to see it everywhere when perhaps it doesnt exist. I kinda wish we could all just take the piss out of each other and ourselves and not have to worry about the PC brigade being offended. So yes, people are too sensitive but it's not just limited to racism.
    Thats a "true"racism dude....... if a person believes a person can't afford a item because they are racial profiling what is it than?
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Well the cool thing is that store assistants in switzerland judge your wealth and education probably by the choice of your clothes and not by the color of you skin

Either he was a racists or her fashion sense is questionable.

Btw -Asian American population, comprising 13.4 million in 2008, or 4.4%
    Are you talking about Oprah? that story is pretty funny cause that happens to all races...but apparently if it happens to blacks, it cause of racism...funny