Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" - WoW or D3 Expansion?

Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" - WoW or D3 Expansion?
    Blizzard just trademarked "The Dark Below" and it definitely looks like it has something to do with a new game or expansion!

• Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices

It could be anything, but it could also be the next WoW expansion. With Gamescom coming up in a couple of days, we could also be looking at the name of the next Diablo 3 expansion.

In any case, it looks like it's time to jump on the speculation train until we can get our hands on more information.

Sounds like a D3 expansion.

Considering they said they'd announce something that would change things in heaven and hell and everything between them (or something like that) in Gamescon (w/e it's called).

How did I not catch this. damn it. I was just checking them. Seems like D3 though.

For me it sounds like something in common with Azshara and her Nagas. Dark Below is term sometimes used for underwater.

it's either D3, or an azshara expansion

edit: my money is on an azshara expansion
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-08-13 at 03:05 PM.

Sounds very Diabloish(?), though it could be both.

Actually, think about it. "The Dark Below" - somehow reminds me of Naga. I have a very strong feeling that this will be the next wow exp.

Time to finally kick Azsharas' ass it seems!

Sounds more D3 to me. If it was a wow expac then the name sounds like it would be an N'Zoth/Azshara effort.

I'm guessing Diablo III as well. The only way I could see it reasonably fitting WoW would be an Azjol-Nerub expansion, which would probably have a different name anyway.

Edit: Now that I've slept for the first time in days. I recall Ozumat having a title referring to the Dark Below. Interesting.
    Last edited by Treno; 2013-08-13 at 08:47 PM.

Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    I'm THINKING Diablo because of their announcement earlier that we were going to get "News from the heaven and hells" or however that was phrased.

At first I thought D3, but what Arag says makes total sense. Gonna be sad if its for WoW though, we need the dream!

New Orleans, dodging bullets
    Speculation: New WoW expansion is Azshara and N'zoth

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die

I too think it is D3 expansion. The name simply fits D3 more than WoW.

Yeah, D3 expansion. Gamescon is right around the corner and I don't think they'd announce a WoW expansion anyplace other than Blizzcon (which is November).

Azshara, diablo, guys are you all mad?

Mention of the dark below in wow lore, seems to point more to wow now!

The name is "IN YOUR FACE"-like enough to suit the morning cartoon level of storytelling in Diablo 3 for certain.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Azshara/N'zoth expansion? That would SO awesome.

But yeah, could just as likely be a D3 expansion - we'll just have to wait and see at BlizzCon I guess.