Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The heirloom weapons

The heirloom weapons are also intended to make Mists of Pandaria a little more alt friendly.

So the last boss in the expac drops weapons to make the expac more alt friendly?
    Shouldn't the last boss in the first raid drop them to make it easier for alts.

They work until level 100 - so they are already good for the next expansion pack.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

So getting a weapon off MSV would be better for gearing up an alt now? Don't really see the logic there. Putting a BoA weapon on the last boss of the tier makes it possible to jump a significant amount of RNG while trying to gear up through LFR/ Alt Runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also these's mostly a test that Blizzard is doing, if it works they will do these again in the future, if it doesn't work, they will KILL EVERYONE!, i mean they will look for another way to solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    They work until level 100 - so they are already good for the next expansion pack.
    Please don't assume this is FACT. PTR is PTR and everything is subject to change. The level range may very well get changed. I expect it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dieball View Post
    So getting a weapon off MSV would be better for gearing up an alt now? Don't really see the logic there. Putting a BoA weapon on the last boss of the tier makes it possible to jump a significant amount of RNG while trying to gear up through LFR/ Alt Runs.
    I think the point is, that you can now get items for raids with your main character to your alts, the problem with BoE is that most people sell them, and that will make that the people who progress faster are the one who have the biggest quantity of gold

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I think the point is, that you can now get items for raids with your main character to your alts, the problem with BoE is that most people sell them, and that will make that the people who progress faster are the one who have the biggest quantity of gold
    What? These are BoA not BoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    What? These are BoA not BoE.
    Yeah, i know... i was just trying to explain why these are BoA and not BoE

It wouldn't make sense to have them drop in ToES. You would still have to replace them in ToT if that were the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It wouldn't make sense to have them drop in ToES. You would still have to replace them in ToT if that were the case.
    Well it will have to be replaced every 2 tiers (and sometimes for the next tier)

Note: Is true it doesn't have sense to have them drop in the first tier

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes perfect sense. You finish gearing out your main in the last raid of an expansion, what do you do now? You either quit until the next expansion or you play alts. Getting a nice heirloom off of the last boss of the last tier will encourage many people to take the latter option. It's pretty smart actually.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well it will have to be replaced every 2 tiers (and sometimes for the next tier)

Note: Is true it doesn't have sense to have them drop in the first tier
    Well since this is the last tier, it wont have to be replaced. Your alt who just hit 90 now has a weapon that will last him through tier 14, 15, 16 and while leveling through the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    It makes perfect sense. You finish gearing out your main in the last raid of an expansion, what do you do now? You either quit until the next expansion or you play alts. Getting a nice heirloom off of the last boss of the last tier will encourage many people to take the latter option. It's pretty smart actually.
    That makes it sound like they have a long period of time with no content then if they expect you to play alts after you clear the last raid.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    That makes it sound like they have a long period of time with no content then if they expect you to play alts after you clear the last raid.
    Actually I would say its their attempt to try to keep you playing. It says nothing about the length of layoff between last raid - next expac.

Its an effort to not get another Dragon Soul disaster - where most people wanted to puke at the end of cata from doing DS day in and out for absolutly no reward what so ever.

Now there will be a bigger reason to bother running SoO on farm - to get them nice loomies for alts.
    Will be nice to have a shinny stick to poke annoying mobs when the next expa comes out, whenever that may be.

They could just do it so that you can get a drop off a tier and then use a quest item off the last boss (on the appropriate difficulty) to upgrade it.

So it drops from ToES LFR @ Ilvl 476 lvl 90, once you kill any boss that would upgrade it you can exchange it for the version for that boss (say ToES normal 489 or ToT LFR 496), etc.

Numbers are example just because I think it's weird that we'd see BiS weapons being heirlooms on personal loot in norm/heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    i think by that they meant; gearing alts will be easier since you will have the BiS right away when you hit the max lvl...

i hope i understood this one wrong, cause it does surely feel very wrong

The more interesting question is:

"personal Loot"

Does that mean that Garroshs loot distribution will be just like in LFR and Flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post

"personal Loot"

Does that mean that Garroshs loot distribution will be just like in LFR and Flex?
    No, means it's just like your runestones etc. It's personal for you, but that doesn't do anything for the actual boss drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post

"personal Loot"

That's how I interpreted it, but only for the heirloom weapons. I'm hoping the rest of his loot table is as normal and you just have a chance to obtain a weapon on the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."