Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Stood in the Fire Deztru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Nobody has said arcane mage yet? I'm shocked.

    Arcane is ironically the hardest mage spec atm. Only fire is harder if you play at the maximum skill cap.

  2. #122
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    666
    probably ele shaman

  3. #123
    All are easy if your goal is to top meters in LFR or some normal PUG, are all hard to play in the +95% range.

  4. #124

  5. #125

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    While everbody is saying ele sham is faceroll ololol dps, it is indeed quite easy to play, but not too easy to play near maximum performance. There's a big difference between good shamans and bad shamans. When it is so faceroll to play, why arent ele's topping the meters everywhere...
    because of a thing called class balance (or more like class imbalance). some classes do more dps than others. An average played warlock will destroy a perfectly played ele shaman everytime.

    doesnt mean the warlock rotation is harder, it just means warlocks are stronger than eles in current state of the game.

    OT : ele shaman/frost mage get my vote

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    I have a fury warrior as an alt who is ilvl 577 and I disagree to the part where more buttons = more complex. Realistically speaking when it comes to topping meters has a fury warrior the main thing you really need is good rng because they are one of the most rng reliant classes in the game along with fire mages hence why many stack so much crit to try to eliminate as much rng as they can but in reality it's impossible unless you have 100% crit.

    I'm sorry but playing a high ilvl fury myself I do not see what is so "complex" about it. I've personally found it more difficult to play an MM hunter and frost mage than I have fury.
    What's the name of this ilvl 577 warrior of yours?
    <Midwinter>
    Armory

    Focusing your rage spending inside Colossus Smash windows, without wasting rage, is very much an intended gameplay element. Celestalon

  8. #128
    ITT: people speaking with authority on things they know nothing about.


    If you want to talk to me about wow theorycrafting or anything really: Eranthe#1639

  9. #129
    I don't have 90 hunter/shaman/dk/rogue but from the others I've found all mage specs, destro locks, arms warr and retri pala to be fairly easy and demo lock the one I just couldn't fathom. Destro probably the easiest one.

  10. #130
    After playing fire/frost/arcane/destro/aff/demo/ret/holy pal/prot pal/disc/shadow/ele/r sham/enhance/surv/bm/combat/sub/mut/r druid/ww monk if you answer with anything other than ele shaman I'll need an explanation.

  11. #131
    Anyone checked out WoD Talents and Perks to see what will be easy in WoD?

    I remember MM Hunter had a difficult Rotation with doing Aimed Shot at 80%Health or more, as well as at certain Haste Plateaus like when doing Rapid fire or when Instant Aimed Shot procs, and casting Arcane shot at other times. This became increasingly hard because you had to keep casting Steady Shot two times in a row, getting Focus capped easily. You also had to maintain Serpent Sting DoT with Chimera Shot.

    In WoD Arcane Shot is gone so the decision to cast Arcane Shot or Aimed Shot is no more, you always just Aimed Shot. You also no longer have to maintain Serpent Sting [as it is gone] and there is a Talent which allows to cast one other Spell, instead of casting two times Steady Shot.

    All Cooldowns are gone also, Rapid Fire is removed and Stampede moved to the Talent Tree, so a MM Hunter could have a 4 Button Rotation:


    Chimera Shot > Lv90 Talent > Aimed Shot > Focusing shot

    No Cooldowns, no nothing, and most Spells can be cast while moving.


    As a long year Hunter Player I see this possibility, but maybe players of other Classes found other Specs with simple rotations. If so please do tell, for new Players and Altholics they are welcome.


    Sidenote: I really like the WoD customization and Class diversity changes as they allow people to play the style they want with Spec and Talent choice - many buttons or few however people like it.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-04-15 at 10:27 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  12. #132
    From notes and absolutely no testing experience, I can agree Hunter looks to be BY FAR the easiest DPS class to play in WoD at the moment. Even BM, the hardest of the specs to play, will be like 6 buttons at most. MM and SV will be 4-5 buttons.

