Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I enjoy your enthusiasm regarding the matter of pets.

Raw hides are pretty terrible but don't cause problems too often.

Just feed raw and your dog will love you and eat amazingly healthy, delicious foods! Also it's cheaper than kibble generally. Kibble is actual shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple dogs, multiple dry hides. Maybe it was the brand or shape, or maybe it was just your dog. We've had one brand that was too thing and brittle and go rid of it. Not exactly for the dog but because they made a ridiculous noise when our dog ate them, and he ate them way too fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    i want a puppy

How about you watch your pet..assuming rawhide treats are bones..you should always manage to watch them because animals dont care when it comes to food they'll swallow anything whole

so no its not the food to blame, its your dogs chomping

I prefer feeding my dog canned food and occasional bones
    Last edited by TheNationGamer; 2013-08-13 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    never give rawhide treats to your dog. gave my dog a rawhide bone and the shit damn near killed my dog. dog was downstairs trying to gagging on a broken piece of rawhide stuck in his throat. my other dog came up to my room and basically told me to come downstairs. i followed my dog and find my pup fucking sitting in a puddle of vomit while making the crying dog sound nonstop. i rush him to the local pet store, they quickly took him and took out the damn rawhide knife that was stuck in his throat (took about 5-10min). they didnt charge me i guess because they sold me a rawhide threat well aware that rawhide splinters and can get stuck in the throat and intestines. the vet there told me to never give a dog anything with rawhide and fed him mushy foods like mashed potatoes.

to prevent anyone else from having this happen to their pet dont give your dog fucking rawhide treats.... THAT'S AN ORDER!!!
    So your dog is choking to death, crying while lying in a puddle of vomit... and you take it to the PET STORE?!?! The hell?!?!

Anybody else find something wrong with this story?

How big are your dogs? Yorkies are usually on the small side no? Reason I ask because I have a dog that's about 12 lbs and I was told by the vet not to feed her rawhide because of her size. I think they even saw on the packages that if you're dog is under a certain weight don't feed the item to them, not just with rawhide but with a lot of different dog treats. Just make sure to read those labels. I know rawhide is not able to be digested by dogs so that's something to think about. You should go for the edible Nylabones, my dog loves those. There are also these dentastix I sometimes buy her made for small toy dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    So your dog is choking to death, crying while lying in a puddle of vomit... and you take it to the PET STORE?!?! The hell?!?!

Anybody else find something wrong with this story?
    Hey may have meant something else. Although I know PetSmart has a vet's office in most of their stores so maybe he went somewhere similar.

hmm my dog has never had problems with pig ears or bones, hell he loves chewing on plastic bottles sometimes hes given himself a few cuts but nothing serious.

maybe it was just the age of the dog and or biting off more than it could chew? seems just an unlucky turn of events rather than an inevitability each time.

Deleted
    just dnt buy cheap ones cos in the uk you can get wilko,asda rawhide and i bet there the ones that splinter and choke the dog best to avoid rawhide and treat the dog with something less dangerous

How are people defending a dog treat that might kill your dog?

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Your right, this one guy on the internet proclaims he had a bad experience with something so we should all throw out our personal experiences with said item and ignore the personal advice given by professionals to us about said item.

Yeah, that seems perfectly fucking logical.

Deleted
    Pretty much anything can choke you, would you leave a child unsupervised when eating fish that may contain bones?
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-08-14 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripwire View Post
    Kinda like how pretzels are banned now ever since Bush choked on one?
    Wasn't that how king kerkefskoy died....

i present to you: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

AND PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING THIS STUFF!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    i present to you: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

AND PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING THIS STUFF!!!
    I know a guy that died from that stuff, it is pretty nasty.

Rawhide bones are well known as being relatively risky in terms of choking hazards. That being said, rawhide messes with my dog's digestion which results in a less pleasant picking-up-after experience for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    Rawhide bones are well known as being relatively risky in terms of choking hazards. That being said, rawhide messes with my dog's digestion which results in a less pleasant picking-up-after experience for me.
    Switch to bully sticks!