Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    probably ele shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    All are easy if your goal is to top meters in LFR or some normal PUG, are all hard to play in the +95% range.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    While everbody is saying ele sham is faceroll ololol dps, it is indeed quite easy to play, but not too easy to play near maximum performance. There's a big difference between good shamans and bad shamans. When it is so faceroll to play, why arent ele's topping the meters everywhere...
    because of a thing called class balance (or more like class imbalance). some classes do more dps than others. An average played warlock will destroy a perfectly played ele shaman everytime.

doesnt mean the warlock rotation is harder, it just means warlocks are stronger than eles in current state of the game.

OT : ele shaman/frost mage get my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    I have a fury warrior as an alt who is ilvl 577 and I disagree to the part where more buttons = more complex. Realistically speaking when it comes to topping meters has a fury warrior the main thing you really need is good rng because they are one of the most rng reliant classes in the game along with fire mages hence why many stack so much crit to try to eliminate as much rng as they can but in reality it's impossible unless you have 100% crit.

I'm sorry but playing a high ilvl fury myself I do not see what is so "complex" about it. I've personally found it more difficult to play an MM hunter and frost mage than I have fury.
    What's the name of this ilvl 577 warrior of yours?

ITT: people speaking with authority on things they know nothing about.

I don't have 90 hunter/shaman/dk/rogue but from the others I've found all mage specs, destro locks, arms warr and retri pala to be fairly easy and demo lock the one I just couldn't fathom. Destro probably the easiest one.

After playing fire/frost/arcane/destro/aff/demo/ret/holy pal/prot pal/disc/shadow/ele/r sham/enhance/surv/bm/combat/sub/mut/r druid/ww monk if you answer with anything other than ele shaman I'll need an explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    From notes and absolutely no testing experience, I can agree Hunter looks to be BY FAR the easiest DPS class to play in WoD at the moment. Even BM, the hardest of the specs to play, will be like 6 buttons at most. MM and SV will be 4-5 buttons.

Right now, Hunters (especially SV), Ele Shaman, Destro Locks, Ass/Combat Rogues, Frost DKs, Frost Mages, and WW Monks are all quite easy to play at 95%. Some harder than others to maximize, but I don't think any of them are brain surgery.

Deleted
    Shadow priest are by FAR the most faceroll spec. Get shadow priest snapshot addon and GG.

-keep dots up
    - DP with 3 orbs
    -mind blast / SW;D
    -mindlfay

GG
    Last edited by mmoccb51eef74c; 2014-04-16 at 02:06 AM.

Deleted
    Arms warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    What's the name of this ilvl 577 warrior of yours?
    Time to abandon thread ))

I find them all easy shaman seams to be the most easy.

Interesting people bring up DK's I know loads of DK's who play frost and also say its easy but when i watch them play i soon find out that they are just under the illusion they are playing well. Nearly all don't game runes correctly and stuff and gimp there DPS because of this.

Frost DK's are one of those specs that if you play bad you can still do ok DPS, to play them correctly with gaming runes can be tricky though.

Coming from a person who mains a hunter I have to admit survival is pretty easy to play and play decently at. BM is slightly harder to play with but still... it's no where as complicated as say fury warriors or demo locks.

For survival you can pretty much macro rapid fire into your core abilities (since it's uptime is crazy with the 2p and it becomes a bitch) spec into blink strikes and thrill of the hunt and only have 4-5 buttons on a single target fight (not counting stampede and serpent sting since you really only use those once or twice over the course of the entire fight). And our AoE is really only 2 buttons. Multi shot and level 90 talent. It's kind of hard to do shit dps as survival, with the T16 4p if feels like you're spamming explosive shot for half the fight.

At least BM has a major CD to manage if you intend on doing decent dps. Having to keep track of BW and start pooling up focus so you can go the entire duration without having to cast cobra shot once and getting 2 kill commands in each BW along with making sure you have enough focus to cast kill command literally every 6 seconds adds some type of line where you can identify the meh BM hunters from the decent ones. As with survival most of your explosive shots are free so you literally just spam away without really having to pay as much attention to your focus bar.

Can't speak for MM. It's been dead this expansion pve wise.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Elemental shaman and frost mage

And those saying Arcane clearly haven't played the spec or know of its mastery and reliance on RoP.
    This. Both frost and arcane are really easy to play "well". but Arcane is really hard to play "perfect". Maybe the rotations/priorities are not really hard to learn, but its kinda problematic to execute everything during a raid. Frost is more accessible because you cast whatever shines, and those are instants so you can move freely. Oh and you dont need Rune of Power for frost.

I mean, a frost mage CAN NOT mess up. There is no chance, unless you do it on purpose.
    Last edited by Sunblaze; 2014-04-18 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunblaze View Post
    This. Both frost and arcane are really easy to play "well". but Arcane is really hard to play "perfect". Maybe the rotations/priorities are not really hard to learn, but its kinda problematic to execute everything during a raid. Frost is more accessible because you cast whatever shines, and those are instants so you can move freely. Oh and you dont need Rune of Power for frost.

I mean, a frost mage CAN NOT mess up. There is no chance, unless you do it on purpose.
    The only thing you can mess up as frost is the thing that you can mess up with other two specs too. If you use alter time without watching your internal cooldowns for trinkets/jadespirit/cloack embroidery, you may end up losing literally HUNDREDS of thousands of DPS.

This, however, is not a frost-only issue, as I already told.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    everything is faceroll thanks to mists of pandaland to be honest ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Others have mentioned it, but there is a difference, and often a significant one, between the skill floor and the skill ceiling. Some classes are easy to pick up (I personally believe they all should be), but difficult to actually master (again, I personally believe they all should be).

A Frost mage, Elemental shaman, Frost death knight or Arms warrior is probably the easiest spec to pick up. Out of those four, and considering what I've actually played, I'd say the ceiling for Elemental and Arms is pretty low which would, arguably, make them the easiest. We could argue that Fury warriors and Destruction warlocks are also easy because they are... On the face of it. But when you move into the top-level micromanagement that those specs require, they stop being so simple.

It's different strokes for different folks as well, though. I tend to play ranged classes pretty badly, whereas I'm really good at picking up melee classes; I'm sure many others are the opposite way round.

TLDR?

It depends, hoho.

Ret Paladin and 2h Frost DK. Arms warrior is pretty easy but not optimal.