Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So I think it is safe to assume I am going to win the week one matchup in the 2nd fantasy league. Only have 62 points from my QB, RB, and Def...
    Oops... Guess when the rest of your team does crap and seemingly everyone on the other team scores 20 points, even a legendary fantasy performance isn't enough to win. Jason Witten actually scored TDs. Witten never scores multiple TDs and barely scores in general.

  2. #402
    Well, I am getting murdered this week. I made some bad personnel decisions apparently. In my main league, Cruz pretty much fucked me as well. I'm now up by like 6 and my opponent still has Shady and Houston's kicker. If Andy Reid were still alive, I might have hope that he would forget running the ball was legal and McCoy would get 4 points on 3 touches. I hate fantasy football.

  3. #403
    I need either 107 yards or 47 yards and a TD from Alfred Morris to get a win tonight. I think I'm good with that.

    In my other league, I need Danny Woodhead to not score. At all.

  4. #404
    So, when do you normally start making changes for the next week to your team? I noticed I can allready set my line up for next week, but when can I start adding/dropping players and such? I assume you can't do that while there's still games being played. I'd love to look for a better RB then Lamar Miller for instance.

    I'm a bit vague on the procedure anyway. Once a certain time starts and we can add/drop players is it just a free for all, first come, first serve or is there some method to the madness? I know there's a waiver wire, but from what I could tell that's only for players people have dropped. I have the inkling of a feeling the waiver wire is involved in the add/drop process, but what order does it go by then?

    Hmm since this post is a bit ranty, the tl;dr:

    - When can I start to add/drop players?
    - Does the waiver wire come into this?
    - If so, how does the order of the waiver wire get decided?
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  5. #405
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, when do you normally start making changes for the next week to your team? I noticed I can allready set my line up for next week, but when can I start adding/dropping players and such? I assume you can't do that while there's still games being played. I'd love to look for a better RB then Lamar Miller for instance.

    I'm a bit vague on the procedure anyway. Once a certain time starts and we can add/drop players is it just a free for all, first come, first serve or is there some method to the madness? I know there's a waiver wire, but from what I could tell that's only for players people have dropped. I have the inkling of a feeling the waiver wire is involved in the add/drop process, but what order does it go by then?

    Hmm since this post is a bit ranty, the tl;dr:

    - When can I start to add/drop players?
    - Does the waiver wire come into this?
    - If so, how does the order of the waiver wire get decided?
    Usually you can start to add/drop players after the monday night game is over.

    Team with the most wins gets the least priority on the waivers, so if somebody else wants the same player as you, but have less wins, they will get him.

    On week 1 I think it goes by most points instead of most wins, but i'm not sure.

    Words to live by.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Usually you can start to add/drop players after the monday night game is over.

    Team with the most wins gets the least priority on the waivers, so if somebody else wants the same player as you, but have less wins, they will get him.

    On week 1 I think it goes by most points instead of most wins, but i'm not sure.
    Allright, thanks! And how long do you normally have to make moves before you lose your place? Wasn't planning to stay up to watch the late Monday game, as that starts about 4:20 am my time. :| I'm going to assume it will probably be long enough for me to get out of bed Tuesday and make some informed decisions though. I'm guessing these things might be league dependent, maybe Vetali knows what settings we had for our league.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Think I found it in the settings:

    Waiver Period
    2 days

    Waiver Type
    Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings


    Not sure what the Waiver period means though, the period in which we can make waiver transactions (after which it's free for all), or the period we have to complete our place in the waiver rankings before we lose out turn. If the latter then someone who wants/needs to make more then 1 transaction will constantly have to wait a few days for the next transaction, cause people not making transactions have not used their place in the waiver and are still in their 2 day waiver period.

    Pretty confusing stuff.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  7. #407
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,075
    Once the week's games are finished and the standings are updated, which is usually very early Tuesday morning, the waiver order will be updated which is the direct inverse of the standings (first W/L record, then total points for tie breakers). If you want to pick up multiple players you will have to set a priority ranking to determine who you want the system to try and pick up first, because you'll have to wait for the waiver process to go through the rest of the teams after your first pick up (or attempted pick up) before you can pick up a 2nd player.

