10+ Year Old Account

Which weps for my WW?

so i have two wu'lai fist weapons, a 528 and 522.. and then i have a 528 jalak's maelstrom staff.. guild master keeps asking me why i never use my staff vs the two fist weapons.. i cant see it being better, im pretty sure two 1h's is the way to go.. righhhht? i mean, unless my staff was heroic or higher..

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC 2H is only superior to DW if both DW weapons are lower ilvl than the 2H.
    Seeing as though you've got a 528 1H I think you should stick with DW and use the staff for BrM offspec if you have it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was told the following

With windwalker 2h is better if its 10 item levels higher than the average of your two prospective one handers.
    So you should be fine with the 2 1handers

Minibars is correct.

Obviously the exact 'breaking point' of when 2-handers are better than 1-handers differs depending on your gear, but in general your 2-hander needs to be a LOT (~10 ilvl or more) higher than the average of your 1-handers in order to yield higher dps.

In your specific case, unless you get a heroic thunderforged staff (horridon hc), keep the 1-handers you have now.

PS: You mentioned a 528 and a 522 weapon. Maybe you did so in order for us to know you were talking about normal TF + normal weapons, but just to make sure: Using VP to upgrade these weapons should be your main priority, as weapon DPS is your most important stat. So go do that next reset if you didn't already.

PPS: Link this thread to your raidleader to show you did your homework and so he can stop nagging you about it. Moreover, it will take away his impression you don't know what you're doing.