Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that should be a TD for Megatron for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-for-patriots

FML Vereen hurt, out a few weeks. That's my flex spot back to Lamar Miller >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    I had not seen any video of Calvin's overturned one before that video you linked Stommped. From that it seems to me that Johnson definitely has possession when the ball crosses the goal line. His knee was even down before the ground caused him to lose possession of the ball. I actually feel opposite from you that Cruz had less possesion of the ball before it hit the ground and it also looks like his elbow was down before the ball crossed the goal line as well. But hey the ref's messed some shit up this weekend just ask the Packers.
    I've 100% given up on trying to understand the NFL possession rules on receptions. They simply don't make a lick of fucking sense. The "football action" portion of the rule fluctuates based on the crew working the game. I can remember last year that stretching the ball out, like Calvin is doing, was considered a football action and completed possession of the catch. If it is logically a catch, then it should be a fucking catch. Calvin clearly had possession of the ball. So did Cruz. Why are the possession rules for receivers and running backs so different? If a running back stretches the ball over the line, play is over. Doesn't matter if the ball hits a helmet and shoots 20 yards into the air like happened to Bell for Detroit yesterday, it is a TD. If the receiver has clear control of the ball like Cruz and Johnson both do, why is it not over as soon as they cross the goal line. I can understand possession needing to be secured if caught in the end zone, but if caught in the field of play and the action of the catch takes you across the goal line, shouldn't it be a freaking touchdown?

I wasn't even talking about this play above lol. Earlier in the game Johnson caught a TD and his toe came down on the line so he could have had two TDs yesterday. Seems like this stuff always happens to him and it absolutely never goes in favor of the Lions. Similar stuff happened last year. Couple years ago there was the TD where he caught the ball, landed on both feet, landed on his ass, then left the ball on the ground as he was standing up and they called it incomplete. The NFL needs to fix their shotty catch interpretation rules and drop the whole "football action" nonsense since no one defines it the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    FML Vereen hurt, out a few weeks. That's my flex spot back to Lamar Miller >.<
    I assume there is no way Miller can have another week like this one. I haven't seen all his carries from this week, but surely the Fins O-line is good enough to produced solid production like they did in the offseason right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I assume there is no way Miller can have another week like this one. I haven't seen all his carries from this week, but surely the Fins O-line is good enough to produced solid production like they did in the offseason right?
    Dolphins O-line is terrible from what I heard, it's their main problem, I feel. They lost Long on the left side, for one thing, and there were other problems. Not sure how good teh Browns front 7 is, but apparently good enough to not get them much on the ground. Since I've not heard about the Browns being good against the run, I'm going to assume Miami is just terrible in opening holes.

Wow Eagles had a monster game... Offense looked great. McCoy, DeSean and Vick were firing on all cylinders. Tough to keep up that pace the whole season though!

As an eagles fan that was an exciting game to watch. It made me going 0 and 3 in week 1 tolerable :P

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why you don't post before the game is over......

Great come back by the Redskins... Coming right down to the wire
    Last edited by Alae; 2013-09-10 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming down to the wire here with Morris.

Amendola might be out Thursday. Shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Hahaha, indeed. Win with 1 point difference, that's pretty good.

Vereen is allready out, if Amendola isn't ready to go either then I have no clue what the Pats will do on offence. Forgive me if your fantasy troubles in that case leave me cold.

Down to the wire for my League 1 matchup. Up by 4 with noone left up against Texans Defense

Half time and lets hope Rivers doesnt revert. Go Chargers?
    Last edited by Celdiseth; 2013-09-10 at 03:54 AM.

I got destroyed in MMO2.

In my real league though I had 2nd highest in points, which was 9 over my opponent who had the third highest in points (and had #1 draft pick). Shit was close.

First person in points was Peyton's team lol.

I hate you Chargers. I hate you so much.