    Once waiver claims go through (usually early wednesday morning), players immediately become Free Agents, meaning you can add/drop freely from anyone available. The available players will not go on waivers again until they play their game for that week. So for instance if your kicker gets hurt on Monday before his game that night, you can go instantly pick up his backup and drop the injured kicker and slot him into your starting lineup. Once your players play their game for that week, they become undroppable until the waiver process begins, meaning if someone has a really awesome game on Thursday night and he's not owned by anyone, you could put in a *very* early claim for that player on Friday or Saturday, but unless the player you pick to drop is on their bye week, the waiver claim will get cleared when the player's game kicks off and you will have to re enter the claim when the week ends.

    I think that covers about everything waiver related. I know, it's way too long.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure what the Waiver period means though, the period in which we can make waiver transactions (after which it's free for all), or the period we have to complete our place in the waiver rankings before we lose out turn. If the latter then someone who wants/needs to make more then 1 transaction will constantly have to wait a few days for the next transaction, cause people not making transactions have not used their place in the waiver and are still in their 2 day waiver period.

    Pretty confusing stuff.
    The waiver period is the time you have to attempt to add players before they become free agents where anyone can pick them up at any time. Once the period ends, say 3AM Thursday morning, the system will automatically calculate all of the waiver claims and immediately assign the players to the appropiate teams based on the waiver order. If multiple people are added during the waiver period by teams the waiver order will just continue on down the chain, 1 through 12, then back to 1 to start over, etc.

    Having the #1 waiver priority early on is usually a very good thing, depending on circumstances. Teams last year who lost their first couple games were able to pick up Alfred Morris with the #1 waiver priority, among others who Im probably forgetting.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-09-09 at 04:12 PM.

  8. #408
    Thanks a lot, that's a comprehensive explanation. Why the F doesn't NFL.com have such a thing where I can easily find it. :|
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  9. #409
    Damn Reggie Bush stealing all the glory from Megatron. I need a year like last year for Calvin

  10. #410
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Ehh Dez F'n Bryant only gave me 2 points or something lame. I'll lose because of P.Manning but WTF 2 points from Dez I still got one player left but it's not going to matter he isn't going to score 25 points lol.
    Yeah wasn't buying the Dez Bryant hype this year. Even though its the first game, I don't see him putting up insane fantasy numbers.

    Bills play the Panthers then the Jets... really debating on trading CJ Spiller.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah wasn't buying the Dez Bryant hype this year. Even though its the first game, I don't see him putting up insane fantasy numbers.

    Bills play the Panthers then the Jets... really debating on trading CJ Spiller.
    Meh, Spiller is okay, NE isn't bad against the run and had their eye on him to not get beat by Spiller, but make Manuel beat them. And then who'd you get in return for RB, cause I doubt there's much out there still. Unless you want to trade for my Lamar Miller, then I'll gladly take you up on that offer.

    I think Spiller is definitely a case where you don't panic after the first week. Calvin Johnson only put up 3.70 points as well, and you wouldn't debate trading him, would you?
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  12. #412
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah wasn't buying the Dez Bryant hype this year. Even though its the first game, I don't see him putting up insane fantasy numbers.

    Bills play the Panthers then the Jets... really debating on trading CJ Spiller.
    Honestly, I wasn't nearly as high on Spiller as everyone else was. The biggest reason being that Fred Jackson was still on the team. You know they weren't going to ignore him completely, 5-7 carries a game I was guessing, but it ended up worse yesterday as he got 13; Also he had 5 targets in the passing game, only 1 fewer than Spiller. And there's a decent chance they give him the goaline carries as well. Spiller's monter numbers last year came in games where Jackson was either inactive or severely limited. Spiller is obviously still a great RB to have, he can hit the homerun any time and give you some monster games, but I don't think he's as valuable as a Lesean McCoy or Alfred Morris, guys who are unquestioned feature backs who will get the most (if not all) of the carries, including those on the goal line. Spiller also has a pretty annoying injury history, and with a quality backup behind him, they won't hesitate to pull the plug on him for a few games.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-09-09 at 06:06 PM.

  13. #413
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Ehh Dez F'n Bryant only gave me 2 points or something lame. I'll lose because of P.Manning but WTF 2 points from Dez I still got one player left but it's not going to matter he isn't going to score 25 points lol.
    Well, he got hurt. Not sure on his status though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I need either 107 yards or 47 yards and a TD from Alfred Morris to get a win tonight. I think I'm good with that.
    You got lucky, my WR's sucked. But I'm scared a little, because I know Morris can get those points. And he's playing the Eagles, so ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, when do you normally start making changes for the next week to your team? I noticed I can allready set my line up for next week, but when can I start adding/dropping players and such? I assume you can't do that while there's still games being played. I'd love to look for a better RB then Lamar Miller for instance.


