Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I would be interested in joining if there is a spot available

  2. #22
    Do you guys/gals draft based on lists you created, or from the "experts"? Or do you just go in the draft and wing it?

    Celdiseth - Scarlet Crusade

    Edit- I should probably post what I do since I'm asking.

    I did some research and had a small list of players I would like to have in certain rounds. And if they aren't available, I tend to go with the gut feeling.

  3. #23
    As per other thread, I'm very interested if there is a slot available and you need another

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Monday and Tuesday are good for me. Wednesday and Thursday aren't really, neither Saturday.
    Assuming I make the cut, I'm going to be in a similar boat as xskarma. Being an Aussie, Friday and Sat US, would be my best draft days. I dont mind waking up early or what not for another day through out the week but my main concern is trying to fit it around my work schedule.

    Setting a draft time that everyone is going to be happy with might be a challenge, so I understand if that lessens my chances of getting into the league.
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-08-13 at 10:27 PM.

  4. #24
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Do you guys/gals draft based on lists you created, or from the "experts"? Or do you just go in the draft and wing it?

    Celdiseth - Scarlet Crusade

    Edit- I should probably post what I do since I'm asking.

    I did some research and had a small list of players I would like to have in certain rounds. And if they aren't available, I tend to go with the gut feeling.
    I spend the previous week doing roughly 50,000 mock drafts on ESPN so I can build a rough list of where guys are going so I can either find great value or laugh when somebody takes a kicker in the 6th round. Usually it is close to what the experts think anyways. Then I go into the draft with a rough plan which explodes in the middle of round 2 and ends up thrown away.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,530
    I have enough free time to come lose again

  6. #26
    I would love to be a part of this but depending what time the draft is I will be on the road coming back from college football opening weekend.

  7. #27
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,858
    It seems like it's going to be a nightmare trying to get an appropiate draft time, what did you guys do last year? Personally, the time/date listed in the OP is fine for me, but if it must be changed I would prefer something post 7est if it is during the week, or anytime on the weekend is fine as well. I work 9-5 during the week, but I could do the draft at work if it was absolutely necessary, assuming NFL.com's draft launcher isn't blocked (ESPNs isn't but Yahoo's is somehow).

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It seems like it's going to be a nightmare trying to get an appropiate draft time, what did you guys do last year? Personally, the time/date listed in the OP is fine for me, but if it must be changed I would prefer something post 7est if it is during the week, or anytime on the weekend is fine as well. I work 9-5 during the week, but I could do the draft at work if it was absolutely necessary, assuming NFL.com's draft launcher isn't blocked (ESPNs isn't but Yahoo's is somehow).
    Yeah it'll be a logistical nightmare.

    Once I get all the roster spots taken care of, I'll PM you with a template to enter in availability. I'll try to spreadsheet it to pick a date and time that works for the majority. Last year we only had one no-show.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah it'll be a logistical nightmare.

    Once I get all the roster spots taken care of, I'll PM you with a template to enter in availability. I'll try to spreadsheet it to pick a date and time that works for the majority. Last year we only had one no-show.
    I'm glad you are so organised Vetali... makes a nice change

  10. #30
    I'd like in, not sure if there's space now that more folks have posted here.

  11. #31
    I'm in!

    Yay for football season once again. I had the worst fantasy season of my life last year between my two leagues, so redemption time.

  12. #32
    I'm a long time lurker in the NFL thread. It looks like my previous fantasy league isn't happening this year, and would like to participate here if possible.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I spend the previous week doing roughly 50,000 mock drafts on ESPN so I can build a rough list of where guys are going so I can either find great value or laugh when somebody takes a kicker in the 6th round. Usually it is close to what the experts think anyways. Then I go into the draft with a rough plan which explodes in the middle of round 2 and ends up thrown away.

    It's funny when you plan and plan and plan and think you have the best idea going into the draft. Then someone drafts a player 2 rounds before you had them going. Or a player falls far down the draft and you're scrambling to find a reason why this is the case. Maybe it's something you missed in the last 15 minutes since you've last looked or maybe he doesn't look good in purple, you just never know. (And yes, I played with a couple females who drafted based solely on the color of the team and if the player looked good.)

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    I'm a long time lurker in the NFL thread. It looks like my previous fantasy league isn't happening this year, and would like to participate here if possible.
    Maybe there will be enough for 2 leagues!!

  15. #35
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,517
    I'll join if you have room.

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Maybe there will be enough for 2 leagues!!
    This is very much an option I was thinking of. I'll have more details tomorrow depending on how many roster slots are open.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I'll join if you have room.
    Added

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    This is very much an option I was thinking of. I'll have more details tomorrow depending on how many roster slots are open.
    14 expressions of interest and its only the first day of the thread.

    Who knew Fantasy Football was so popular :P

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd like in, not sure if there's space now that more folks have posted here.
    You get one of the open roster slots.

    Now, I've done some thinking. I have one more roster slot and a few low posters that signed up. So in order to ensure I have somewhat active people in the fantasy league, The first person to post after this saying they want that slot after this gets it.

    Sucks, but I want to ensure nobody drops off.

    What I can do, is if there is interest is hold a sign up for a 2nd fantasy team. I however will not run that one. If people from my league want to have a second one and play the other one thats fine.

    So if anybody wants to run a second one let me know, and I'll set up sign ups for that one.

  19. #39
    I'll take the slot. Thanks in advance!

  20. #40
    Lost by a minute.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •