Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the grading system that matters are the end of season results

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Varyk this would have been useful yesterday lol.

I got my report card. B-, 6th in the league. The n***a who didn't show up got an A+ because he took Yahoo auto picks. Piece of shit grading system.
    Yahoos rankings are about 2 weeks behind anyways.

Don't read much into whatever grade they give.

Your team could be

Rg3
    Arian Foster
    Demarco Murray
    Danny amendola
    Mike Wallace
    Rob gronkowski

And they'd probably rate it an A, when that team is actually terrible.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone else noticed that the projections on NFL.com are really weird? For instance Montee Ball is projected for 1 carry and 1 yard. I realize he's the #2, but I would bet my entire net worth that he'll get more than 1 carry. It's not like he's backing up some workhouse feature back like AP (whose backup btw, Gerhart, is projected for 50 yards).

That and the fact that they haven't adjust Andre Brown's projection yet is what I noticed, let me know if you guys see anything weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    their projections are super strange, I quickly adjusted to ignoring them

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, yeah. Jason Witten has a projection of 28 yards, and Mendenhall 15 total points...

I wish my team page told me who each player's team's opponent is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Uh, yeah. Jason Witten has a projection of 28 yards, and Mendenhall 15 total points...

I wish my team page told me who each player's team's opponent is.
    Team page itsself doesn't. If you look at the top bar and go to "Game Centre" then to sub "Matchup" then at the bottom of the screen you can select "Matchup" again and then "Position Matchups" you get to see pretty detailed head to head.

Downside is you can't make changes to your line up on that particular page.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did a couple Draft Now's on Monday morning thinking they were just mock drafts on NFL.com. Apparently I now have four fantasy teams to manage on there lol. My other two teams each have four T1-T2 RBs on them as they both have Bernard. Hell one of them has Shady McCoy, Jamaal Charles, David Wilson, Giovanni Bernard, and Ball and Hillman for the Broncos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I did a couple Draft Now's on Monday morning thinking they were just mock drafts on NFL.com. Apparently I now have four fantasy teams to manage on there lol. My other two teams each have four T1-T2 RBs on them as they both have Bernard. Hell one of them has Shady McCoy, Jamaal Charles, David Wilson, Giovanni Bernard, and Ball and Hillman for the Broncos.
    Hahaha. I almost did that after signing up for MMO-C, while checking out the site.

I'm torn a bit in maybe taking on a second league or not. I loved doing the draft, creating a team, and right now pondering what I should do to get the best possible gus active on my roster so I can get the win. I'm pretty sure that it's actually kinda wasteful to put so much time into this and only run 1 league. I could probably easily run 1 or 2 more with the same amount of effort it now takes me to stay up to date on everything.

On the downside of that, this is my first time, and I want to make this experience be meaningful and fun. If I took on 2 more leagues it'd too easily just become just "1 of my leagues". I don't want that, tbh, I want this to be special, even if only a little bit.

Point I'm now mostly debating is if this league on MMO-C will not be special anyway cause I actually know most of you guys from posting here and that taking on a second league won't be less focused on anyway cause I have little to chat about it with people.

If anyone has an idea on how they'd handle this, I'd love to hear it before I make my decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hahaha. I almost did that after signing up for MMO-C, while checking out the site.

I'm torn a bit in maybe taking on a second league or not. I loved doing the draft, creating a team, and right now pondering what I should do to get the best possible gus active on my roster so I can get the win. I'm pretty sure that it's actually kinda wasteful to put so much time into this and only run 1 league. I could probably easily run 1 or 2 more with the same amount of effort it now takes me to stay up to date on everything.

On the downside of that, this is my first time, and I want to make this experience be meaningful and fun. If I took on 2 more leagues it'd too easily just become just "1 of my leagues". I don't want that, tbh, I want this to be special, even if only a little bit.

Point I'm now mostly debating is if this league on MMO-C will not be special anyway cause I actually know most of you guys from posting here and that taking on a second league won't be less focused on anyway cause I have little to chat about it with people.