    - When can I start to add/drop players?
    - Does the waiver wire come into this?
    - If so, how does the order of the waiver wire get decided?
    I know that you can set up your roster for the next week whenever you want. Hell, you can set up week 16 rosters right now if you want.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  14. #414
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Meh, Spiller is okay, NE isn't bad against the run and had their eye on him to not get beat by Spiller, but make Manuel beat them. And then who'd you get in return for RB, cause I doubt there's much out there still. Unless you want to trade for my Lamar Miller, then I'll gladly take you up on that offer.

    I think Spiller is definitely a case where you don't panic after the first week. Calvin Johnson only put up 3.70 points as well, and you wouldn't debate trading him, would you?
    There is a bit of a difference for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Honestly, I wasn't nearly as high on Spiller as everyone else was. The biggest reason being that Fred Jackson was still on the team. You know they weren't going to ignore him completely, 5-7 carries a game I was guessing, but it ended up worse yesterday as he got 13; Also he had 5 targets in the passing game, only 1 fewer than Spiller. And there's a decent chance they give him the goaline carries as well. Spiller's monter numbers last year came in games where Jackson was either inactive or severely limited. Spiller is obviously still a great RB to have, he can hit the homerun any time and give you some monster games, but I don't think he's as valuable as a Lesean McCoy or Alfred Morris, guys who are unquestioned feature backs who will get the most (if not all) of the carries, including those on the goal line. Spiller also has a pretty annoying injury history, and with a quality backup behind him, they won't hesitate to pull the plug on him for a few games.
    Yeah I bought into the hype that when the bills said they would feed him until he puked would be true. I guess it was, they fed him till he puked up a football. The little I saw of the game, it looked like their O line was getting pushed around a lot. Carolina's D line ain't a joke. Peyton wont save my ass next week because no way hes gonna floor it against his brother unlike vs the Ravens this week. Boldin wont have a great game either next week.

  15. #415
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    Damn Reggie Bush stealing all the glory from Megatron. I need a year like last year for Calvin
    Megatron was about an inch from adding a TD and a bunch of extra yards to his stats at least. Imagine Clavin's year last year if Stafford had actually thrown TDs to him. It would have been insane. He ended up with 5 TDs last year afaik and should have had several more if Stafford hadn't went nuclear in the red zone all season.

  16. #416
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, he got hurt. Not sure on his status though.
    He didn't get hurt till the fourth quarter he should have had more then 2.5 points.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Megatron was about an inch from adding a TD and a bunch of extra yards to his stats at least. Imagine Clavin's year last year if Stafford had actually thrown TDs to him. It would have been insane. He ended up with 5 TDs last year afaik and should have had several more if Stafford hadn't went nuclear in the red zone all season.
    Yeah and he actually had 2 TD's overturned from replay I believe. Hopefully Bush actually opens things up down field for Johnson though.

  18. #418
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    Yeah and he actually had 2 TD's overturned from replay I believe. Hopefully Bush actually opens things up down field for Johnson though.
    Ya he should be a big help in pulling off the safety blanket. Burleson actually showed up yesterday too. If Broyles comes back healthy and produces that can only add even more potential to Megatron.

  19. #419
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,075
    All the Lions fans are compariing Cruz's 2nd TD to the one major one that Calvin had overturned yesterday and I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever been so uncertain about the correct call before in an NFL play. Here is a short video that showws both plays:



    I think without question Cruz's is a touchdown. But I'm really on the fence about Calvin's. He clearly possesses the ball as both feet hit the ground, then as he lunges across the goal line he still is in possession (he doesn't lose possession until after he hits the ground). Mike Pereira tweeted that Victor had completed the catch before lunging to the goal line and Calvin had not, whch I'm not sure about.

  20. #420
    I had not seen any video of Calvin's overturned one before that video you linked Stommped. From that it seems to me that Johnson definitely has possession when the ball crosses the goal line. His knee was even down before the ground caused him to lose possession of the ball. I actually feel opposite from you that Cruz had less possesion of the ball before it hit the ground and it also looks like his elbow was down before the ball crossed the goal line as well. But hey the ref's messed some shit up this weekend just ask the Packers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •