Wish i never read this about mages...(living bomb)

So i was just browsing the wow class forums and came across the fact that living bomb benefits from shatter for the whole duration if you apply it to a frozen target, this has completely changed how i play frost in pvp and i hate it!

Now instead of doing a frostbolt>pet nova>ice lance i do a living bomb instead of a ice lance cause it just wastes your fingers of frost proc, and you get a massively buffed living bomb out of the deal, with FoF procs to follow it up with.

Problem is that it just feels weird and awkward, i now find myself waiting to nova to apply living bomb, it just messed with my head and i wish i never read the info about shatter and living bomb!

Think im gonna go nether tempest just to get my head straight lol/

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, just tested nether tempest on the dummy and it works the same as living bomb lol : (\

I mean i guess its cool that these dots act this way, but dam i wish i never read it lol.

Deleted
    Dont worry, 5.4 is coming! ;D

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that feel bro :/
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-08-10 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Removed meme before I get infracted enough time for few to see :)

Shatter will remain as it is, but of course if you are Frost spec, you no longer get Frostburn in 5.4. This is essentially why Blizzard gas buffed the bombs a bit in PvP on the PTR. Arcane mages at full mana do the highest damage shatters on most spells in 5.4. Bit odd if you ask me.

Deleted
    Wait, so you rather prefer using a FoF charge on an already frozen target? i dont.. i dont get it.

This won't go away in 5.4 as Shatter is unchanged, but it doesn't need to. Nice mechanic if you ask me.

Hm never knew about this either. Sounds fun as well !

I feel your pain, OP. DoT snapshotting is one of the most irritating things about WoW class design. Which ones do, which ones don't, which effects apply, whether it's worth overwriting the existing DoT(s)... it's all some kind of arbitrary voodoo chicanery! And sadly Mage bombs' interaction with Shatter is among the least egregious examples. At least Mages don't have to run addons to make sense of this "feature" like Aff, Demo and Unholy.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"