Deleted

Going to start heroics soon, need advice on which bosses to try.

We're one of the seemingly rare normal mode guilds raiding 2 times a week for about 3-4 hours, and have finally killed lei shen a few weeks ago.

We've got 13-14 people if everyone's there, do our share of carrying a few weaker players, but wouldn't mind sitting them out for further progression (bring back on farm bosses ofc)

Obvious first candidate would be jinrokh, and we already managed to get him to thunderstorm a few times the one evening we tried.
    Next wednesday will be our next attempts, and i'm giong to try bringing our 6 best dps and 2 healers to see if we can get away with 1 storm - 5 dps 3 healers if not.

But i have absolutely no clue where to go next.

Thinking as i'm a brewmaster monk, would tortos be a good idea?
    I'm fairly confident i could manage to do the kiting, especially when i get a little help from our hunter misdirecting new waves.
    How's the DPS/HPS check on heroic tortos with kiting bats, and how much more mechanics would we have to handle?
    2 heal or 3 heal?
    (our healers beeing resto druid, shaman, holy priest with druid beeing the weekest player in my opinion)

Any other bosses that could be manageable with average skill and normal mode gear?

Deleted
    After Jin'Rohk we went for Ji-Kun who was fairly straightforward. Next up is either Horridon or Qon for us.
    All the best of luck pal.

Ji-kun is pretty easy. We went for Horridon after that and then Qon. I find the simplest way to figure out the easiest progression is to go to http://www.wowprogress.com/ and look at the number of kills registered, gives a nice indication of ease of bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there,

We progressed in the following order:

Jin'rokh
    Ji-Kun
    Horridon
    Iron Qon
    Council
    Primordius
    Consorts
    Megaera
    Durumu
    Animus
    Lei Shen

It was a fairly decent curve in terms of difficulty. I'd suggest:

Jin'rokh
    Ji-Kun = Horridon = Iron Qon
    Tortos
    Council = Primordius = Consorts
    Megaera = Durumu
    Animus
    Lei Shen

Council and Consorts are really easy once you have a bit of gear behind you as the strategies for them are simple, so they could be brought forward a bit if you wanted. Primordius is simple but quite a tough check imo.

Tortos becomes very easy with a good Brewmaster Monk - you'll need to be able to kite around 6-7ish waves of bats for a first kill. For our first kill, we 2 healed it with a Holy Priest and Mistweaver (mad aoe heals made it very simple). We since 3 heal it for safety as we don't always have the Mistweaver available and we tend to boost badly geared alts and socials on easy bosses. I imagine a good Resto Druid would make this an easy 2 heal as well.

Jin'rokh - for your first kill, I highly recommend 3 healing as the Lightning Storm phases are a lot of damage. I'd be willing to bet you're more likely to get 3 storms than one as the chance of everyone dodging the balls during Storm on your first kill is minimal! Even if everyone survives and you are 2 healing, without Heroic gear I imagine you'd be hard pushed to get Jin'rokh HC down in anything less than 2 Storms/3 pools.

With regards to your comp - if you can get your Holy Priest to have Disc as their Offspec, that'd be hugely beneficial. On most fights this tier, Disc has the edge with Spirit Shell being especially overpowered. Atonement can make the difference on fights where 2 healing feels a struggle but 3 healing makes the fight too long!

What spec is/are your other tank/tanks? Having a Prot Paladin+Brewmaster makes a lot of fights much simpler
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

I also suggest Ju-kun, Qon, Horridon and Twins. And when you have enough heric gear durumu and council are also quite easy.

We had over 100 attempts at tortos, and even though all claim it is so easy, we never got it under 70%, and haven't tried it for weeks now as only to mention it in TS squareroots the raiders morale. So perhaps we are incredibly bad at moving, or the raid setup plays a major role there (we have two bear tanks, and if the one doesn't die from snapping bite the other dies from adds or a healer dies because he couldn't be there fast enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I also suggest Ju-kun, Qon, Horridon and Twins. And when you have enough heric gear durumu and council are also quite easy.

