Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Exactly this.

So basically what is coming our way is:
    World of Warcraft: The Dark Below, Azshara-N'zoth-Aze'roth as the antagonists in order
    Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, Malthael - The wisdom who turned to death. (Guess it will be Malthael in D3X1 and Imperiues in D3X2 as the antagonist)
    who is Aze'roth?

'The Dark Below' could be the new name of Titan? I know Titan still has a long way to go but maybe they are trademarking it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgrip View Post
    'The Dark Below' could be the new name of Titan? I know Titan still has a long way to go but maybe they are trademarking it now.
    odd name for a stand alone mmo..... also they basically restarted Titan from the ground up and are a few years from launching

Sometimes i am really glad when I am wrong. I thought for sure it would be a D3 expansion but it looks like D3 will be Reaper of Souls. That only leaves one game for The Dark Below: WoW!

I am quite thrilled. I look forward to punching Azshara in the face and staring down more Old Gods. Should be fun! All of those people who complained that Pandaria would be too light...well get ready for some dark.

If they will announce everything on Gamescom, nothing will be left for Blizzcon, right?
    The Mists of Pandaria coming on September 25

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    If they will announce everything on Gamescom, nothing will be left for Blizzcon, right?
    Currently, there is no guarantee that all of this will be announced at Gamescom. We only know there will be a big Diablo related announcement at Gamescom. We've gotten big hints that we won't get an official confirmation on the WoW expansion until Blizzcon.

Until then, I'm thoroughly convinced and satisfied with this expansion idea. Much moreso than I was with MoP's trademark announcement.

High Overlord
    Why Azhara ? The Dark Below is the place where demons and infernals live, and sorcerers take their power from....

Quote Originally Posted by goltnum9 View Post
    Why Azhara ? The Dark Below is the place where demons and infernals live, and sorcerers take their power from....
    From WoWpedia:

RPG

The Dark Below is a place inhabited by demons, devils and infernal creatures, from where some sorcerers take their power directly and sometimes have a patron beast to foster their magic.
    RPG materials are considered non-canon, so that point is settled. The only other significant mention of it is Ozumat's title - as has been pointed out a thousand times already, I'm sure. Ozumat being Azshara's lackey makes it a perfect thematic link.

I honestly don't know how any of you thought this would be a D3 title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hey Elsa, do you wanna build a strawmaaaan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    who is Aze'roth?
    It is rather a speculation drawn from Lovecraft's work that the old gods were based on. In Lovecraft mythos there is a being named the Azathoth an eldritch deity outside the universe whose the ancestor to other elder gods.

In this family tree, Azathoth is positioned as a primordial being, and the sole parent of Nyarlathotep, the Nameless Mist and Darkness. Through these beings, Azathoth is the direct ancestor of Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, Cthulhu, Tsathoggua and many other deities.

C'thun is based on Cthulhu,
    Yogg-saron is based Shub-Niggurath,
    Y'shaarj is based on Nyarlathotep,
    N'zoth is based on Yog-Sothoth

So within the context of WoW, it is speculated that the planet Azeroth is a titan prison built around the entity Aze'roth whose manifestations are the Old Gods and over the years the Old Gods have seeped-deep into the crust of Azeroth almost fusing with it. Hence, their destruction would mean the destruction of the crust of the planet which would lead into the releasing of Aze'roth etc.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    RPG materials are considered non-canon, so that point is settled.
    I honestly don't know how any of you thought this would be a D3 title.
    So in a MMO R P G game RPG materials are considered non-canon. Haha. ty that made my day.
    I dont think anyone now thinks that its a D3 title. But this could mention also Demons and Dark Legion theme...Where is Tomb of Sargeras and Broken Isles? hmmmm

There's still hope for Legion....just maybe, something like this

"We always thought the Legion would come from the stars, but they came from deep beneath the ocean"
    (I may have been sarcastic)

Alright, that leaves this question; What new class / race / both, will be apart of this new expansion?

Its probably WoW expansion. In the throne of the tides the last boss is Ozumat <Fiend of the Dark Below>.

I haven't seen this asked so forgive me if it has... does anyone recall the zone called "undermine" that was supposed to ship with Cata? It looked like a fantastic wee city in the ocean.. is wondering if that could be the neutral city since we will all be friends after we spank Garosh!

Blademaster
    tbh I do not think that it is a diablo expansion. Why? because they are just releazing xbox/ps3 version of it

- - - Updated - - -

ah my bad http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

- - - Updated - - -

and nvm again, maybe d3 expansion reaper of souls and wow expansion the dark below

Playable Naga

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Blizzard has said a few times now that naga wouldn't work as a race, the lack of leg/feet armor and jumping animations to name a few problems.

Well, why not? Why couldn't they do something similar with the Naga as they did for the Druid races and give them an aquatic form and land form. While in aquatic environments the (playable) Naga race would have the typical naga form with some coloring/pattern variations and show off their weapons. And while on land they could look something like a cross between a Jinyu and a Night Elf. Webbed feet and fingers, scales, exposed dorsal fins, something a resemblance to what they once were, and what they are. Perhaps as a racial ability, get brief combat buff that transforms them into their naga form during fights as a sort of minor enrage, every minute or so.

There's no reason a lore couldn't be developed about a branch of Naga who no longer agreed with/followed Azshara, and as part of the mending of their ways were able to retain aspects of their original form for periods of time. As part of their conversion they agree to join the Alliance or Horde. It could really be fascinating and truly allow them to use all of the armor and mount models appropriately. As well as all the physical actions as a humanoid model. And it's not that much of a stretch from the dual forms already seen in game with the Worgen.

I guess it happens
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ARTEMIS/Desktop/970696_4557788401633_2113510904_n.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ProgRQ View Post
    I guess it happens
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ARTEMIS/Desktop/970696_4557788401633_2113510904_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Did you just try to link from your pc 0.o ????

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

OnT: I don't think we'll get any new races this expansion, but IF we are, I would put my money on Naga (Horde) and Jinyu (Alliance).
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

The Patient
    There, "Reaper of Souls" is a new link on Diablo 3 Website. That's the name of the next D3 expansion. As so many of us have repeated, the name of the D3 expansion was TM'd several months ago. Blizzard would not wait till 8 days before the announcement event to TM it very name. 2 months ahead of time is much more sensical, which makes "The Dark Below" the name of the WoW expansion about to be named 2 months from now at Blizzcon. This is an initial Trademark for a game, you don't wait till 8 days until an announcement to TM your name, you do it at least 2 months ahead of time. The only exception to this was Wrath of the Lich King, likely because Blizzard knew it would fit nothing else but a WoW expansion (not worried about someone stealing it so much) and they knew it would be a dead giveaway to a WoW expansion. "The Dark Below" is a mysterious title - not so much.

So now, can we stop this silly notion that Blizzard is just TMing the name of something that will likely be announced in 8 days??? Reaper of Souls sounds just perfect for a D3 expansion - case closed.

What "The Dark Below" could be to WoW, we can only speculate at this point.