Thread: LvB Change

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    For those who dont know, if your wondering if this has anything to do with pvp, they are insanely op in pvp.
    In fact they are still way over the top regardless of this. They have the potential to just randomly kill someone from almost full health ina a couple globals without cds.

I play this game because I enjoy pvp. Ele shammies are right now in pvp are disgustingly op, its almost unplayable having to deal with it. Not that there isnt other problems with other classes
    Quite frankly do not care at all about PvP but it can be the only explanation for this nerf, and then we get teased with the Stampede fix to think we might get seperate fixes. No, we get "we are fine with shamans where they are now" so let us nerf their core ability by 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    People on the ptr who are posting on totemspot are already getting better numbers in T15 4pc than T16 4pc.
    Obviously that means they are going to buff T16 4pc.... Right guys? Right?

Ideally this LvB change is just the first of a series of changes to reduce burst in pvp and hopefully buff single target damage in PvE. i.e. moving damage from LvB to LB.

Deleted
    Moving damage from Main Spell to filler? Great now we won't need Spiritwalker Grace anymore cause we will only spam LB - fun fun fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Obviously that means they are going to buff T16 4pc.... Right guys? Right?
    Haven't you learned anything over the last years? (more of a rethorical question really)
    T15 being better than T16 means T15 is going to be nerfed, not necessarily that T16 is going to be buffed.
    That's the way Blizzard deals with sort of thing.

I hope they change LvB for pvp only or give Flame Shock/Lava Surge the same treatment as Balance's dots, again, for pvp only.
    The way things are looking now, I don't see myself progressing more than 2 or 3 encounters on heroic (top20), and those only because CL will be very strong on certain fights.

25man testing should start soon, maybe they will have more numbers after that.

well this is just bad,
    i understand a nerf should be done in the PVP area but its so bad for our PVE.

blizz need to completely rework ele shamans to fix this...

The LvB pvp issue is of a mechanical nature- it's not just numbers. It seems Blizzard don't want to use development time and resources on elemental shamans at this point.

why wont blizzard stop being lazy idiots and create 2 sets of numbers for PvP and PvE....

regardless im glad i stopped playing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    The LvB pvp issue is of a mechanical nature- it's not just numbers. It seems Blizzard don't want to use development time and resources on elemental shamans at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    why wont blizzard stop being lazy idiots and create 2 sets of numbers for PvP and PvE....

regardless im glad i stopped playing recently.
    As has been pointed out numerous times in other threads, on twitter, on the wow forums.... these nerfs had nothing to do with pvp. Elemental pve single target damage was too high, at least thats what they currently see on their internal testing numbers.

Other plans to "fix" elemental pvp burst are still planned (fulmination nerf i believe it was).

Nerfing single target PVE DPS is sort of laughable in the face of the data at raidbots. We were lower middle of the pack.

Angrysteel there is no way our single target PvE damage was to high. We suffer on single target fights now when compared to other ranged classes. Cleaving is the only way we bring ourselves up from the bottom of the pack.

So Elemental is getting nerfed because someone actually got killed by an Elemental in PvP? How does that even happen? Do they stand there and let the Elemental free cast on them? I really don't get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    So Elemental is getting nerfed because someone actually got killed by an Elemental in PvP? How does that even happen? Do they stand there and let the Elemental free cast on them? I really don't get it.
    GC Stated that LvB nerf is PvE-wise

Maybe wo should stop comparing ourselfes to other speccs and start comparing ourselfes to where Blizzard wants us to be dps wise. They stated before, that they don't want Elemental in the top half of dps speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurean View Post
    Maybe wo should stop comparing ourselfes to other speccs and start comparing ourselfes to where Blizzard wants us to be dps wise. They stated before, that they don't want Elemental in the top half of dps speccs.
    You have a link to that post ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    GC Stated that LvB nerf is PvE-wise
    And yet warlocks are being buffed again, like they needed that.

GC has no clue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    lolololololololololololololololo

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-08-15 at 04:52 PM.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    lolololololololololololololololo

[Infracted]
    infracted because it's not constructive i agree, but come on how can you let a guy post something like that in a shaman thread?

elemental is wrecking arenas atm many will get glad as elemental, then some guy walks into the thread and says elemental is total garbage and can't land kills on anyone unless they are AFK, thats MASSIVE spam/trolling whatever way you want to look at it.

thats like me going to a blood dk thread and going, lol dks are total crap they have no survival how would a blood dk even solo bosses anyway? total spam and he should be infracted for making such a stupid statement.

on topic.....these nerfs are just hilarious without a massive buff to lightning bolt/flame shock/searing totem, i can't imagine elemental worth bringing to a single encounter where we cant spam CL it's just going to be a really weak(useless) spec for patchwerk, ofc it's not final yet....but thing don't look promising and GC often screws shaman dps over.

Just flat buffing lightning bolt would be nice given that both DPS specs got gutted, and both use it frequently, so would be wonderful to actually have some shift back to a classic spell that's active DPS for both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Just flat buffing lightning bolt would be nice given that both DPS specs got gutted, and both use it frequently, so would be wonderful to actually have some shift back to a classic spell that's active DPS for both.
    I'd rather see the damage back on LL and SS tbh, at least for Enhancement. I guess in pve it doesn't matter as much where your dps comes from but in pvp, especially arenas, I and probably a lot of other Enhancement shamans rarely if ever cast LB because you need/want those MSW5 for heals or hex. Of course that leaves out how we want to buff ele then, probably by reverting the LvB changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I'd rather see the damage back on LL and SS tbh, at least for Enhancement. I guess in pve it doesn't matter as much where your dps comes from but in pvp, especially arenas, I and probably a lot of other Enhancement shamans rarely if ever cast LB because you need/want those MSW5 for heals or hex. Of course that leaves out how we want to buff ele then, probably by reverting the LvB changes.
    Well I know that we don't use LB in PvP, but obviously they seem incredibly stubborn about buffing enhancement damage in PvP for whatever reason, but given how badly this has hit PvE DPS, buffing the damage there is needed, for both specs. Better to buff utility for Enhancement PvP, or wolves, since damage is apparantly not what we're supposed to be doing.