Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

So Blizzard is not a fan of more playable neutral races

Blue tweet:

How do you feel having Pandaren shared between both factions has worked out? Would you do the same if new races were added?

Not a fan of it overall. We just didn't want to deny anyone Pandaren. (Source)

So there's go my theory that Nagas would be the next neutral race. I mean, the Pandaren Brewmaster was a neutral hero, thus why its race became a neutral race as well in wow. So I assumed that since the Naga Sea Witch was a neutral hero, it made sense that Nagas would be eventually a playable neutral race as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga could still be alliance/horde race, even though thats very unlikely.
    They just don't want both races to have 1 same race. (Just like Pandarians)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the focus should turn to the races we currently have. People have been complaining for years about how X race has gotten little development while Y race had the spotlight for to long.

Also, new race models please

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I think the focus should turn to the races we currently have. People have been complaining for years about how X race has gotten little development while Y race had the spotlight for to long.

Also, new race models please
    Touche, but the Horde requires the might of the OGRES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Ogres for horde, High Elfs for Alliance.

I'm not a fan of it either, but I don't mind the concept. I'm actually glad that I can atleast play a Horde pandaren, since the pandaren were originally going to be the new Alliance race in TBC. Would've been weird if the pandaren were Alliance only.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly fine with no more neutral races if they decide to go that route. It was a neat experiment that I'm glad they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ogres for horde, High Elfs for Alliance.

NO NO NO NO NO. Ungh.. this makes my head hurt.

High elves as a subrace type of thing, MAYBE, but not a "brand new race" kind of deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. The worst thing about coming across an opposite faction panderan is the slight delay you take when trying to determine the faction, which can sometimes be costly in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO. Ungh.. this makes my head hurt.

High elves as a subrace type of thing, MAYBE, but not a "brand new race" kind of deal.
    THE HIGH ELFS ARE ENOUGH TO PLEASE THE ALLIANCE!

You horde can have Ogres, because horde likes to role in dirt x)

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Ghostcrawler doesn't like it, not blizzard.
    He isn't some kind of totalitarian king that rules Blizzard in all matters >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Good. The worst thing about coming across an opposite faction panderan is the slight delay you take when trying to determine the faction, which can sometimes be costly in PvP.
    PvP? Just follow the simple mantra of 'Red is dead' or if you're an alliance; 'If it's not grey, run away'. JK

For the record, the question was how do YOU (in this context, Ghostcrawler) feel about it.

He say nothing about Blizzard itself having an actual stance. He also completely ignored the part of the question about it potentially happening again.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I think the Pandaren neutral race went bad because of the story. The way they just split up etc. I had a idea for MoP before it came out that Pandaren should be a race that was in a civil war. The triplets of the last Pandaren emperor fighting for the throne. One is a member of the Horde, The other is allied with the Alliance and the last befriended The Zandalari Trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    there are many alliance friendly ogres too. i also always saw them as more ally friendly than horde whenever you look at any encounters or quests with them from each side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Horde Blood Elves would feel great about High Elves with their superior animation and skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Iciya View Post
    I think the Pandaren neutral race went bad because of the story. The way they just split up etc. I had a idea for MoP before it came out that Pandaren should be a race that was in a civil war. The triplets of the last Pandaren emperor fighting for the throne. One is a member of the Horde, The other is allied with the Alliance and the last befriended The Zandalari Trolls.
    The trouble with that is the last Pandaren Emperor died 10,000 years ago (or disappeared) when he merged with the land to hide Pandaria from the Sundering. Pandaren don't live long past 100 usually.

Shaohao "lived" so long because he was Pandaria, more specifically the mists, but he is little more than a spirit nowadays anyway (as seen in the quest and the Timeless Isle).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm sure Horde Blood Elves would feel great about High Elves with their superior animation and skeleton.
    Blood Elves would get the same treatment as the High Elves. For all intent and purposes, they are still the same race (10 years is not long enough for them to deviate from each other enough). Blood elves simply have slightly darker skin and green eyes, high elves have lighter skin and blue eyes. That's the only physical difference between them, which is why they won't ever be a viable choice for a new race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    THE HIGH ELFS ARE ENOUGH TO PLEASE THE ALLIANCE!

You horde can have Ogres, because horde likes to role in dirt x)

They aren't enough to please me, and I'm Alliance. :P

The day Blizzard advertises recolored blood elves as a new race is the day I will declare Blizzard as insa--..

Maybe not. Apparently, some of the fans would gladly swallow that. They'd even be happy. "High elves and their endless diversity! Their culture totally hasn't been absorbed by their human bootlicking!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Blood Elves would get the same treatment as the High Elves. For all intent and purposes, they are still the same race (10 years is not long enough for them to deviate from each other enough). Blood elves simply have slightly darker skin and green eyes, high elves have lighter skin and blue eyes. That's the only physical difference between them, which is why they won't ever be a viable choice for a new race.
    And what about the Draenei? Do they get stuck with that same shitty model they've had since 2007?

Honestly the game would be better served by updating the old models, not introducing MORE races that no one will care about 6 months later.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more neutral playable races.

Naga would go Horde.