Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    TIL everyone thinks every class is the easiest, and most faceroll.

The only classes that aren't faceroll are:
    WW Monk
    Feral Druid
    Affliction Warlocks
    Demo Warlocks
    Arcane mage?

Think that about covers everything.

Now the easiest I would have to say is from the following:
    Elemental Shaman
    Assassination rogue
    Frost DK
    Pretty much this. I'd say that Affli isn't on par with Demo/Feral/Arcane. Never played a monk, so can't comment on WW.
    I'd also say that at least in Cata, Subt was an extremely brutal spec with a very high price of any mistake. I've only played combat/assa in MoP though.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

WW Monk
    Feral Druid
    Affliction Warlocks
    Demo Warlocks
    Arcane mage?
    Affliction locks aren't difficult to play this expansion. Get some addons to help you snapshot correctly and that's really all to it, it's just watching timers and procs. Pandemic along with many other MoP lock modifications kind of took away any difficult aspects it might have had before MoP. Affdots and pandemic and other QoL make them pretty straight forward.

Sure they aren't "faceroll" like elemental shaman or a survival hunter but they aren't difficult to get the hang of. Definitely not anywhere as difficult as performing efficiently on a demo lock or feral druid. Arcane can be pretty tricky too at times. Never played a monk of any kind so I can't speak for WW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Arms warrior is pretty easy but not optimal.
    Depends on the fight. Arms is decent for galakaras, spoils and protectors (if you stack them up). But yeah I agree, pure single target wise is weak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Shadow priest are by FAR the most faceroll spec. Get shadow priest snapshot addon and GG.

-keep dots up
    - DP with 3 orbs
    -mind blast / SW;D
    -mindlfay

GG
    Agreed on single target fights. However, since spriest is in the toilet on those sort of fights you gotta perfect it to be even close to anybody else.

Try multidot 4-5 targets at same time without the dots falling off on anyone as well as watching the normal rotation and boss mechanics.

Out of the classes I have tried, I think the easiest have been Frost Mage, Destro lock and Surv Hunter, in that order.
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2014-04-18 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Being the #1 Boomkin on my server...LOL at the people claiming balance is easy. As someone stated, if you're doing 70% of your potential damage then yes..but if you want to play boomkin well I would say it is the 2nd hardest caster spec (behind demonology). You have to "balance" you nature's grace buff, when to use hurricane (during solar/natures grace preferably), refreshing eclipsed/uneclipsed dots, multi-dotting, managing starsurge procs, when to cast starfall depending on adds, etc. etc. Doing good AoE dmg as a boomkin is a lot harder than spamming chain lightning or multishot. And it's QUITE easy to screw up, and if you do..it will most definitely affect your dps. Comparing boomkin to specs like destro/ele/frost/hunter is just ludacris..they just spam whatever is the priority on their rotation, there is little micro-management, unlike the eclipse mechanic.

I tried to read this out loud and couldn't do it without laughing at least once !

"balancing" natures grace = switching eclipse states fast enough for it to have a constant uptime.
    Refreshing Dots is something everybody has to do ?
    When to use Hurricane ? I don't know anybody who is stupid enough to not know when to use his aoe spell ? Even if it has a buff threshold..
    Multi Dotting ? Srsly? Should i hand you a towel so you can wipe off all the sweat caused by having to dot more than one target ?
    "Managing Starsurge Proccs" = Pressing Starsurge when it Proccs , duh ?
    Starfall has a target hit limit, basically next to no dps increase if used with adds up. Use on cd / forget.

Oh my god , if you screw something up while doing Boomy aoe you will lose dps ??? How is that no other class loses dps when something is screwed up ? Totally unfair !

Boomy with good gear is so damn easy since the specc gets easier the more gear you acquire. I myself have a 570 twink boomy and even with this gear i can rely on getting a shooting stars procc every 2-4 secs.
    You gain mobility and an increasingly easier resource system with every point of crit rating you acquire, making boomy as braindead as any other specc in the game.
    The Threshold for boomies to have a benefit from snapshotting is so much bigger for boomies than for any other dot class which automatically makes it a smaller part of its skill cap.
    But good job promoting yourself, mission accomplished mr #1 boomy.
    Last edited by mmoc1f30b7d147; 2014-04-19 at 10:32 PM.

Feral druid; no really, hunters, everything about hunters is faceroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Lots of stuff; snip
    To be fair he only claimed that it was the second hardest ranged spec. That doesn't say a whole lot, does it?

