I'm getting a new computer...

Im getting a new computer and I need to know if this will last for a long time, if i need to change anything to it to run better and stuff like that, btw its from ironside computers

Case - Cooler Master Storm Stryker (Full Tower) [Level 2 Iron Tundra Ready]
    Custom Airbrush Logos & Emblems - World of Warcraft Horde Emblem
    Custom Airbrushed Gamertags - World Of Warcraft Font
    Desired Gamertag/Phrase & Color - NEXUS / red
    Additional Case Fans - 3 x 120mm Blue LED Cooler Master Sickleflow High Performance Fans
    Internal Lighting - NZXT Hue - Color Changing LED Strip
    Intel Processor - [Overclockable] Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo Boost (Quad Core)
    CPU Cooling - Level 2 Iron Tundra Liquid Cooling [240mm Radiator]
    PC Liquid Coolant - ELECTRIC BLUE UV (1 quart 1000mL)
    Liquid Cooling Tubing Color - UV Blue
    Kink Coils - None
    Intel Motherboard - [x-fire, SLI] ASUS Maximus V Formula [Graphics Card Req.] SATA 6Gb/s USB3 {4 DDR3 Slots}
    Overclocking Processor - Overclock Processor to Max Speed up to 70%
    Overclock Protection Warranty - Intel Performance Tuning Protection
    Overclocking Graphics Card - Overclock 2 x Graphics Card to Max Speed
    Memory - 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
    Memory Cooling - Dual Blue Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler
    Primary Hard Drive - 4TB 7200 RPM
    Hard Drive Cooling - Hard Drive Cooling Fan Aluminum Internal
    Secondary Hard Drive - 4TB 7200 RPM
    Secondary Hard Drive Cooling - Fan-Less Aluminum Silent Hard Drive Cooler with Heatpipes
    1st Optical Drive - Blu-Ray Writer / DVD Writer
    2nd Optical Drive - None
    Graphics Card - EVGA GTX Titan 6GB SuperClocked (Min. 650 Watt Power Supply)
    Liquid Cool Graphics Card - Liquid Cool Graphics Card (Requires Level 1 Cold Steel CPU Cooling)
    [SLI / X-fire] Second Video Card - [SLI] Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan 6GB (Min. 850 Watt Power Supply)
    [SLI / X-fire] Liquid Cool Graphics card - Liquid Cool Graphics Card (Requires Level 2 Iron Tundra CPU Cooling)
    [3-way SLI / X-fire] Third Graphics Card - [3-way SLI] Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 4GB (Min. 1050 Watt Power Supply)
    [3-Way SLI / X-fire] Liquid Cool Graphics Card - Liquid Cool Graphics Card (Requires Level 2 Iron Tundra CPU Cooling)
    Power Supply - [Modular] SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W 80 Plus Silver
    Operating System - Windows 8 64 Bit
    Networking - Internal Wireless N 300Mbps
    Fan Controller - None
    Media Card Readers - All-in-one Card Reader
    Sound Card - ASUS Xonar Phoebus 7.1 Gaming Soundcard
    PC Games - Battlefield 3
    Office Software - None
    Antivirus Software - None
    Monitor - SAMSUNG 27" 1920 x 1080 Full HD LCD Monitor
    Second Monitor - None
    Mouse - Razer Naga 2012
    Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard
    Speakers & Headsets - Logitech Z506 5.1 Speaker System w/ Subwoofer
    Packaging - [FREE] Advanced Packaging System - Custom foam to protect and secure internal components from shipping abuse
    Wiring - Advanced Pro Wiring - Individually Sleeved Cables (Blue)
    Technical Support - Life-time U.S. based technical support and customer service by our own in-house technicians
    Rush Service - [Rush] Shipped Out in 1 - 5 Business Days
    Video Demonstration - Video Demonstration & Overview of your Computer
    Warranty - Standard 3 Years Parts and 3 Years Labor

Such an overkill rig, it's up to you but the one thing you're REALLY missing is an SSD, with the amount of money you're spending I suggest getting a Samsung 840 EVO/Pro. Normally I would suggest 840 EVO 256GB but with that cash you might as well get a 512GB Pro or 1TB EVO.