We had over 100 attempts at tortos, and even though all claim it is so easy, we never got it under 70%, and haven't tried it for weeks now as only to mention it in TS squareroots the raiders morale. So perhaps we are incredibly bad at moving, or the raid setup plays a major role there (we have two bear tanks, and if the one doesn't die from snapping bite the other dies from adds or a healer dies because he couldn't be there fast enough).
    Tortos is very easy if you have a good monk kiting. Emphasis on good, since a merely 'decent' one will give you dozens of wipes as he fails to pick up adds or can't seem to stay out of melee range of them. Haven't personally tried the no-kiting strategy, I read that with 1 paladin tank that's pretty easy too, but I guess bears isn't the way to go for that.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Tortos becomes very easy with a good Brewmaster Monk - you'll need to be able to kite around 6-7ish waves of bats for a first kill. For our first kill, we 2 healed it with a Holy Priest and Mistweaver (mad aoe heals made it very simple). We since 3 heal it for safety as we don't always have the Mistweaver available and we tend to boost badly geared alts and socials on easy bosses. I imagine a good Resto Druid would make this an easy 2 heal as well.

Jin'rokh - for your first kill, I highly recommend 3 healing as the Lightning Storm phases are a lot of damage. I'd be willing to bet you're more likely to get 3 storms than one as the chance of everyone dodging the balls during Storm on your first kill is minimal! Even if everyone survives and you are 2 healing, without Heroic gear I imagine you'd be hard pushed to get Jin'rokh HC down in anything less than 2 Storms/3 pools.

With regards to your comp - if you can get your Holy Priest to have Disc as their Offspec, that'd be hugely beneficial. On most fights this tier, Disc has the edge with Spirit Shell being especially overpowered. Atonement can make the difference on fights where 2 healing feels a struggle but 3 healing makes the fight too long!

What spec is/are your other tank/tanks? Having a Prot Paladin+Brewmaster makes a lot of fights much simpler
    Our priest does have a disc offspec, but is better at playing holy - doesn't hesitate to try disc fight to fight though if it's easier. (horridon for example)

Second tank is a bit of a concern. Second guild tank is a pretty decent to good blood DK that is somewhat undergeared compared to the rest of us though, or a pickup paladin that can tank quite well but has terrible gearing. (cata style full avoid, neighter hit nor wk cap)
    Might be willing to fix that, but i'm hesitant on inviting him to become a full team member as i dont want to end up with 3 tanks all wanting to raid.
    (our fury warrior has a tank offspec too in case someone's missing)

Good point about 3 healing jinrokh though, with even one DPS dead to storm a 2 pool 1 storm would probably already be impossible.

I'll read up on tortos, horridon, ji-kun and qon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst it's slightly off topic from your original post - if the Prot Paladin is a good player, I'd definitely recommend getting them on board and geared up!
    Running 3 tanks isn't much bother as long as you rotate fairly - it gives you flexibility for progression bosses as well.
    We actually run 4 tanks and rotate depending on who needs gear and for optimal comp on the harder bosses.

Regarding your priest, I can understand that - one of our Priests doesn't enjoy Disc very much at all, however for some of the later fights especially, he's had to switch to compete viably with the other healers (especially as we have another Disc only priest!).

Iron Qon Heroic is made particularly easy with 2xDisc Priest (3 healing it works fine as well, low DPS requirement... 2xDisc+other healer is particularly easy) as you can use Spirit Shellx2 and Barrier x2 in Phase 1 to let the melee group take 7+ stacks (a lot more depending on comp). It also means you can make good use of Atonement healing and equate to 1DPS with 2xAtonement DPS. A Warlock for Portals or a Druid for Stampeding Roar (Warlock > Druid) is also OP if you have those available!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    When we progressed we did Jin'Rokh > Horridon > Tortos > Ji-Kun > Iron Qon > Council > Primordius > Twins > Megaera > Durumu > Animus.

Looking back, Ji-Kun was definitely easier than Horridon and Tortos, so was Iron Qon (probably, not sure there). I'd start with Jin'Rokh then Ji-Kun, and then either Qon or Tortos/Horridon, depending on your raid's strengths and weaknesses.

Before I left for vacation we went,

Jin'Rokh
    Ji-Kun
    Iron Qon
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Primordius
    Council
    Twins