Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Logitech G600 or Razer Naga(2014) edition?

I have never had a Razer mouse before, as I have always used Logitech. I currently have a logitech g110 keyboard and mx 518 mouse, thus I have the software installed already. The left click is starting to fail after about 2 years, which is the reason I need to replace it. Also, the Naga is about $20 more on Amazon with a 3 to 5 week back order. The mechanical side buttons are also interesting, but not sure they are worth the extra $20.

Any suggestions for an mmo mouse?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used a Razer mouse so I cannot speak to it, but I do own, use and love my Logitech G600. I really like how it feels in my hand and I don't have any issues with hitting any of the side buttons. I think I have normal to large hands. It does take a minute to get used to the G-Shift button, but other than that, I've had no issues with it at all. 100% recommend it!
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally take a potato over any razer product, but I'm partial to Logitech as well.

Also, I'm aware of the 'left click' issue, and you can fix it if you feel like. I've done so on both my M705's (replaced the first one before finding above link, then fixed both). I do see the irony in recommending a product that I've had to fix, but I really do like Logitech, and it's about a 10 minute fix with tweezers. I just haaaaate Razer stuff. When you replace something 3 times inside warranty, you need to look elsewhere. Almost all of my Logitech stuff has lasted 5-10 years (I literally replaced the keyboard I got in 2001 just last year)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Get the G600, it is great. I switched a couple months ago from a Naga that developed the left click issue. (had it for under a year >.>)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Corsair one just looks like it'd be awkward as hell to use effectively.

I've owned a Naga and now a G600 and I've got to say the G600 side buttons are a lot easier and more comfortable to hit compared to the Naga, by far. And having a 3rd key on top for a modifier key really seals the deal for me. So I have 24 binds on my mouse I can hit with one hand and be good.

actually I looked at the corsair too, only experience I have with corsair is my pc case though. Later on I was planning on maybe adding a Nostromo(if I go Razer) or G13(if I go Logitech).

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Get the G600, it is great. I switched a couple months ago from a Naga that developed the left click issue. (had it for under a year >.>)
    If you had it for under a year why didn't you get the mouse replaced? Seems like a waste of money to me as Logitechs are also known to have a left click issue and you could have gotten a free replacement for your Razer.

On topic, the new mechanical numpad on the 2014 Naga is smaller as the buttons are closer together, they are also angled and taller than the original Naga, being mechanical they are easier to press and feel faster/more responsive with more of a click to them. The new Naga is also a lot bigger/fatter than the original and so feels very different for general use.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-08-13 at 06:49 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you had it for under a year why didn't you get the mouse replaced? Seems like a waste of money to me as Logitechs are also known to have a left click issue and you could have gotten a free replacement for your Razer.
    Because it would most likely develop the issue again down the road. I don't feel like RMA'ing a mouse every year to get a replacement.

Because it would most likely develop the issue again down the road. I don't feel like RMA'ing a mouse every year to get a replacement.
    So instead you didn't bother and wasted your money on a new mouse from a company whose mice also have the same issue? Instead of getting a free replacement? My first Naga lasted less than a year too, the replacement they provided (with no fuss or issues at all) lasted 3 years and though it currently has the occasional double click it still works (after some switch cleaning lubricant) fine.

I will never again purchase a Razer product. I've never had anything from them last more than 2 years. I had a Naga and loved it until it stopped working a year and a half in. I switched to the Logitech G600 and definitely prefer it over the Naga. I've had it for a year so far and haven't had any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So instead you didn't bother and wasted your money on a new mouse from a company whose mice also have the same issue? Instead of getting a free replacement? My first Naga lasted less than a year too, the replacement they provided (with no fuss or issues at all) lasted 3 years and though it currently has the occasional double click it still works (after some switch cleaning lubricant) fine.
    What I do with my money is none of your concern so I do not why you care so much with what I buy and what I return. I prefer Logitech over Razer now after my experience with the Naga and that's that. My personal preference and opinion, you are entitled to your own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    The Corsair one just looks like it'd be awkward as hell to use effectively.
    It's not awkward to use at all. I can of course only speak from my experience. The build quality is great, the software is not amazing but not bad by any means either. The shift key on the G600 I can definitely see as a plus if you absolutely need that many keybinds for your mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 2 razer nagas ... both left clicks started to fail after just ~6-8months ... now i am using the logitechg600, it `s an amazing mouse.
    Also i will never ever use a razor product again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    It's not awkward to use at all. I can of course only speak from my experience. The build quality is great, the software is not amazing but not bad by any means either. The shift key on the G600 I can definitely see as a plus if you absolutely need that many keybinds for your mouse.
    Yeah, I couldn't see myself using a mouse without that button there. I use my mouse for everything just about.

What I do with my money is none of your concern so I do not why you care so much with what I buy and what I return. I prefer Logitech over Razer now after my experience with the Naga and that's that. My personal preference and opinion, you are entitled to your own.
    It isn't about opinion, I don't really care which mouse you prefer. Just questioning your logic. Razer has click issue (well known) - they will replace for free. You instead replace it by purchasing a mouse from another company who are also known for the click issue.

There is not much logic in that. I get it if you want to try a new mouse, but you should atleast get your free replacement Razer and sell it off or keep it for a spare.

I'm not a Razer fanboy, I use a Logitech keyboard and a Logitech G27 wheel (£300 worth, first one broke after 2 months and I had to RMA), but their (razer) stuff is really good when it works, and they are pretty decent when it comes to replacements, I contacted them and they sorted it. My second Naga lasted 3 years of heavy gameplay before any issues developed.