If anyone has an idea on how they'd handle this, I'd love to hear it before I make my decision.
    I have six teams this year, two weekly pickems, the NFL perfect team challenge, and a survival football team. I'm guessing you know my answer to that question. Its always nice to have at least one alternate team where you try not to draft the same guys you have on your main team just in case you lose a couple big names on one team you still have something to look forward to rather than just throwing in the towel on fantasy for the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    just in case you lose a couple big names on one team you still have something to look forward to rather than just throwing in the towel on fantasy for the year.
    That's actually a damn good reason. Had not thought of that, or at least not in relation to having more teams. If 1 of my starters goes down I'm gimped, if 2 of the same position get hurt it's basically game over. It would be very nice to continue playing FF and have fun with it even if 1 of my teams is basically just fighting to not lose every match up.

I'll probably get another team somewhere today/early tomorrow now. Good advice.

I'll give you the best advice.

Right after you tell me what to do. I got this email and was like wtf I didn't recognize the names, but it's from MMO league.

Jared Cook (TE - STL)
    Anquan Boldin (WR - SF)
    Kenbrell Thompkins (WR - NE)

For my Roddy White.

What do.

"We need to know the rest of your team to help you out f*g."

Go look on like page 13 or something lol. Well I think it's a bad trade maybe.

ANYWAY. Xxskarma the most fun you'll ever have is a league you bet money on, especially if its connected to people you know. Adding extra teams/joining more leagues is sort of annoying for me, in that I lose excitement from having more teams. More teams means I focus less on the important league(s) and my attention is scattered. I personally don't like it. I like to have one or maybe two set leagues and give it my all there.

But as I was saying, the best leagues are the ones you bet in. I mean, for instance if you win this MMO league, everyone gives you a pat on the back or says they'll get you next year, but so what. Just as equally if you fail at the league, who cares. We're not gonna suddenly see you as a scrub who could never manage a sports team. (We'll just disregard anything you ever say in the sports thread and call you bad.) But when there's money at stake, there's an incentive to win. It's not just about some stupid fucking bragging rights that people will brush off with their ego and make excuses about: you actually have something in your hand to show you're the man.

In that draft I was panicking about yesterday, this guy specifically said he was watching my every move, and even though I don't know him personally (he's my dads friend or family or some shit), it was exciting. Because I played with this guy before in a fantasy basketball league and I raped everyone, this guy straight up said "I know -my name- is going for this money." The excitement to crush these guys are amazing. And also the pressure was high since I don't watch/know any football, yet this guy knew I was pro from my knowledge of basketball.

So my words of wisdom: if you want to join more leagues, go ahead, but the best leagues are ones bet for with money, where you play with people you know you'll see again for fantasy next year. (Not these MMO people, no one remembers/cares. I'm talking tight knit select group/few.)
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-09-05 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'll give you the best advice.

Right after you tell me what to do. I got this email and was like wtf I didn't recognize the names, but it's from MMO league.

Jared Cook (TE - STL)
    Anquan Boldin (WR - SF)
    Kenbrell Thompkins (WR - NE)

For my Roddy White.

What do.

"We need to know the rest of your team to help you out f*g."

Go look on like page 13 or something lol. Well I think it's a bad trade maybe.

ANYWAY. Xxskarma the most fun you'll ever have is a league you bet money on, especially if its connected to people you know. Adding extra teams/joining more leagues is sort of annoying for me, in that I lose excitement from having more teams. More teams means I focus less on the important league(s) and my attention is scattered. I personally don't like it. I like to have one or maybe two set leagues and give it my all there.

But as I was saying, the best leagues are the ones you bet in. I mean, for instance if you win this MMO league, everyone gives you a pat on the back or says they'll get you next year, but so what. Just as equally if you fail at the league, who cares. We're not gonna suddenly see you as a scrub who could never manage a sports team. (We'll just disregard anything you ever say in the sports thread and call you bad.) But when there's money at stake, there's an incentive to win. It's not just about some stupid fucking bragging rights that people will brush off with their ego and make excuses about: you actually have something in your hand to show you're the man.

In that draft I was panicking about yesterday, this guy specifically said he was watching my every move, and even though I don't know him personally (he's my dads friend or family or some shit), it was exciting. Because I played with this guy before in a fantasy basketball league and I raped everyone, this guy straight up said "I know -my name- is going for this money." The excitement to crush these guys are amazing. And also the pressure was high since I don't watch/know any football, yet this guy knew I was pro from my knowledge of basketball.

