Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Does the game have a FREE TRIAL?

Is there something like free trial for first x levels?

Deleted
    No, and I don't think that would necessary. Never before I've seen a game sell for this cheap :')

Deleted
    aaah nvm then. I'm not 100% sure about the game so I guess I'm going to pass on this one.

Deleted
    Really? I bought the license for 22 euro. I can't even go out and lunch with that tiny bit of money :'D Once you bought it, it's yours forever. But well, it's your choice in the end.

Deleted
    I don't know how about you, but I am not used to buying items that I am not 100% sure of or without being able to test them first. Doesn't matter whether it is $5k watch, $50k car or $20 game. Throwing away money on possibly useless junk isn't my style.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been 2 free weekend trials since the game launched, one in November last year and one this year in April. When asked in a interview last week, Colin stated they were open to the idea of another trial but gave no idea when.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the messiah of MMO's that some people may lead you to believe but at the very least, well worth the money.

Sometimes you gotta take a leap. Watch videos, research the game, a trial shouldn't be needed if you like its features.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    No, and I don't think that would necessary. Never before I've seen a game sell for this cheap :')
    Except for free to play games ofc, tbh I rarely base my mmo purchase on the cost, especially with so many F2P games out there. There are plenty of cheaper games.
    There will eventually be another trial, just wait if you're not sure, its not one of those games you really need to dive in to to avoid missing stuff, although anet do love one time only content.

i am newbies,thank for the infomation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Something is in the works" posted on twitter a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...45726875439105
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdww99 View Post
    i am newbies,thank for the infomation.
    Banned after 7 posts..well its looking like another trial is on the way.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Except for free to play games ofc, tbh I rarely base my mmo purchase on the cost, especially with so many F2P games out there. There are plenty of cheaper games.
    There will eventually be another trial, just wait if you're not sure, its not one of those games you really need to dive in to to avoid missing stuff, although anet do love one time only content.
    pro tip: ftp often means buy to really play. And when it doesn't, it's still usually overwhelmingly in your best interest to buy shit if it's not straight out pay to win.
    When you buy GW2, you own it, and since there is no sub, you are free to play and not play as you see fit. Even if it falls into the 'something different to play when i need a wow break/when servers are down ect, it's well worth it. I do not regret my purchase.
    I haven't noticed any bots, though i have seen gold selling ads, so I imagine there are some, but LOTS less then wow.
    Anyhow, yah it has some similarities and some differences to wow, but overall I'd give it 8/10 on the bigbamboozal rise-a-meter, usually dedicated system for woman's hotness index, however, I will use it here to give you an idea.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    pro tip: ftp often means buy to really play. And when it doesn't, it's still usually overwhelmingly in your best interest to buy shit if it's not straight out pay to win.
    ITs also in your best interest to buy shit in GW2.

I haven't noticed any bots, though i have seen gold selling ads, so I imagine there are some, but LOTS less then wow.
    Basing it on wow is weird seeing as wow has no way to buy gold except outside and has a larger playerbase, but this is ofc true.

Your bamboozle meter seems okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    For F2P, it really depends on the type of player. My daughters mess around with a couple of F2P games and the only limitation that they run into is the number of character slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    ITs also in your best interest to buy shit in GW2.
    It's not neccessary in GW2 which I like. I am not sure about F2P games but the couple of F2P games that I looked at both had 2 character slots and there was glaring limitations for even average play. The money store was also seriously in your face.

The gem store in GW2 was a bit too much "in your face" but that seems to have calmed down a bit the last month or so. I actually like the items that they are selling now (e.g. Kites).

From my experience, I prefer B2P. I would be much happier if GW2 was more focussed on a pay for expansion than incremental updates and the gem store. The incremental updates scream "X cosmetic, get it while its on the store" and that gets pushed a bit too much. The last couple of updates was much better though. I didn't feel like I was being ushered into the gem store at every opportunity and the content was worthwhile and a lot of fun. Still not happy that it's temp content, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    I don't know how about you, but I am not used to buying items that I am not 100% sure of or without being able to test them first. Doesn't matter whether it is $5k watch, $50k car or $20 game. Throwing away money on possibly useless junk isn't my style.
    well then good luck in this world. because sure you can look at your new watch. but your not allowed to take him home and test of for a weekend.
    and if you buy a bread are you allow to "test/taste" it first? and if you really want to try it. there other ways to try it. just not the most legal way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Really? I bought the license for 22 euro. I can't even go out and lunch with that tiny bit of money :'D Once you bought it, it's yours forever. But well, it's your choice in the end.
    Never seen it go so low. Where did you get it from?

Deleted
    Probably a second-hand account of some sort. In my country, the lowest of the lowest I've seen is 35 euros for the retail copy of the game.
    It's quite a shame they don't offer 10-20 levels of free trial. Not all of us like spending money on something that might not worth it.
    I have this urge to play Gw2 right now, but I remember participating in the beta weekend once and I could not resist playing the game more than 10 minutes.

And imho @ ppl saying 40 euros is nothing. That's the food for 1-1.5 weeks for me or gym membership for 2 months so....go figure.

food for 40 euros for 1.5weeks? I take it you live in eastern europe, spain or greece?

10+ Year Old Account
    no nothing has free trials or demo's anymore :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    food for 40 euros for 1.5weeks? I take it you live in eastern europe, spain or greece?
    Well 1 week, lets not stretch it.
    But on a whole other topic : what the hell is wrong with your geography?