Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hints that it could be a WoW expansion: Ra-Den hinted of a dark chasm at the bottom of an abyss, so it could be "The Dark Below". It will go back to the "dark on the surface" theme that was present in TBC/WOTLK/Cata.
    Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
    But you have earned the right to try. Farewell.
    Hints that it could be a D3 expansion: The Black Soulstone survived falling from the High Heavens, if you watched the cinematic. The old Archangel of Wisdom still wanders the wastes, so he would be a potential villain candidate when he finds out Tyrael has taken his place. Adria still exists after betraying us. All of these could be potential villains for the next expansion. We'll see at Gamescom for this one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with Aszhara and South Seas Expansion. It wasn't very dark when we quested in Vashj'ir was it?

doesn't sound very wowish to me.

The Dark Below is a place inhabited by demons, devils and infernal creatures, from where some sorcerers take their power directly and sometimes have a patron beast to foster their magic.[1]

Just found on WoWPedia, idk if it's reliable but it comes from a warcraft roleplaying game called "Warcraft: Manual of Monsters", released in 2003.

Also on WoWwiki:
    The demons from the Dark Below apparently exist apart from the Burning Legion, who reside in the Twisting Nether. The Dark Below may be another description for the "Twisting Nether", in which case these are demons of a separate faction that live within the same plane of existence. This would explain how player warlocks are able to summon demons that do not serve the Legion.

Further research shows that this is ALSO linked to Warcraft I, and to a lesser extent Warcraft II+III.

Their belief system was later revised to the philosophy of the Holy Light. The realm from which demons are summoned was originally referred to as Hell, Hades, and the underworld, as opposed to the Twisting Nether. This is not a true retcon as later sources confirm the existence of hell, although it is synonymous with the Twisting Nether, which goes by many titles. Hell as one of its names has been referenced in later sources.

In Warcraft I, and to a lesser extent Warcraft II & Warcraft III, and in the novels, Day of the Dragon specifically, the terms "hell", "hells", "Hades", "lower planes", "the underworld", "damnation",, "pit of darkness" and "Dark Below" are used in a very traditional sense.

It is still extremely possible with this many links between "The Dark Below" and the Twisting Nether that we could have a Burning Legion expansion, and theres no reason why Azshara can't also be involved in that expansion, considering her previous links to the Legion.

Blizzard may have also copyrighted this title, as a title such as "Rise of the Legion" etc, is much too obvious. This title is a bit indirect, and links to multiple things.
    Last edited by Lyrax; 2013-08-13 at 03:18 PM.

Gul'kafh an'qov N'Zoth.

There's nothing "Below" about the Twisting Nether. The Twisting Nether is Warcraft's denomination for outer space, everything that is not a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feii View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Canon

Or is it?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo it is

Totally hoping it is the new WoW expac, but most likely it is for D3, ick......

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Azshara, diablo, guys are you all mad? http://wowpedia.org/Dark_Below

OOOOooohh, nice catch there! You're getting my hopes up.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All aboard the hype train! Final stop: Blizzcon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXk8y7_qxY

Deleted
    What if i told you its possible to read the other posts in a thread before copy pasting stuff from the internet
    that has been copy pasted 400 times already in the same thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a d3 but exited nonetheless

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually fits both perfectly well.

Well played.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 expansion I guess

This is interesting....I can't make up my mind as it works with both IP's. It seems like more of a diablo title though. We shall see.....

we'll know whether it's wow related in a week or 2 i guess, seeing as it's expected they'll announce the D3 expansion at gamescon on aug 24th ish.

I thinking D3. An Azhara expansion would be cool be seems slightly limiting for an entire patch due to its mostly underwater.

Playable Naga Tinkers inc lol
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I got to agree sounds like D3, unless anybody can show evidence of a reference to that phrase exclusive to one franchise vs the other.