Unhappy Euro Truck Simulator 2

Hello everyone,

I've been playing this game since the past month, and I'm really enjoying it. I play it casually and I reached level 23. Yesterday, I got myself a new PC and had to format the old one since my friend will be using it. I downloaded Steam on the new PC since I bought it from them, installed the game, only to find out that my level 23 profile is no longer there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the profile supposed to be saved on a cloud, not on the computer's drive? If so, is there a way I can restore that profile, or should I just forget about it and play the game with a new one? In FarCry 3, my progress wasn't lost when I re-installed it on the new PC, so that means the progress is stored on a cloud or something.

Note to mod(s): Apologies in case this is the incorrect forum section to post in. If so, kindly move the thread to the computer section. Thank you.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've been playing this game since the past month, and I'm really enjoying it. I play it casually and I reached level 23. Yesterday, I got myself a new PC and had to format the old one since my friend will be using it. I downloaded Steam on the new PC since I bought it from them, installed the game, only to find out that my level 23 profile is no longer there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the profile supposed to be saved on a cloud, not on the computer's drive? If so, is there a way I can restore that profile, or should I just forget about it and play the game with a new one? In FarCry 3, my progress wasn't lost when I re-installed it on the new PC, so that means the progress is stored on a cloud or something.

Note to mod(s): Apologies in case this is the incorrect forum section to post in. If so, kindly move the thread to the computer section. Thank you.
    Casually to 23 in a month? I must be doing something wrong then...

Now, to your problem. It depends on the game. I'm not 100% sure on the steam set up but if the game is writing to the HDD and not telling Steam than there is likely no saving to the cloud. Steam might offer the service but if they don't take advantage of it then there's nothing that they can do to enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Casually to 23 in a month? I must be doing something wrong then...
    Why is that? Is it considered too fast? My wife used to also play it before I got her a new PC.

Edit: Screw that profile, man! I just found out you can download other people's profiles! I just downloaded one that is level 30 and has 3M euros! I'm so gonna enjoy this!!
    Last edited by Static; 2013-08-12 at 02:59 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is that? Is it considered too fast? My wife used to also play it before I got her a new PC.

Edit: Screw that profile, man! I just found out you can download other people's profiles! I just downloaded one that is level 30 and has 3M euros! I'm so gonna enjoy this!!
    I just found that I'm going way slower than that. Of course, I ignore the speed limits and crash every other job (only a few percent though). I've still put in like 15-20 hours on it I think and i'm only level 11.

I personally don't see the point in stealing other people's profiles. The fun in that game is leveling up on my own!

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    I just found that I'm going way slower than that. Of course, I ignore the speed limits and crash every other job (only a few percent though). I've still put in like 15-20 hours on it I think and i'm only level 11.

I personally don't see the point in stealing other people's profiles. The fun in that game is leveling up on my own!
    I agree, actually. Leveling on your own is much more fun, but since my level 23 profile is gone, I might as well have another one and see what things look like on level 30.

By the way don't you hate it when other cars are moving so slow and there's no way to get passed them in some situations?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, actually. Leveling on your own is much more fun, but since my level 23 profile is gone, I might as well have another one and see what things look like on level 30.

By the way don't you hate it when other cars are moving so slow and there's no way to get passed them in some situations?
    This is the part of the game that turns me into a madman. I just say f it and ram them all so hard until I tip over or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    This is the part of the game that turns me into a madman. I just say f it and ram them all so hard until I tip over or something.
    That's hilarious! I do the exact same thing.

Wonder what happens if you ignore the driver's "sleep meter". Have you tried it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's hilarious! I do the exact same thing.

Wonder what happens if you ignore the driver's "sleep meter". Have you tried it?
    Nope. Good question though! I might try it out tonight.

When you ignore the sleep meter you slowly start falling asleep. First you start by yawning which dims your vision. Then you start dozing off, the whole screen goes black and you lose control. These blackouts get longer and longer.