    Right now, Hunters (especially SV), Ele Shaman, Destro Locks, Ass/Combat Rogues, Frost DKs, Frost Mages, and WW Monks are all quite easy to play at 95%. Some harder than others to maximize, but I don't think any of them are brain surgery.

  13. #133
    Shadow priest are by FAR the most faceroll spec. Get shadow priest snapshot addon and GG.

    -keep dots up
    - DP with 3 orbs
    -mind blast / SW;D
    -mindlfay

    GG
    Last edited by Imhere; 2014-04-16 at 02:06 AM.

  14. #134
    Arms warrior

  15. #135
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    What's the name of this ilvl 577 warrior of yours?
    Time to abandon thread ))

  16. #136
    Bloodsail Admiral Hugh Wattmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,048
    I find them all easy shaman seams to be the most easy.

    Interesting people bring up DK's I know loads of DK's who play frost and also say its easy but when i watch them play i soon find out that they are just under the illusion they are playing well. Nearly all don't game runes correctly and stuff and gimp there DPS because of this.

    Frost DK's are one of those specs that if you play bad you can still do ok DPS, to play them correctly with gaming runes can be tricky though.

    Stream PC: CPU: i7 4790k RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400Mhz GPU: GTX 750ti (EVGA SC) MB: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Connection: Down:78MB UP:20MB

  17. #137
    Coming from a person who mains a hunter I have to admit survival is pretty easy to play and play decently at. BM is slightly harder to play with but still... it's no where as complicated as say fury warriors or demo locks.

    For survival you can pretty much macro rapid fire into your core abilities (since it's uptime is crazy with the 2p and it becomes a bitch) spec into blink strikes and thrill of the hunt and only have 4-5 buttons on a single target fight (not counting stampede and serpent sting since you really only use those once or twice over the course of the entire fight). And our AoE is really only 2 buttons. Multi shot and level 90 talent. It's kind of hard to do shit dps as survival, with the T16 4p if feels like you're spamming explosive shot for half the fight.

    At least BM has a major CD to manage if you intend on doing decent dps. Having to keep track of BW and start pooling up focus so you can go the entire duration without having to cast cobra shot once and getting 2 kill commands in each BW along with making sure you have enough focus to cast kill command literally every 6 seconds adds some type of line where you can identify the meh BM hunters from the decent ones. As with survival most of your explosive shots are free so you literally just spam away without really having to pay as much attention to your focus bar.

    Can't speak for MM. It's been dead this expansion pve wise.

  18. #138
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ysera
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Elemental shaman and frost mage

    And those saying Arcane clearly haven't played the spec or know of its mastery and reliance on RoP.
    This. Both frost and arcane are really easy to play "well". but Arcane is really hard to play "perfect". Maybe the rotations/priorities are not really hard to learn, but its kinda problematic to execute everything during a raid. Frost is more accessible because you cast whatever shines, and those are instants so you can move freely. Oh and you dont need Rune of Power for frost.

    I mean, a frost mage CAN NOT mess up. There is no chance, unless you do it on purpose.
    Last edited by Sunblaze; 2014-04-18 at 12:41 AM.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunblaze View Post
    This. Both frost and arcane are really easy to play "well". but Arcane is really hard to play "perfect". Maybe the rotations/priorities are not really hard to learn, but its kinda problematic to execute everything during a raid. Frost is more accessible because you cast whatever shines, and those are instants so you can move freely. Oh and you dont need Rune of Power for frost.

    I mean, a frost mage CAN NOT mess up. There is no chance, unless you do it on purpose.
    The only thing you can mess up as frost is the thing that you can mess up with other two specs too. If you use alter time without watching your internal cooldowns for trinkets/jadespirit/cloack embroidery, you may end up losing literally HUNDREDS of thousands of DPS.

    This, however, is not a frost-only issue, as I already told.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

  20. #140
    everything is faceroll thanks to mists of pandaland to be honest ;-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •