Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Proving Grounds could even be used to replace item level as the gating requirement for Raid Finder or other things that use matchmaking.
    I think I jizzed a little

fix this end of page COMMENT BUG. Getting really tired of having to post so I can hit the first page button.
    Last edited by Rolly; 2013-08-13 at 05:46 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's logic with the current talent system seems to be that if lots of players choose a talent, then it must be broken.

they aren't actually fixing anything because it takes too much time. instead, they are making tiny adjustments to make it seem like they are working on it. meanwhile, they'll make real changes in the next expansion, and a month after release of that, hey, it's going to be 50% off in the blizz store. this happens every expansion.

they make ridiculously minor changes each patch, usually in regard to only one spec. the devs dont care about balance, plain and simple; they are literally only changing things based on census data- not on player feedback. these are the laziest game developers on the planet.

and if you play a melee and you're not a rogue, you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You do realize that the ´alt-unfriedliness´ of MOP is actually a good thing, it means our mains have actual content to do. WOTLK was very alt-friendly ONLY because by wednesday, almost everyone was done with their mains for the week. It is the same reason I have like 100 heirlooms all over my bank, because there was nothing for mains to do.
    You assume that everyone who play an alt is because he has nothing else to do with his main but that is wrong. Many people, me among them, play alts because they like the classes and have fun playing them. I have 8 90s and none of them is main. I like them all equally and play them all equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    It is stupid to want your 5 level 90s to all be clearing TOT right now.. the only way that would have been possible is if there was so little for our mains to do that we sat them early in the week. I would much rather have a lot of content for my main rather than having a little content, and doing it 10 times.
    Why is stupid?And why should everyone prefer to have lot of content for a main and no time for alts?Many people prefer to have time to play all their characters. And by saying lot of content for "main", you mean lot of dailies right?because this is what Blizzard added in MoP as more content for mains. No thanks, I prefer to play my "alts" than doing dailies on "main". I think Blizzard understood this and thats why they dropped dailies and also added much more BOA items(in the new island also there are boa epic drops).

So TL;DR, not everyone play the game as you do and there is no right and wrong playstyle.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I guess i shouldn't really be surprised that my concerns weren't talked about.

They talk about making Rain of fire not essential to single target ember generation, but don't mention where they plan to stick the ember generation lost from not using it in single target rotation? I guess this could be a tuning thing which they obviously aren't talking about here but i still find it odd they didn't mention it at all.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Skipping bosses? Yes. Just what we need in LFR. Gee thanks Blizzard, make it more difficult to do anything. "LOL, sorry we're only doing these bosses, cause these are the only ones I need loot from. Don't like it? Tough." ugh.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Skipping bosses? Yes. Just what we need in LFR. Gee thanks Blizzard, make it more difficult to do anything. "LOL, sorry we're only doing these bosses, cause these are the only ones I need loot from. Don't like it? Tough." ugh.
    Won't happen. Blizzard isn't stupid. LFR will be broken up according to wings, each wing will be pretty linear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    This won't happen in LFR, but it will happen in Flex, Normal, and Heroic.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Warrior dps Arms/Fury plays too fast which can be said for many melee play styles like DKs - Ret - Combat - WW-( Which IMO is the worst designed spec ever )
    This hurts my eyes to read. Ask any WW main what makes the class FUN to play. I'm willing to bet that a top answer will ALWAYS be "fast playstyle". Obviously, you just don't understand the class itself.

Lots of changes for everyone. Sky still looks like its holding its place up above us though ...
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Why messing with scenarios? Going 5 players on it will just screw with it reason to exist in 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    You assume that everyone who play an alt is because he has nothing else to do with his main but that is wrong. Many people, me among them, play alts because they like the classes and have fun playing them. I have 8 90s and none of them is main. I like them all equally and play them all equally.

Why is stupid?And why should everyone prefer to have lot of content for a main and no time for alts?Many people prefer to have time to play all their characters. And by saying lot of content for "main", you mean lot of dailies right?because this is what Blizzard added in MoP as more content for mains. No thanks, I prefer to play my "alts" than doing dailies on "main". I think Blizzard understood this and thats why they dropped dailies and also added much more BOA items(in the new island also there are boa epic drops).

So TL;DR, not everyone play the game as you do and there is no right and wrong playstyle.
    Not only you're a minority, but you were also able to do that because of the lack of content to do with one character in other xpacs.

So yes, he was actually right, we do play alts because we have nothing to do. Even in MoP, ppl only started their alts when they considered finished with their mains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halbourne View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the Hardcore raiders are jumping on the Casuals about the Heirlooms dropping in raids? What does a Hardcore need alt gear for?

Aren't Heirlooms designed as hand me downs for alts? And don't most Hardcores [poop] on casual players. Many casuals LFR for their welfare epics and then move on to an alt. By putting Heirlooms in LFR the Casuals get gear for their alts and then they can go PVE on their alts to their hearts' content. Blizzard gets to keep subs as the new welfare heirlooms will keep the casuals playing longer. And the Hardcores can keep spitting on people that wear the XP bonus gear. You can't get into a raid (even LFR) with heirloom gear, it has an ilevel of "1".