Also why Ivy Bridge CPU? Get Haswell i7 4770k

Edit: Also, personal preference, I don't like 1080p on a 27"+ monitor. A 1440p IPS display would look much nicer, something like an Asus PB278Q, and if you still have leftovers you can never go wrong with dual monitors.

Edit 2: Wait I just noticed, do you have 2 Titans and a 680? You can't sli different cards, you have 1 superclocked from EVGA and 1 Reference? 1 should be enough for anything but if you want just get 2 identical cards(The EVGA superclocked), discarding the 680 for an SSD and a 1440p monitor or 2.
    Last edited by Aswed; 2013-08-11 at 08:27 AM.

Thread moved to subforum

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a "Back to the drawing board" system. Is it ... good? I suppose. Is it remotely worth what it costs? It's honestly difficult to say simply 'no' without laughing.

I would suggest filling out the Build Sticky and we can help you put together a good, cost effective system for your needs and budget.

I also would highly recommend buying from Ironside Computers. I've heard way too many complaints and scam reports regarding them lately.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-08-11 at 08:32 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is a "Back to the drawing board" system. Is it ... good? I suppose. Is it remotely worth what it costs? It's honestly difficult to say simply 'no' without laughing.

I also would highly recommend buying from Ironside Computers. I've heard way too many complaints and scam reports regarding them lately.
    Hi, I tried sending you a pm but I can't because I just joined today and cannot send out PMs until I have ten posts. Just wondering where you are finding all these complaints and scam reports on Ironside. I can't find any thing wrong with them in my research except for one person with a problem with their build. I did a lot of research and I ruled out Ibuypower, and Cyberpower along with a few others because of massive amounts of complaints.
    Can you provide any links to the complaints and scam reports?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was actually a combination of things (Keep in mind, this thread is four months old). There had been a number of complaints about them recently from several sites, people having issues getting service or damaged parts. That, paired with their laughable prices, was a reason to avoid them. Even if they're legit, their prices are absurd, even for pre-built.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

If you are still looking for a build and are willing to spend that much, I would wait for the next generation of hardware.
    edit: I would also recommend buying a different monitor as with 2 titans you might as well go with 2 1440p monitors.
    Last edited by Tobywongg; 2014-01-03 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny system
    Made my day ^_^
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It was actually a combination of things (Keep in mind, this thread is four months old). There had been a number of complaints about them recently from several sites, people having issues getting service or damaged parts. That, paired with their laughable prices, was a reason to avoid them. Even if they're legit, their prices are absurd, even for pre-built.
    I priced out Ibuypower, Cyberpower, OriginPC ( the highest by far ) and cybertronpc and Ironside was the lowest pricing. When I priced all the items out from newegg with shipping I would have paid about $300 less if I built it myself and had to deal with separate warranties on each piece. There is not one complaint on this site and in my research on other sites I did not find a single complaint going back to 2011. As stated I found one complaint from a customer who had issues with hardware not screwed in and a wired not ran. I have no clue where your finding all these complaints you speak of. Can you link me to the complaints or tell me what sites they were on? I ordered the computer from them and I can cancel but I have to do it quickly!
    Last edited by chazus; 2014-01-03 at 05:31 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend checking the computer builds that are posted on MMO Champ regularly.

Latest one is in this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Veins-Contest

This list of features looks like you just checked off the most expensive item available in each category?
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-01-03 at 05:19 PM. Reason: oops... necro thread... nevermind, he probably bought it already!

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, this thread is nearly half a year old. Things may have changed since then. Usually if a company starts getting bad PR, they take steps to clean it up, which may be the case.

If you want to verify if a build you got from them is worth it, I suggest making a new post regarding it. I can try and verify their validity some more with current info.

In the meantime I'm going to close this thread as it's both old and some info may not be valid/useful anymore.