Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go buy the GTX 760, dont listen to some of these people telling you to buy outdated technology, The 7XXX Radeon series is old and they are about to release newer cards, if you want one now, do the GTX 760 or wait until AMD releases their new cards in 2 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Go buy the GTX 760, dont listen to some of these people telling you to buy outdated technology, The 7XXX Radeon series is old and they are about to release newer cards, if you want one now, do the GTX 760 or wait until AMD releases their new cards in 2 months.
    The lowest GTX760 is around $250. The Op's budget is ~$200. And if it were less than a month before the definite physical launch of the HD9000 series, I would agree.

Deleted
    The best card below $200 you can get in my opinion is the 7870:

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB $170 ($15 MIR)

If you could stretch the budget ~$10-20 after rebate then one of these 7950 would be a great option:

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB $220 after $20 MIR (this would be my choice)
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB $210 after $30 MIR

Deleted
    Funny, the 760 is in essence a 670. And as long AMD has not released their new cards, the 7xxx isnt outdated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Funny, the 760 is in essence a 670. And as long AMD has not released their new cards, the 7xxx isnt outdated.
    And their aggressive pricing as you can see is quite nice

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    The best card below $200 you can get in my opinion is the 7870:

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB $170 ($15 MIR)

If you could stretch the budget ~$10-20 after rebate then one of these 7950 would be a great option:

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB $220 after $20 MIR (this would be my choice)
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB $210 after $30 MIR
    Ya I don't mind adding another 10 to 20 on I think I will get the http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphir...-card-1003523l

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I may be missing it, but it doesnt even look like they are offering those games anymore. Did i miss it?>
    The promotion's still running, but it's only "while supplies last" and many retailers have started to run out of bonus codes.

As of a couple of days ago, TigerDirect was still issuing them. Newegg is out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorphius View Post
    The promotion's still running, but it's only "while supplies last" and many retailers have started to run out of bonus codes.

As of a couple of days ago, TigerDirect was still issuing them. Newegg is out though.
    Thanks for the heads up before I got it from Newegg and got no games from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems these are the only cards that are part of the promotion through tiger direct the other 7950s don't come with the any game codes. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ampaignID=2499

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Where do you get your info. a 760 is a 680 with 2 shader processors disabled. It hangs with the 680 in most benchmarks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Seems these are the only cards that are part of the promotion through tiger direct the other 7950s don't come with the any game codes. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ampaignID=2499
    MSI is solid and their coolers are first-rate, but it looks like theirs is over your budget.

I've never used XFX so I can't speak for them, but after the rebate it's the cheapest of the three, and they offer a lifetime warranty iirc, so you should be okay as long as you're not planning to overclock it into oblivion or otherwise do anything stupid that might void the warranty.

I'd avoid the Visiontek... it's expensive and it has the stock cooler, which means it'll probably sound like a Formula 1 car once you actually get into a game with it.
    Last edited by Sorphius; 2013-08-11 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Where do you get your info. a 760 is a 680 with 2 shader processors disabled. It hangs with the 680 in most benchmarks.
    You really need to read up on the GK 104, which is the basic chip for the 670/680/770/760. They are all pretty much the same, except for how many clusters are deactivated.

Now lets take a look at the specs:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/M..._Gaming/1.html

The 760 has less clusters than the 670, but is clocked slightly higher.
    And when you look at the benches, you can see the 670 is actually slightly better than the 760.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/M...Gaming/27.html

And thats even against a stock 670.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorphius View Post
    MSI is solid and their coolers are first-rate, but it looks like theirs is over your budget.

I've never used XFX so I can't speak for them, but after the rebate it's the cheapest of the three, and they offer a lifetime warranty iirc, so you should be okay as long as you're not planning to overclock it into oblivion or otherwise do anything stupid that might void the warranty.

I'd avoid the Visiontek... it's expensive and it has the stock cooler, which means it'll probably sound like a Formula 1 car once you actually get into a game with it.
    Plus the only game they are giving out now are the 2 that I already own so not worth it to me anymore just going to go after the newegg one. I just purchased this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID= thanks everyone for the advice and help.
    Last edited by Yami; 2013-08-11 at 11:06 PM.

what about these 2?
    I wouldn't go with the XFX card. The Gigabyte one should be OK.

This recommendation is based solely off of hardware.fr's thermal camera images of the PCB.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-08-12 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I wouldn't go with the XFX card. The Gigabyte one should be OK.

This recommendation is based solely off of hardware.fr's thermal camera images of the PCB.
    The Sapphire is one of the cheaper ones, nothing wrong with it and not to mention, it's a 7950 instead of a 7870.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-08-12 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    The Sapphire is one of the cheaper ones, nothing wrong with it and not to mention, it's a 7950 instead of a 7870.
    Ya I just purchased it and it should be here in 3 days or so I got it from Newegg since Tigerdirect had it as more expensive plus the games they were offering with the code I already owned.

Deleted
    Ya I just purchased it and it should be here in 3 days or so I got it from Newegg since Tigerdirect had it as more expensive plus the games they were offering with the code I already owned.
    Good luck