Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've only spent about 40% of the free Credits Trion gave me for various reasons. I've only bought extra bag slots, +80% Rep vials for my Torvan/Lycini grind on Day 1 and 2 or 3 Rune Unsocketers. I've no intention of spending any of my Credits or money on fluff pieces.

I bought 2 mounts, 1 for my main and 1 for my alt. I bought a synergy crystal for a spec I hardly use, but wanted to have just in case. The rest of I have used on Soul Walks. I have not purchased any credits though, these were just the ones I had when I came back.

I have definitely bought items from the in-game store. I get the 30 day Patron pass for the experience/notoriety/token bonus and I have purchased some mounts, including the totally awesome Emerald Ki Rin. Other than that I have bought a dimension and I use credits to purchase some extra specs because it just works out cheaper with credits once you have a few already.

Honestly no, still annoyed I was one of the many suckers that paid for 1 year sub with SL and still have several months left and no new 20man raid content to play, will be 1 year after last 20man was released at this rate, very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Honestly no, still annoyed I was one of the many suckers that paid for 1 year sub with SL and still have several months left and no new 20man raid content to play, will be 1 year after last 20man was released at this rate, very disappointed.
    You did get $50 worth of credits for the yearlong sub (meaning you basically paid $30 for a yearlong sub + Storm Legion), plus the credits/loyalty for the time purchased in it and for any subscription time before it.

Deleted
    Bought a mount and one recipe so far. Would love a wardrobe set but trying to get it in-game first. Is so tempting just to spend credits

I bought the SL souls, l60 mount (I'm really bad at making money in any game and 1k pp seemed like unreachable goal) and with the leftover credits I got the soul walk cd reset every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I bought the SL souls, l60 mount (I'm really bad at making money in any game and 1k pp seemed like unreachable goal) and with the leftover credits I got the soul walk cd reset every now and then
    Just get the mining, butchering, and flower-picking professions on the main character you play and you'll have enough to sell as long as you stop and gather while you're leveling / daily questing to see at least a steady income. I'm at 1.1k pp on my account and I've been playing mainly on a character with mining and butchering professions trained.

Quote Originally Posted by DerRot View Post
    Just get the mining, butchering, and flower-picking professions on the main character you play and you'll have enough to sell as long as you stop and gather while you're leveling / daily questing to see at least a steady income. I'm at 1.1k pp on my account and I've been playing mainly on a character with mining and butchering professions trained.
    I'm butchering + outfitter + runecraft
    Outfitter counts almost as a gathering proff as well since you get improved cloth drops and runecrafting just ate some pp during leveling it.
    Now I have almost 3k with another ~1k spent on gear (empyreal coruscation set me down like 400pp just on vendor mats), so my original estimate on money gathering was slightly off, but still, I don't regret spending the cash on getting the mount.

Deleted
    I gave this game a try 2 weeks ago since its F2P and I am absolutely loving it, so I decided to support Trion for making such awesome game and spent 60 Euros to buy credits, which is around the average price of a new AAA game here in my country.

For these credits I've bought so far: Storm Legion souls, extra bag slot, extra crafting slot, Nebula mount, the best Sigil, and the lvl 40 cleric gear, because it looks absolutely gorgeous on my female High Elf, and was a huge stats upgrade as well.

Still got credits left, I promised my best friend I'll buy him a mount if he levels to 60 with me

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    If you do, what do you spend your RL money/credits on?

I've bought from it before and am considering doing so again. I am aware that THE best stuff is not available in store at all, no worries there. I'm just curious if anyone else would buy from it to get to 60 and get the best gear they can from the store?
    Panda mount. Not only did it boost all my mounts speed... It's probably the best joke rifts added to their game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I thought I would have spent a lot of money as it is a good model and a great cash shop, but I haven't even used the coins I got from my previous subscription prior to the conversion and haven't logged on since a week before my subscription ran out on the 11th.

If I came back to the game, the first thing I would buy would be a snazzy new outfit and profession extensions out the wazoo.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought all profession slots, white tiger, black panther, devouring mount, couple of REX, given a couple of REX as gifts, couple of pets. Been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be honest I thought I would have spent a lot of money as it is a good model and a great cash shop, but I haven't even used the coins I got from my previous subscription prior to the conversion and haven't logged on since a week before my subscription ran out on the 11th.

If I came back to the game, the first thing I would buy would be a snazzy new outfit and profession extensions out the wazoo.
    Profession extension would be nice, if I could also transfer my alts already leveled professions to my main. Don't want to level them all over again just to have them all on one char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Profession extension would be nice, if I could also transfer my alts already leveled professions to my main. Don't want to level them all over again just to have them all on one char.
    Yeah once you have the alts it's not really worth it, but Rift has always felt like a game that heavily leaned towards playing one character only. I just like having different looking characters with different names, so I've always liked alts. I never got one out of the teens in Rift though, as it was more fun to create them and run around the starting zones than to actually level all over again.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Don't think buying anything from the in game store is a good idea, and if you NEED to buy something to play the game then it's not a good game to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenomilo View Post
    Don't think buying anything from the in game store is a good idea, and if you NEED to buy something to play the game then it's not a good game to begin with.
    There is nothing you NEED to buy from the store. However, it is always a good idea to support the game you play if you like it, how else are they gonna make money and produce more content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    There is nothing you NEED to buy from the store. However, it is always a good idea to support the game you play if you like it, how else are they gonna make money and produce more content?
    you know, if you say this comment to other players who try to take the raiding side at least seriously, the ones that started and only play through FTP, they actually have no care in this matter yet they talk all min maxing over raiding in rift, im still subbed to rift and this is coming from a wow fanboy apparently (dont consider my self one, but its the response i get everytime i make a other side comment in debates) ;/, oh ive bought the 150% mount at the least to make farming easier, i hate the rocketing in the sky from a damn step...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    you know, if you say this comment to other players who try to take the raiding side at least seriously, the ones that started and only play through FTP, they actually have no care in this matter yet they talk all min maxing over raiding in rift, im still subbed to rift and this is coming from a wow fanboy apparently (dont consider my self one, but its the response i get everytime i make a other side comment in debates) ;/, oh ive bought the 150% mount at the least to make farming easier, i hate the rocketing in the sky from a damn step...
    Umm...what? I don't know whether to disagree with you or not, because I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not sure what the cash shop has to do with min maxing, don't know if you're disagreeing with him...like..idk.

Cash shop in Rift is 100% not anything you need to play the game, even at the highest level. Profession extensions can help you make plat, but so can having alts.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    basically, you have people who are playing due it being FTP, and now take the game seriously through its end game at the least and take min maxing seriously, so the impression from that is they really like the game, but they wouldnt pay a single penny for the game through sub or the cash shop and would instantly quit if trion would reintroduce the sub, had this case in point with a guild member of this exact situation, i can imagine theres more like this, they couldnt care to support trion basically

- - - Updated - - -

should add, as its FTP, they dont have to part with real money, but be nice to support the company though, thats all