Thread: PVP XP Nerfed?

10+ Year Old Account

PVP XP Nerfed?

So I am leveling a new alt and I decided I would do it through BGs.

I've just won three on the trot and I am only getting 500xp per win. (Full Heirlooms)

Is this right? I seem to remember getting close to a level per win.

It's only good exp if you win during call to arms
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Wait until 50, 50-60 in AV is super fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It's only good exp if you win during call to arms
    And I'm guessing XP from random BG too?
    Anyone know what level that turns up?

15+ Year Old Account
    At 89 you get like 2 bars for a win with Random BG /Call to Arms.

Is 500 xp the same as two bars? IF yes, then it just looks like you will always receive two bars upon a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    And I'm guessing XP from random BG too?
    Anyone know what level that turns up?
    Random BG's are the ones that give more XP, as well as Call to arms. I think random appears in the 40's?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    At 89 you get like 2 bars for a win with Random BG /Call to Arms.

Is 500 xp the same as two bars? IF yes, then it just looks like you will always receive two bars upon a win.
    Got like an 80% (28/34) win ratio on my new DK, and it's taking forever to level at L88, sure isn't 2 bars a win. They did lower it previously but I think they went too far with it.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-08-13 at 08:21 AM.

Leveled my Priest from 89-90 in like 15 BGs, would have done it from the start if I had realized how fast it was. Much better than questing, since you can get to 4k honor and can get a couple pieces right at 90.

IIRC, leveling 60-70 is extra fast, winning BG sometimes awarded me about 40% exp. Crazy fast.
    70-85 is just a bit slower, but if you like PvP it's better than questing.
    Leveled 85-90 by PvPing too, took about 15-20 hours I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Got like an 80% (28/34) win ratio on my new DK, and it's taking forever to level at L88, sure isn't 2 bars a win. They did lower it previously but I think they went too far with it.
    Could it be because I am rested then?

Stupid choice from blizzard to nerf xp in bg's, think it was cata they did it? if i want to level in bg's i should be able to. After all questing in wow is boring as fuck and running the same dungeons over and over is also boring. In wrath you could level to max pretty fast doing bg's.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Stupid choice from blizzard to nerf xp in bg's, think it was cata they did it? if i want to level in bg's i should be able to. After all questing in wow is boring as fuck and running the same dungeons over and over is also boring. In wrath you could level to max pretty fast doing bg's.
    Just checked again,

I got 500 xp per flag cap in WSG and 500 for winning.
    2000 xp and 15mins of my time.

Just did a green quest on Azuremyst and got 1038 xp for 2 minutes of my time.
    I think I'll just idly queue for BGs when I feel like it.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks lol, I'm leveling another character currently that I was going to level via BGs^^

Most importantly are the que times. I know some factions have it easier, but there are brackets that are almost dead.....and some that are extremely active. You might consider that together with call of arms/random. Cause even with call of arms and random bgs if you have to wait 15-20 min its pointless if you just want to level. Most activity at least in my battlegroup was during 10-24, decaying at 25-59, 60-70 are ok invite times, 71-80 should be ok too. Especially brackets that are easy to gear, too. Beware of green cata and mist gear, its op and easy to gear many do it, but it might improve que times, except only 1 faction does use that pve gear, the other faction might get bored and stop quing.

Anyways, if you see your own faction with crap gear, educate your faction and que times might rise and stabilize over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well that sucks lol, I'm leveling another character currently that I was going to level via BGs^^
    don't bother with it, i leveld about 30 chars only in bgs just for the kills.^^ best bet is just to do the lvl10-24 bracket its easy to gear and if you got a range class or healer its rewarding, melees shouldn't bother.

i wanted to try out my warlock twink in lvl40-44 or 45-49 bracket wherever random bg was availible and the lock got his killerspells at lvl42 in all his 3 specs, i used the best gear possible, but surprise....wait times were insane 20min or more. sometimes no bg popped up at all.

70-74 seems fine if it opens often enough, 75-79 is a waste of time if you are not hunter with cata greens.^^

The most annoying thing is, the pvp changes in 5.3 destroyed heirloom pvp gear's use, cause the resilience does not add up in the way it did before the patch, it add up almost nothing you are just losing stats if you don't go pve gear and i mean the 70, and 80 gladiator sets too, used both sets with full resi gems(the most expensive ones!) to no avail.

I really HATE the inbuild resilence....this thing is destroying pvp. resilience should be only for pvp gear, there is almost no pvp power on pvp gear in lower brackets...
    But i do not like inbuild resilence on 90 either...together with ilvl caps, the result is justpvp gearit looks ugly and sucks, if you do some pve like the pve arena or the rare world pvp. Do not see why pve people should get an easier time to pvp in pve gear......the concept is wrong in itself, cause everything must suffer from this change, especially low bgs.

low bgs need a lot of balancing and care, maybe in 6.0, when the devs are finally not occupied with pve and pve people anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    lvl in bgs can be boring as fuck too, if they never pop up or you are lvling during the night after your main has done his stuff and no bg opens up. At about lvl30 when bgs need more time to pop up i'd rather do some quests especically since in the old world they were improved and Kalimdor and EK is very big and diverse to quest. Not boring at all. The boring time comes with lvl68... I really like outland.....i really do.......but they got the oldest quest in the whole fucking game right now. A good time to do some bgs....if they open up.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-08-13 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    lvl in bgs can be boring as fuck too, if they never pop up or you are lvling during the night after your main has done his stuff and no bg opens up. At about lvl30 when bgs need more time to pop up i'd rather do some quests especically since in the old world they were improved and Kalimdor and EK is very big and diverse to quest. Not boring at all. The boring time comes with lvl68... I really like outland.....i really do.......but they got the oldest quest in the whole fucking game right now. A good time to do some bgs....if they open up.
    True and specially if you play solo, more fun with friends. It's only frustrating playing solo with a team that does nothing to win. Also i rather quest in outland then Northrend, so boring zones in Northrend that i mostly do av's to lvl 75-80 or so so i dont need to quest there.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-08-13 at 05:55 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Leveling can be pain somtimes, they should sell exp pots in blizz store :P