Razer/Logitech stuff is good but both companies have issues with the products developing faults.

If you are not keen on cleaning your mouse buttons every 1-2 weeks, get neither..

As for g600 vs naga 2014, naga has mechanical switches as far as I know, so they (should) last for a long time, and from what I see is far better though than what the rubber dome buttons on my 2013 version. The G600 is not a bad mouse though, and it's kinda even for me with Naga 2013(I like the naga shape more).

But not many people have experience on the mechanical buttons of the new naga, so.. My advise: go find detailed rewievs on it, if they are positive, make a choice bethween mechanical vs rubber dome. Plus if you are like me, the shape matters a lot, if you don't really care abt the button type, get the 1 your hand likes^^

Also: The corsair MMO-mouse seems kinda interesting. Though haven't tried it for myself, but if it's anything like their new keyboards, it might be worth a look..
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-08-13 at 09:02 PM.

I made a comparison with the old 2009-2011 era Naga and the new 2014 Naga just a few days ago in a similar thread
    I own the new Naga and an original 2009/2010 era Naga. Differences

1. New Naga feels cheaper, a lighter and cheaper feeling (maybe not cheaper but a rougher more matte feel) plastic without the ruberised coating you usually have with Razer mice. They must have been thinking cost saving to switch from their signature coating/feel.

2. The travel on the click is shorter, this actually feels better to me, more precise and to the point, an improvement. Shape wise your fingers lay on the top of a fairly flat surface on the top of the click, instead of the old design where they sit in a finger shaped groove.

3. Size wise the new Naga is bigger, it's wider and though it isn't longer there is less of a curve to the top, so the high point at the back of the mouse is further back and then it is flatter along the mouse, so your whole hand will sit on it more, less encouraging to claw grip compared to the original Naga. The side grip is closer to the "fat/wide" grip of the Naga epic, and no changeable sides so you can't revert to the old style side. The side also has a rubber grip that works nicely where your little finger will sit.

4. Movement wise it feels the same, though it has the 8200dpi laser and slightly differently placed slide pads at the bottom (there is no ring around the whole thing but rather 3 pads, 1 at each corner at the front and another that covers the whole heel at the back. Tracking wise it feels pretty much the same as the old Naga but the surface calibration system with the new Naga definitely gives you a finer way of adjusting it, and I'd say it does feel like an improvement once calibrated.

5. Mousewheel feels very different, it isn't as wide/flat or as sturdy and is obviously part of the design to allow the mouse wheel left/right tilt clicks. The tilt click thing is awesome though and is definitely my favourite new feature.

6. The numpad feels completely different and is smaller, the buttons are closer together and are much taller with a slight angle to them. It is quite possible to press all the buttons at the same time with your thumb, I'm not used to it yet but this is the biggest change with the mouse as it feels completely different to the old numpad, the buttons are very easy to push in with an almost spring like feel and make an audible click similar to the sound of clicking the mouse. It's a very satisfying feeling to push the buttons in but I think you will be more likely to accidently push the button when you're not used to the mouse than with the old one, it is also much easier to accidently (or by purpose) push more than 1 button at once.

I will say that I liked the numpad on the original Naga, the button spacing was perfect for me and I had become very capable of using it without thinking about it, I also don't really care for mechanical keys (I don't dislike it either but It doesn't affect me either way) so I'm still unsure if the massive difference is going to be to my liking, I have to re-learn how to use it now.

7. I miss the 4/5 buttons on the side of the left click that the original Naga had, I hate the 2 buttons behind the mouse wheel and can't say I will use them, thankfully the mouse wheel tilt clicks can be assigned to that job and so I just use that instead.

It seems to me they have reduced costs on some parts to improve others (new numpad, tilt wheel and 8200dpi laser) because though I actually like the way the mouse feels it is definitely a cheaper case material to the original Naga. Razer Synapse system is very easy to use and allows a lot of flexibility, I don't think there ever was an issue here that could give an advantage to Logitech.

With that said, more time using the new Naga and I'm not sure if I like the much bigger size, going back and forth with my old one I think I actually like the smaller size. The mechanical numpad is without a doubt better when you get used to it. The wheel tilt though awesome is perhaps a little too easy to press and you can sometimes accidently do a left/right tilt when you're trying to use the middle mouse button.

Agreed that the Razer stuff is good when it works, but I've already gone through 2 different Razer keyboards in a 6-month span and have known people that have issues with buttons just not registering on the Naga. I still rock a Logitech G9x and absolutely love it still. Logitech for me, all the way, if I have an option.

I consider myself neutral when it comes to these companies, but always keep in mind that when companies do mass production of their stuff, we're bound to encounter one, or in some cases even more, of their 'lemons'. The BlackWidow I had from Razer worked perfectly fine. Been using it for a few years and just a few weeks ago I purchased a new keyboard and gave the BlackWidow to my wife, while still working. Some had their BlackWidow stops working within a week, for example.

Stuff like this happens. Always contact the company when you get an issue with their products. This will give you an idea how said company value their customers and how they stand behind their products, so that you know the next time whether it's worth spending your money on them or not.

Around 3 months ago I got myself a G600, and ended up with a lemon. Contacted Logitech and I got my new replacement within a short time. The new replacement still works perfectly and I like the mouse, but boy am I tempted to buy the Naga 2014. If I bought it and happened to be defective, I'll contact Razer and hopefully get it sorted out within a short time, as I honestly haven't tried contacting them yet.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"