Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Limited sales things back again??? Yay that means I can get the everlasting mining pick. Been regretting not getting that ever since it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Limited sales things back again??? Yay that means I can get the everlasting mining pick. Been regretting not getting that ever since it left.
    Don't forget the eternal salvage kit either.

For the Jennah Speech, they already had the aetherblade attack at the opening, so I assume it'll be more expansion about that. Maybe we'll fight an entire factory of killbots...

I don't think the eternal salvage kit is worth it, not even as convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think the eternal salvage kit is worth it, not even as convenience.
    It's not worth it for the one and only fact it's a basic salvage kit

If that's not a slap in the face...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's not worth it for the one and only fact it's a basic salvage kit

If that's not a slap in the face...

I don't see it that way. I don't think anything in the gem store should be so good that you feel like you HAVE to buy it.

Looks like the eternal salvage kit is more of a collectible curiosity than anything with the golem voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQcCJMwJiOA

I may pick up a couple more of the mining picks just bcuz I like to mine with lava
    Other than that, if they re-release the Mad King Costume I'm def all over that, only thing I ever regret not getting.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Fix't. Fuck everything and anything that has to do with Nightfall.
    At this point, Elona would make more sense, opening the gates to the Crystal Dessert and onwards, conquring Elona and then moving on to take back Cantha with the force of 2 countries. Bubbles we comin' for you.

as far as what landmass to wanting opened up, anything desert like is my preference. It's the one type of climate that we really don't have yet.

I don't see it that way. I don't think anything in the gem store should be so good that you feel like you HAVE to buy it.
    Who said anything about you having to buy it? It's unlimited and pure ease of use thing just like the unlimited mining pick. It's no different then just buying the 25 stack salvage kit forever.

The problem is the quality of this unlimited salvage kit. It's BASIC, a horrible salvage quality for anything. That's a fucking rip off. $10 for an unlimited salvage kit of the lowest quality guaranteed to not give you jack shit back?

Rip. Off.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-13 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Who said anything about you having to buy it? It's unlimited and pure ease of use thing just like the unlimited mining pick. It's no different then just buying the 25 stack salvage kit forever.

The problem is the quality of this unlimited salvage kit. It's BASIC, the worst salvage kit. That's a fucking rip off. $10 for an unlimited salvage kit of the lowest quality guaranteed to not give you jack shit back?

Rip. Off.
    The worst kit is the Crude Salvage Kit. Eh, Idc - not going to buy it. With all the Mystic Stones I got from the achievement chests I can have the 250 stack Masters Kits until well into the next century.
    Valar morghulis

it costs 3c per use as well. On reddit someone calculated that it would take 483,681 uses to get you monies worth (going on that rate of gold to gem conversion, that will fluctuate of course). If you use it 2,000 times per month, it would take 20 years to pay for itself.

But yeah, the only real reason to get it would be the sound effect it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The worst kit is the Crude Salvage Kit. Eh, Idc - not going to buy it. With all the Mystic Stones I got from the achievement chests I can have the 250 stack Masters Kits until well into the next century.
    Oh sorry, it's the next step up from the worst salvage kit, that makes it soooo much better. Wasting 10 bucks for an unlimited salvage kit (you still have to pay for the salvage) that is next to the worst quality salvage and won't give you jack shit back for your salvages.

It's a fucking slap in the face and Anet doesn't make it obvious meaning they want to screw people over with this. Don't defend it.

If you trade 31g for 800 gems (the going rate ATM), it means you essentially bought 9,688 crude salvage kits (31g / 32 copper), or 145,320 salvages.
    And that's not including the 3 copper fee per salvage. So really the cost is 43.59.60 gold.silver.copper to salvage 145,320 items, plus the 31 gold to buy it, so the total cost for the purchase is 74.59.60 g.s.c.
    The total cost per salvage, assuming you can salvage that many items, is 5.1332 copper per salvage (74.59.60 g.s.c. / 145,320 items).
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-13 at 09:00 PM.

