Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draft survey 1 went out via PM.

If somebody wants to run a second league- here is how I'll handle it. Somebody has to step up to run it. I'll start a sign up thing, and throw everybody on it that wants to do it. You will be in charge of the logistics and management.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

I don't make the PM rule. If you read the OP before sign ups ended, you knew I could flex unlocked spots. Either way I'm not going to get a lawyer to write up a fantasy thread to make sure there aren't any loop holes. I wanted as many active people in the NFL thread as possible, and I'm more than sure some of those members will be disappointed they didn't get a spot because they weren't on in time. I almost made it a requirement that you had to be active in the NFL thread but decided that would be a bad idea.
    You're running the league and you have every right to setup the invite method you prefer, and invite the people you want in your league which you did. I dont know why you wouldnt just PM the people from last year asking interest, seems to me it would have saved a lot of time and heartache. I apologize if I've come across as bitter, I'm just dissapointed as I'm sure all the people who didnt make it in are. Happy to carry on the rest of this conversation in PM's if you wish.

Draft survey 1 went out via PM.

If somebody wants to run a second league- here is how I'll handle it. Somebody has to step up to run it. I'll start a sign up thing, and throw everybody on it that wants to do it. You will be in charge of the logistics and management.
    Happy to run the MMOChamp 2nd league, if you would like to edit the original post to add a 2nd league we'll do an overflow league. League size depending on interest from people, hopefully 6-10. If you could also PM the draft survey spreadsheet that would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -
    If you are willing to ammend the original post for consistancy sake, could you put myself, Mazshax and fattyy22 as the first three slots in the new league
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-08-15 at 01:36 AM.

So, with regard to the draft, I'm going to fill in the survey as essentially being "partially available" for every day other than Saturday, August 31 when I'm definitively unavailable, but for context, it'd be best for me to do it before that weekend. I have EST work times during the week before that Saturday; from that Saturday on, I'll be at a conference in the Vancouver area, so my schedule's going to be thrown wildly off, and I haven't totally settled on whether I'll have a laptop with me or not. Sorry for the potentially sketchy scheduling; if I wind up being the biggest stumbling block, I'll fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post

As for Mazshax, I feel for ya but when our posts were so close and i happened to be over the 10 count (because I asked), can you really blame the selection?
    I'm not worried about it. When I read the main post, I knew instantly that I wouldn't be getting a spot. The fact that I was the first to respond to Vetali's post was just an awesome piece of luck.

Now regarding the PM count, and you getting the selection over me: I hadn't read your post where you asked, so I honestly didn't know it was an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    You're running the league and you have every right to setup the invite method you prefer, and invite the people you want in your league which you did. I dont know why you wouldnt just PM the people from last year asking interest, seems to me it would have saved a lot of time and heartache. I apologize if I've come across as bitter, I'm just dissapointed as I'm sure all the people who didnt make it in are. Happy to carry on the rest of this conversation in PM's if you wish.

Happy to run the MMOChamp 2nd league, if you would like to edit the original post to add a 2nd league we'll do an overflow league. League size depending on interest from people, hopefully 6-10. If you could also PM the draft survey spreadsheet that would be appreciated.
    You know, I think you made me look dumb there. I should of PM'd the previous members.

I'll edit the OP, but I'm not sure if you wish to include people that previously posted. If you do, feel free to PM their names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, with regard to the draft, I'm going to fill in the survey as essentially being "partially available" for every day other than Saturday, August 31 when I'm definitively unavailable, but for context, it'd be best for me to do it before that weekend. I have EST work times during the week before that Saturday; from that Saturday on, I'll be at a conference in the Vancouver area, so my schedule's going to be thrown wildly off, and I haven't totally settled on whether I'll have a laptop with me or not. Sorry for the potentially sketchy scheduling; if I wind up being the biggest stumbling block, I'll fall out.
    Yeah, well I'll let you decide once I have some dates / time options to choose from. Obviously it'll be really hard to coordinate this.

Yeah, well I'll let you decide once I have some dates / time options to choose from. Obviously it'll be really hard to coordinate this.
    Absolutely. Going to do a Google docs spreadsheet or something along those lines once there's a few possible times set?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Absolutely. Going to do a Google docs spreadsheet or something along those lines once there's a few possible times set?
    Yeeeah thats what I'm thinking. I'll probably do something like x being names of people and y being dates that most of us can make, and then you fill in times in the cell or something.

I wish I knew how this league work <.<
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I wish I knew how this league work <.<
    Fantasy football in general?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Settings all look good. The only thing I would suggest adding is negative points for missed FGs. -2 for the 0-19 range and -1 for the 20-29 range? Something like that. Could add something for missed extra points as well I guess but it shouldn't be an issue. ESPN just does -1 point for every missed FG, but I feel that's kind of punishing for someone who tries a 63 yarder right before halftime. Other than that settings look perfect. I love that fractional points are standard on NFL because they aren't on ESPN. I hate non fractional points, it can a huge impact in close games.

Edit: I guess 6 were missed last year, more than I thought. Hauschka missed 2!
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-08-15 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Settings all look good. The only thing I would suggest adding is negative points for missed FGs. -2 for the 0-19 range and -1 for the 20-29 range? Something like that. Could add something for missed extra points as well I guess but it shouldn't be an issue. ESPN just does -1 point for every missed FG, but I feel that's kind of punishing for someone who tries a 63 yarder right before halftime. Other than that settings look perfect. I love that fractional points are standard on NFL because they aren't on ESPN. I hate non fractional points, it can a huge impact in close games.

Edit: I guess 6 were missed last year, more than I thought. Hauschka missed 2!
    I'm not sure on that. Maaaybe. Cause usually a miss at close range is a block.

Hauschka's misses were all around his maximum range. This year he doinked it at like 63 yards in the Chargers game. I think hes been training a bit. There was actually a kicker competition going on in training camp, but Hauschka has emerged as the clear winner.

Yeah sign me up if there is still room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Yeah sign me up if there is still room.
    Added .

Fantasy football in general?
    yeah /10char
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    yeah /10char
    Read through this, it should give you a good understanding of the important things: http://www.footballguys.com/06beginnersguideindex.htm

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure on that. Maaaybe. Cause usually a miss at close range is a block.

Hauschka's misses were all around his maximum range. This year he doinked it at like 63 yards in the Chargers game. I think hes been training a bit. There was actually a kicker competition going on in training camp, but Hauschka has emerged as the clear winner.
    No I meant he missed 2 extra points.

I feel like there's more missed FGs than blocked. And sometimes blocked FGs are on the kicker for not getting enough elevation on his kick early enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with everybody in the first league signed up with team names I realise I have no clue who is who. Can we get a cheat list somewhere so I know which poster is which team?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    <Diminish is my FF name (along with my wow name).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So with everybody in the first league signed up with team names I realise I have no clue who is who. Can we get a cheat list somewhere so I know which poster is which team?
    My team is Mark's Butt Interceptions, but that could possibly change if I think of something quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought if I mentioned LA in my team name it'd be a clue