Let the casuals have their Heirlooms. The Harcores will continue to [poop] on you and you will never see anything but LFR but at least you'll have fun leveling alt after all, keeping your subscription and making Blizzard money. Hardcores, you just hang with your guild and get your alt runs in. The DKP that you've earned in your progressions runs will be more than enough for you to get free gear in the non-LFR raids.
    That's why they've created Flex, and that's what they wanna do to make ppl leave LFR crap and start doing something better. "Casuals" don't need those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    How so? So far you cant use them till 90. They will be more alt friendly the next expack but its not really alt friendly for this expack. If they where alt friendly for MOP the level would be set at level 85 or lower not max level.
    Not getting stuck in MSV/HOF/TES LFR because of ilvl and crap rng on loot/coins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    So the widely reviled alt unfriendliness of MoP finally gets addressed in the final major patch of the expansion and this solution only applies to raiders, and only raiders above LFR?

Wow thanks.
    omg... flex is so hard... lol.

By the end of an expansion, if you don't have at least one character geared enough to go SoO flex... you actually didn't play the game until now. You're not classified as alt.

We're on the last patch, there isn't that much time left to keep going on every single raid to grab loot to reach ilvls required to current (and last) LFR/Flex/Normal.

They're not addressing the "alt unfriendliness of MoP", that was addressed long ago (even removing some of the XP needed to level before MoP became old xpac, they usually do that after releasing a new one). They're speeding up the gearing and giving you a carrot to chase even after you've finished your "content" by giving you itens that can be used up to level 100, even for your "main" on next xpacs.

Why complain?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Because f**k you, dual-wield speccs!
    They want you playing even after you're done with the content.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2013-08-13 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Not only you're a minority, but you were also able to do that because of the lack of content to do with one character in other xpacs.

So yes, he was actually right, we do play alts because we have nothing to do. Even in MoP, ppl only started their alts when they considered finished with their mains.
    Unless you provide me your numbers to prove me that I am minority, you have no idea what you are talking about. From my small statistical number of friends - guildmates, I could assume that I am in majority, since me and my friends we got multiply level 90 chars before starting playing them in dungeons/raids. But my statistical pool is small for wow population, so I have no idea who is the minority or not..and you have no idea too. Only Blizzard knows.

And I am asking again what do people think content is for their mains. Multiply raids per tier (like TBC)? Lot of dailies? More dailies?many more dailies?Pet battles? Dailies?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I really like how they fundamentally change classes right before the final raiding tier...

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you provide me your numbers to prove me that I am minority, you have no idea what you are talking about. From my small statistical number of friends - guildmates, I could assume that I am in majority, since me and my friends we got multiply level 90 chars before starting playing them in dungeons/raids. But my statistical pool is small for wow population, so I have no idea who is the minority or not..and you have no idea too. Only Blizzard knows.

And I am asking again what do people think content is for their mains. Multiply raids per tier (like TBC)? Lot of dailies? More dailies?many more dailies?Pet battles? Dailies?
    Personally I like the solo scenario's especially in the legendary quest chain. I know it's a mmo but I like being able to go through content solo on my main if I want and would like to see a lot more of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor Points will not be converted to Justice Points for Patch 5.4. "Players who want to stockpile their 3,000 Valor before Patch 5.4 hits will be able to do that, and probably should start thinking about that."
    So i guess we can expect it to be in the next 3-4 weeks :O !

Quote Originally Posted by Tython View Post
    Personally I like the solo scenario's especially in the legendary quest chain. I know it's a mmo but I like being able to go through content solo on my main if I want and would like to see a lot more of it.
    there is nothing wrong with solo. For me MMO is about to play in a living world that lot of people co-exist, not specifically group content. I like lot of solo content too, except the boring dailies I like to solo old raids and solo scenarios can be challenging if you don't have good gear.

there is nothing wrong with solo. For me MMO is about to play in a living world that lot of people co-exist, not specifically group content. I like lot of solo content too, except the boring dailies I like to solo old raids and solo scenarios can be challenging if you don't have good gear.
    Good points. I agree with all of them. I refuse to do dailies at this point after the burnout of the last two expansions. I'd prefer more class based storylines similar to the legendary quest line this expansion but doing that much content for a single class is wasteful in Blizzard's eyes. It has its flaws but this is where SWTOR is superior in storytelling. I'd much rather have voice actors rather than read through lines and lines of script but it's all about the bottom line for Blizzard and I don't really blame them that much. It's just what I want out of a game; less cut scenes and more interaction where I'm the center of the story rather than a group of "heroes". Maybe I'm playing the wrong game...

Changes look exciting. Can't wait for the patch to come out. Oh man so tempted to roll a rogue now!