So my words of wisdom: if you want to join more leagues, go ahead, but the best leagues are ones bet for with money, where you play with people you know you'll see again for fantasy next year. (Not these MMO people, no one remembers/cares. I'm talking tight knit select group/few.)
    My advice: That trade is a straight ripoff. Nothing more to say about it. Roddy White is a top 15 WR, with a reliable QB (that you also have on your team). He's money. What they are offering is trash and bit players, who will likely be flex options at best

Your advice: Would be helpful if I were actually in a place where people pay any attention to American Football. Unfortunately I'm in the Netherlands (In Europe), with a loving, but sport-shunning family that have pretty much given up on trying to keep up with my fascination for it.

So yeah, betting money on it with people I'd meet here is impossible, regardless the fact I HATE wagering. The stress from having to get it right just gets to me and I lose all sense of fun.

Anyway, completely against my expectations the Hearthstone beta test in EU has gotten underway this night/last night, so I've actually got a whole different problem right now, in trying to find enough time in the day to do everything I need to do while simultaneously also spending all my time playing HS. It's a complex problem I will probably need a time machine with.

I'll look at things tomorrow/when I wake up to see if I can get Hearthstone out of my system before dinner, so I can do a draft for a second team after dinner and then watch the Ravens-Broncos game some time after that (while playing more Hearthstone). This is the plan, at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    My advice: That trade is a straight ripoff. Nothing more to say about it. Roddy White is a top 15 WR, with a reliable QB (that you also have on your team). He's money. What they are offering is trash and bit players, who will likely be flex options at best
    This. There is no return value for you in that trade. Roddy White is an upper tier WR. Nothing you are getting back would be more than a WR3/Flex or bench guy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, time for the who to start discussions. I was wrong on virtually every one of these last year (I had Doug Martin on my bench for his back-to-back 30 and 50 point games).

Montee Ball, Mike Williams, or Tavon Austin?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Ok, time for the who to start discussions. I was wrong on virtually every one of these last year (I had Doug Martin on my bench for his back-to-back 30 and 50 point games).

Montee Ball, Mike Williams, or Tavon Austin?
    Assuming this means for your flex spot? Mike Williams or Tavon Austin for sure. Ball is technically the 2nd back on the depth chart and they are facing the Ravens so scratch him. Mike Williams is going up against the woeful Jets so that shouldn't be a bad option. St Louis is facing Arizona who also has a questionable secondary, but still better than the Jets. I'd lean towards Mike Williams because he is more of a known quantity right now than Austin or Ball.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming this means for your flex spot? Mike Williams or Tavon Austin for sure. Ball is technically the 2nd back on the depth chart and they are facing the Ravens so scratch him. Mike Williams is going up against the woeful Jets so that shouldn't be a bad option. St Louis is facing Arizona who also has a questionable secondary, but still better than the Jets. I'd lean towards Mike Williams because he is more of a known quantity right now than Austin or Ball.
    Yeah, I just have this bad feeling that even know Ball is the depth chart #2, he will still lead the team in carries and get the goal line carries. I should have mentioned that this is for a PPR league, .1 points for rushing attempts and 1 for receptions.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-09-05 at 05:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah, I just have this bad feeling that even know Ball is the depth chart #2, he will still lead the team in carries and get the goal line carries. I should have mentioned that this is for a PPR league, .1 points for rushing attempts and 1 for receptions.
    PPR makes me lean slightly more towards Austin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, did an instant draft for a second league, and I came away with pretty good haul, I feel:

QB: Matt Ryan, Stafford
    RB: Doug Martin, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Bryce Brown, Ben Tate
    WR: Dez Bryant, Cruz, Dwayne Bowe, TY Hilton, Chris Givens
    TE: Witten
    K: Bullock (texans)
    DEF: Bucs

Pretty happy with it. Avoided taking people from my first league when I could, except Lamar Miller, cause there was nothing on RB left at that point and I needed a good flex guy, mostly cause my RB2 and WR2 are both on the Giants and share bye week.

I took Stafford pretty high, for a back up, but I felt he might be decent trade bait if there's an injury early, and I need someone on my team. Hope I won't need him for that, but never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    but I felt he might be decent trade bait if there's an injury early
    Now you know why I took Dalton early.

15+ Year Old Account
    Percy Harvin tweeted he is aiming to return in week 7 when he can come off PUP. I promptly added him to 5 fantasy teams lol.