Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    where is "The List"?? We must consult "The List"!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No matter how many times I look this name over, it just doesn't sound like a Burning Legion name. It sounds more like a Naga theme, the Dark Below similar to the underwater regions where they perhaps took Neptulon, and where Azshara reigns supreme.

I'm feeling an Old God as the final boss.

As for D3, it really doesn't sound like a Diablo title. I've been wrong before, but I mean, I really don't even know what an expansion for Diablo would be about what with the lords of hell being dead and all. :/
    IMO these's a WoW expansion and is about the Nagas... why do i say so? cause we have :
    http://wowpedia.org/Ozumat

And his title is <Fiend of the Dark Below>

Ra-Den: "But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course. But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."

I'm thinking it's the next WoW expansion. They usually trademark this shit close to Blizzcon anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    It will be The Harpooner!
    Don't be silly, it's not like Blizzard would make a mog set that looks like a scuba diver ...

looks at Hunter T16

OH MY KHAZ!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Somehow I can't really see this as a Diablo 3 expansion, but I'm not much into Diablo anyway so what do I know.

WoW related however... Guess it could be either:
    1. Nazjatar, Naga, Azshara, the Great Sea, N'zoth perhaps?
    2. The underground of Azeroth
    3. This Dark Below demon related thing

I personally go with Nazjatar. If I recall correctly, it's been said that we're going back to Azeroth after MoP (yeah, not sure how that works, since Pandaria is on Azeroth...) and this Dark Below sounds like it's not on Azeroth. So that leaves the sea or the underground and I can't see what they'd really do with the underground. The sea at least got the before mentioned aspects. So my guess is that this could be something related to the Great Sea and Nazjatar. Looking forward to see what it might actually be, possibly at Gamescon. =)

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Why not? It actually makes sense to file before you announce the title - that way, you have priority over anyone else who tries to file once you announce.
    Because hundreds of people probably already know this title internally, and it'd be easy for someone who is unscrupulous to find out and do something dastardly, like register it out from under you. Blizzard like all companies invests capital in a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Deschajn View Post
    I hope for WoW, and hope it's not underwater shit ...
    I personally loved Vash and having that one underwater zone. But I know people had problems with it similar to how they had problems with Occulus.. 3d fighting is not for everyone. I think Blizzard is well aware of that and would never make an entire zone underwater again.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The theory is someone in the art department making the posters could tell a friend who "steals" the trademark; that's why you trademark months rather than weeks in advance.
    I agree, but filing before the announcement is still better than after.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Ra-Den: "But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course. But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."

I'm thinking it's the next WoW expansion. They usually trademark this shit close to Blizzcon anyways.
    Wouldn't the title be "Darkness Beneath" then?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Expect:

Isles: Broken Isles - Tomb of Sargeras, Kezan, Plunder Isle, Tel Abim, Zandalar
    The Dark Below (Which will be raises from the sea): Drowned Reaches, Gishan Caverns, Mak'ara, Nazjatar, The Rift
    Emerald Dream (Because of it's connection with Maelstrom): Eye of Ysera, Daral'nir, Rift of Aln

The theory is someone in the art department making the posters could tell a friend who "steals" the trademark; that's why you trademark months rather than weeks in advance.
    Except for the NDA that the person signed who works in the art department. After an investigation from Private Investigators, the person who trademarked it would be linked to the person in the art department, both would get sued, the person fired, and Blizzard gets the naming rights anyways because Blizzard would opt to settle out of court for the cost of turning over the trademark (and if the person resists, they just sue them literally to hell)

Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    Except for the NDA that the person signed who works in the art department. After an investigation from Private Investigators, the person who trademarked it would be linked to the person in the art department, both would get sued, the person fired, and Blizzard gets the naming rights anyways because Blizzard would opt to settle out of court for the cost of turning over the trademark (and if the person resists, they just sue them literally to hell)
    Yes, and this is why crime doesn't exist in the world, because people always follow the law.

could both be wow or d3, but sounds more likely for wow

for wow the n'zoth expansion
    for d3, yet another party with diablo, this time at his place

Yes, and this is why crime doesn't exist in the world, because people always follow the law.
    I think the point is, at the end of the day, Blizzard would get its trademark - no matter what any insiders tried to do to steal the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    Irrelevant. Someone on the outside could be told, and they have no real link to Blizzard, and they would suddenly be in possession of a trademark. You don't take chances with this when the stakes are millions of dollars, as every expansion is to Blizzard. You simply do things ahead of time.

If this is all true, this is an initial 1(b) filing. The same thing happened with the term "Mists of Pandaria" months before it was announced. It's time to do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezus View Post
    Yes, actually. You don't TM a title a few days before it going public. That just isn't how it works.
    When exactly is an appropriate time to trademark an expansion name? If this WAS warcraft related, isn't a tad irresponsible to not have a TM for Diablo, with the announcement days away?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    tbh I would love an old god themed expansion about N'zoth.
    Dream come true! I would love this!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or on a conspiracy theory aspect from IRL Azeroth is secretly a hallow world that has an interior dark world that was sealed from the Outer hundreds of thousands of years ago. The inhabitants of this Inner World worship the few remaining Old God's and they have empowered these beings to attempt to Usurp the Outer World again to reclaim what was lost eon's ago.

Just an idea...I like it

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    I think the point is, at the end of the day, Blizzard would get its trademark - no matter what any insiders tried to do to steal the mark.
    Once it's out it's out. That's the point. It'd be easier for Blizzard to come up with a new name than to fight in a couple dozen countries for the name back, regardless of how much they spent on the logo.