Are hunters more difficult? Not really, just more buttons.
    Shadow priest? Essentially the same just with "chi" in stead of the unique eclipse bar and without the rotation altering cooldowns.
    Mages? Arcane is debateable but the rest - definitely not.
    Shaman? No.
    Warlocks? Demo probably.

10+ Year Old Account

WW Monk
    Wait, what? WW monk is extremely easy. The skill floor is ridiculously low, and the skill ceiling, while not as low as other specs, is still fairly low. The only "difficult" things about WW are managing FoF and Tigereye Brew, neither of which is rocket science. Feral, Demo, and Arcane are way more difficult to play perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I think you guys are misunderstanding what faceroll means. I don't consider locks to be faceroll since they're hard to play at skill cap.
    Wat? Sorry, I love warlocks and have 3 of them and they are one of the easiest classes out of what I play. I have a Ret Pally, Feral Druid, Ele Shaman and Frost DK and I can do some fights in Normal SoO with one hand pretty much AND do them properly. Hardest is Feral by far and the rest are pretty easy with Ele Shaman and Lock being the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Wait, what? WW monk is extremely easy. The skill floor is ridiculously low, and the skill ceiling, while not as low as other specs, is still fairly low. The only "difficult" things about WW are managing FoF and Tigereye Brew, neither of which is rocket science. Feral, Demo, and Arcane are way more difficult to play perfectly.
    WW monk is easy but i wouldn't say 'extremely' easy. There is still energy and chi management. Not capping or letting them go to waste.

well spriest is easy but there's no damage so no it's not spriest imo. hunter has a lot of cds and buttons but is generally easy but i think mage and lock cause even if you don't have it down pat you still do lots of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I think you guys are misunderstanding what faceroll means. I don't consider locks to be faceroll since they're hard to play at skill cap.

Easiest skill cap would likely be frost mage or Shadow Priest since they don't really have any particular raid cooldowns and their rotations are very simple. Alter time may complicate things, but AT on frost mages are 100 times simpler than fire at least.

Elemental shamans are pretty easy aswell, but they have a lot more micro management than spriests and fmages.

Sure, Arcane mages are easy to play at 95%, but those last 5% are a lot harder with Arcane mages than priests/frost mages/ele shamans due to the way mastery works now.

Hunters have way too many useful abilities that you need to know how to use properly for them to be faceroll. If you only count the damage part, then yes, Survival/MM hunters are probably among the top 10 easiest specs to play.
    Why do you have to come in here with logic and explanations? Just point a finger at the guy you think is out-DPSing you while doing less work like everyone else, jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK! Spam them Oblits and profit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    mage

10 char
    so true mages are the most faceroll

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

shamans come second

WW Monk
    Wut. Hit RSK on CD, BoK when you can't RSK, hit TeB if you have trinket procs up or are about to cap.

WW is probably one of the lowest skill caps for a dps spec because it's entirely reliant on getting decent RNG with trinkets since your on pull damage is awful compared to every other dps spec in the game. Get procs? Hit TeB. There's no thought process to WW because the only skill that requires thought for WW is FoF, which you can't even use 99% of the time.

So many more difficult specs in the game. At least other specs have to worry about wasting their CDs due to lack of procs. TeB is already up for such a huge chunk of the fight that you never really "waste" it.

I used my boost to 90 on a Warlock thinking that would be a fun class...nooope, such a faceroll.

Hardest PVE class: Feral Druid
    Easiest PVE class: Destro Lock

Destro lock rotation is so retardedly simple, and you can do it completely wrong and still pull decent numbers.

Feral druid on the other hand has 2 dots and 1 buff to maintain while focusing on energy management.

All the classes are relatively easy. The difficulty in WoW has always been group coordination and micromanagement.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are varying degrees of difficulty in a single spec. some people are happy with playing average and thinking wow this class is so easy.

a classic example of this would be arcane after the addition of mastery.

i think the minimum requirements you should hold to yourself before judging a (dps) spec is to at least play around in a raid environment to try and get in some solid efficiency with your level of play and see how easy it is for you to get within 5-10% of your potential damage.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2014-04-20 at 10:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    a classic example of this would be arcane after the addition of mastery.
    I agree with your post, besides this tiny nitpick. Mastery was introduced in cataclysm and arcane definitely did NOT have a high skill cap there. That spec was truly faceroll.