If there are no score changes. Fuzzy Bunny Slippers 101.72, Mark's Butt Interceptions 101.50
    Last edited by Celdiseth; 2013-09-10 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hahaha, indeed. Win with 1 point difference, that's pretty good.

Vereen is allready out, if Amendola isn't ready to go either then I have no clue what the Pats will do on offence. Forgive me if your fantasy troubles in that case leave me cold.
    Oh, did I also mention that my other receiver is Roddy White, who is still hurt? I'm fucked. I got Eric Decker, and James Jones who didn't get a single point.

Oh, did I also mention that my other receiver is Roddy White, who is still hurt? I'm fucked. I got Eric Decker, and James Jones who didn't get a single point.
    I also have Jones in at least one league. What was really worrying about that wasn't the bad game, those happen. It's that GB throw almost 40 times and Jones was only targeted once or twice. He's barely an option in that offense. Drop time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I also have Jones in at least one league. What was really worrying about that wasn't the bad game, those happen. It's that GB throw almost 40 times and Jones was only targeted once or twice. He's barely an option in that offense. Drop time.
    I had Justin Blackmon sitting around, so I went for dropping him instead. Maybe Jones revs up. Either way, I needed a new WR.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scored 120 points and still lost lame

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I lost by .22 points in one of our leagues. Thanks Houston's defense for somehow letting a receiverless team score 28 points. 3-2 in fantasy this week. Meh. At least my Pickem is kicking ass on Yahoo. 14-2 in NFL this week tied for 279th place. 31-14 against the spread in college for the 93rd percentile.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    I hate you Chargers. I hate you so much.

If there are no score changes. Fuzzy Bunny Slippers 101.72, Mark's Butt Interceptions 101.50
    Awesomely close.

10+ Year Old Account
    so RG3 is projected to score 36 points against me next week, NFL.com projections are interesting

Yeah, I kept sitting here yelling that they should run a screen. Ah well.

- - - Updated - - -

Amendola? Hurt? Say it ain't so! That's not the Amendola I know!

I had a blowout win in MMO2. Down by 15 going into Monday, with Morris and McCoy on my team, they combined for almost 35 points!

Unfortunately I was playing against McCoy in my other league, which set the stage for some high drama, as I went into the Houston/SD game up by ten. I had Owen Daniels and my opponent had Andre Johnson. This is a PPR league, so the final points for those two players were something like 23 and 25 respectively. I was really worried that Daniels would have a crappy one catch performance like he seems to often do, but he was actually the go-to guy on TD passes, so I pulled out the win even with Johnson's crazy numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Amendola? Hurt? Say it ain't so! That's not the Amendola I know!
    Your sarcasm is trying to become it's own sentient being, it's so lively.

I finished the week 8th out of 10, and I'm up against Spectral, who ended up 9th out of 10. The silver lining here is that one of us will at least be at .500 this year for 1 week. xD

Tried to add a player through the Waiver. I'm kinda wondering if NFL.com keeps track off who I add first (and find a higher priority) if I decide to add/drop other players on my roster. I'd like to get the person I'm targeting, but if someone takes him before me I'd like to at least get a chance at another guy, maybe. So far can't tell if NFL.com takes into account the order in which I want to add/drop people anywhere, so I know for sure my 1 guy is my main target, followed by the other guy.

Trouble is my main weakness seems to be my 3 main RB's, but there's nothing to get off the waiver in that regard. (or at least noone that I'd consider better then what I have.) I guess I'll just watch and see what happens in week 2, and pray they show more then 4.5 + 7.7 (+1).

Maybe I'll get lucky and BenJarvis Green-Ellis goes down, and Bernard suddenly becomes no.1 RB material.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    I had a blowout win in MMO2. Down by 15 going into Monday, with Morris and McCoy on my team, they combined for almost 35 points!

Help me pick my team in my signature this week guys. I think RBs and WRs are set, unless you know of injuries. But which QB? And do I need a new defense? Should I switch some positions around or drop people or shit? I kind of want a new TE lol///