You know Zito if you keep being angry about everything every game does, your anger will start to lose effect. People will be like, "oh look Zito is angry about something again big surprise"

But yea the choice to make the salvage kit a Basic one seems weird to me. I mean with the everlasting gathering tools at least you can loot even the highest level things with them. I'm guessing their aim is to have another use for copper ore/and there was some thought that if they made it a higher level kit they would need to make it use a higher level ore which would sort of defeat the purpose of using up copper ore. Curious how many people will actually buy it/how many people won't realize it's only basic before they buy it ><

You know Zito if you keep being angry about everything every game does, your anger will start to lose effect. People will be like, "oh look Zito is angry about something again big surprise"
    I'm angry that people are trying to justify this less then obvious rip off. If Anet bothered to advertise it as basic quality they would lose a lot of sales.

Curious how many people will actually buy it/how many people won't realize it's only basic before they buy it ><
    That seems to be the plan :/

What level of salvage do you think would be fair for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What level of salvage do you think would be fair for it?
    Master

If they can make the cost of basic unlimited salvage kit the same as continuously buying multiple ones they can do it for masters and it would totally be worth 10$ since everyone in their right mine uses master or higher to get mats and salvage procs.

Would you have bought the unlimited mining pic if it was iron quality? (The equivalent to basic) or the sickle or the axe?

Let me answer that for you: NO so why would you buy this?
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-13 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was an unlimited Masters or god forbid, an unlimited Black Lion Salvage Kit, then it would feel like you HAD to buy it - that would be a cash grab and that would be a rip off in my eyes.

This is nothing more than a toy for salvaging low level items. I mean c'mon, what if they sold this novelty with only 25 uses? That would make no sense. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Valar morghulis

If it was an unlimited Masters or god forbid, an unlimited Black Lion Salvage Kit, then it would feel like you HAD to buy it - that would be a cash grab and that would be a rip off in my eyes.
    How would it make you feel like you HAD TO BUY IT? Did the unlimited pic/axe/sickle feel like you had to buy it? No because it would of been the same as buying a bunch of normal ones, it was there for convenience of you not having to go and re buy more.

That's exactly how the unlimited salvage kit works. Except that it's basic quality. It's shit, it doesn't even make me want to consider buying it.

This is nothing more than a toy for salvaging low level items. I mean c'mon, what if they sold this novelty with only 25 uses? That would make no sense. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Even salvaging lower lvl items with a basic kit will produce less results then a masters. (You shouldn't even be looting low lvl items if your high level anyway and even if you did why are you salvage crap items?)

It's not about "don't buy it if you don't like it", it's about how this is a rip off that doesn't make it obvious and is literally telling you "this is a rip off we are trying to screw you over" but you have earplugs on.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-13 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    New Rewards

Birthday Gifts!
    As characters created right at the launch of Guild Wars 2 hit their first birthdays, it’s time to introduce our first Birthday Gift! Characters that are one year old will receive a Mini Queen Jennah, a 24-hour Birthday Booster, and a Scroll of Experience.
    My account is a year old but my characters aren't.

I was seriously considering the salvage kit for the sole reason that FOR ONCE it's account bound, but then I saw that it takes money to use every time. I don't care if it's "only 3c" if I spend money/gold on something I don't feel I should keep having to feed it additional funds, it should be bought and paid for already.

Ultimately, I decided not to get it because salvaging isn't worth it. I sell salvageable items on the TP for way more than what they salvage into and I don't salvage rares because RNG hates me. I use BLSKs (of which I have a TON of from BLCs) on any soulbound exotics/rares.

As far as the upcoming sale, I might be tempted to get the Rox quiver and Braham shield. I really liked those at the time, but couldn't justify the purchases. Now I finally have enough gold to treat myself a little bit. (Thank you, Pavilion!) I thought the Halloween & Wintersday outfits were super cute, but I don't do the town clothes thing. I can't think of anything else they've had that I wanted. I would have been all over the unlimited tools if they weren't soulbound, but as an altoholic they're just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    My account is a year old but my characters aren't.
    I don't even know how that's supposed to work. My earliest characters were created sometime in September.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-08-13 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    "Now that Zhaitan is gone, i've decided to try and reopen connections with Elona"
    ANet please.
    I hope so, that would be so cool!

A lot of the topics in this thread reminds me of WoodenPotatoes' recent GW2 Mysteries video.