10+ Year Old Account

Overcap of Valor Points.

I hope I'm not the only one facing such problem. After getting all gear from ToT (except trinket) heroic, I don't know where to spend it. I'm at cap atm and have no idea what to do. Ideas:
    A) Make them Limit amount of VP Spent instead of keeping it at 3K cap.
    OR
    B) Make gear from vendors BoA so you can buy valor gear for your alts.

What's your opinion about this?

Deleted
    Why would they have to do anything? Sit on them and wait for new items, whats the big deal?

The BoA suggestion doesnt seem like a bad idea thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Why would they have to do anything? Sit on them and wait for new items, whats the big deal?

The BoA suggestion doesnt seem like a bad idea thought.
    And then you see the world first raiders capping all 11 toons they have (or more with the connected realms) to completely epic out their main on week 2 of the raid.

On topic, just save the valor. Spend it on stuff next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonedLizard View Post
    And then you see the world first raiders capping all 11 toons they have (or more with the connected realms) to completely epic out their main on week 2 of the raid.

I wish I would've known the date...

Deleted

That is true again, the BoA thingy could hit a while into the patch as they did with upgrades in that case. And only be for items bought after that patch.

The only way to spend valor next patch is on gear upgrades..
    Personally, I'm sititing at whatever valor I have (prolly will hit 3k by the patch), and if I use it - I'll use it. If I won't - I'll be one hell of a happy gamer, not having to cap for said week :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Just enjoy the fact that you don't have to do useless content just to valor cap.

Deleted
    Got full healing set and dps offset 2/2 upgraded, and im at 3k valor aswell. I need two pieces of kit every week now ^^

You can spend on timeless coin bags as well. Maybe not your thing but an option come launch day

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been sitting at 3k VP for a long time now. Oh well, next patch you can buy magic coins with it. They're pretty useless but something is always better than nothing. Might be a cool Tsulong dragon with them.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one facing such problem. After getting all gear from ToT (except trinket) heroic, I don't know where to spend it. I'm at cap atm and have no idea what to do. Ideas:
    A) Make them Limit amount of VP Spent instead of keeping it at 3K cap.
    OR
    B) Make gear from vendors BoA so you can buy valor gear for your alts.

What's your opinion about this?
    how about just remove the damned cap and let people earn what they are willing to work towards earning instead of putting an artificial wall in place to keep players with the time and wiling to put in the effort down with players who cannot or will not.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

How about just putting Justice and Valor back to what it was meant to be used for, gear fillers.

Deleted
    think i will start overcaping now ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the need to lift the cap and just cap valor spent per week. I'm not fully heroic geared, but my main set is fully 2/2 upgraded and I keep myself valor capped just in case I have a lucky loot streak the following week. I've been upgrading 2 pieces of offspec gear each week to allow me to get 1k valor the following week, which I guess is somewhat useful even though I rarely play my offspec.

Will be nice to have a valor sink outside of item upgrades and valor gear. I know there is a mount that costs 22500 coins and some other things for a lot less. Currently 500 valor for a pouch of coins, but everything I've seen says the pouches are bugged on the PTR and unable to be opened. Any word on how many coins will be in a pouch?

Here's my perspective.

1) Go into the patch with 3k

2) spend upgrades at the end of the week to get yourself to 2500 or 2k, but don't go beyond that until you get some nice heroic gear, and then regrind back to 3

Odds are, you won't get more than 2 upgrades a week anyway, but I figured I'd use it as a delayed stockpile for some heroic upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    how about just remove the damned cap and let people earn what they are willing to work towards earning instead of putting an artificial wall in place to keep players with the time and wiling to put in the effort down with players who cannot or will not.
    How about allowing Blizzard to impose limits on what they want people to be able to do? That is kind of the entire point of game development, not for customers treat them like Burger King and expect to have it their way. This game and mmos in general have always had limits imposed on various things to provide a time sink and it is more than unreasonable to expect them to lift these limits just so you can grind out best in slot gear in 2 days and log out until next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    Agree with the need to lift the cap and just cap valor spent per week. I'm not fully heroic geared, but my main set is fully 2/2 upgraded and I keep myself valor capped just in case I have a lucky loot streak the following week. I've been upgrading 2 pieces of offspec gear each week to allow me to get 1k valor the following week, which I guess is somewhat useful even though I rarely play my offspec.

Will be nice to have a valor sink outside of item upgrades and valor gear. I know there is a mount that costs 22500 coins and some other things for a lot less. Currently 500 valor for a pouch of coins, but everything I've seen says the pouches are bugged on the PTR and unable to be opened. Any word on how many coins will be in a pouch?
    So basically you just want a perception of change and not any actual real change? Ok then. I'm not sure what difference it makes whether you are capped to 1000 valor a week or if you are only allowed to spend 1000 valor a week but whatever floats your boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to ask to remove the cap when you don't consider the consequences.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And, while they're at it, make 10/25 mans separate lockouts, and heroics and normals separate lockouts.

Right?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-13 at 08:05 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So basically you just want a perception of change and not any actual real change? Ok then. I'm not sure what difference it makes whether you are capped to 1000 valor a week or if you are only allowed to spend 1000 valor a week but whatever floats your boat.
    Actually my problem is solved if the patch is dropping on the 27th. I'll be able to cap the next few weeks and upgrade some of the holy gear I have that isn't 2/2. Will still have a few pieces left to upgrade when the patch hits and a sink immediately if I have bad luck on drops. If 5.3 lasted much longer than 2 weeks I would have ended up having to buy a valor piece every week to feel like I wasn't wasting it, but that only gets me a sha crystal or 2.

If I had to make a decision about my boat it would be 1k earned per week, 3k spent, 5k cap because Boundless Conviction.