Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What do you guys think? Should I be crying right now? Nervous? Suicidal? Happy?

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically in MMO2 I'm destroying "Hernandez Piston Offense."

- - - Updated - - -

WHY SAN FRANCISCO DEFENSE WHY?! Nooo.

Deleted
    So you guys mind if i ask for some fantasy advice here for my team in a different league, as it's my first time ever doing this, and being the only Brit in my league means i gotta do well for bragging rights, think i am doing pretty well, hopefully will get to 4-1 tonight as i need a combined 20 pts from Gore and Ryan to get the w

So

12 Team league, no ppr

QBs Matt Ryan/Alex Smith

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Eddie Lacey, James Starks and Danny Woodhead

WRs Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Cecil Shorts, Ted Ginn, Golden Tate, Emannuel Sanders

TE Jordan Cameron

K and D i change on matchups if i can

Was thinking of dropping Sanders and picking up a different wideout, any other suggestions for me on possible players to drop, ofc depending on who is avaliable

Halftime and San Fran still has 30 defense points for this guy.

I might as well just kill myself now. Score is him 163 me 121. Now way Julio Jones + Bilal Powell are gonna combine to beat that tomorrow. I'd have to suck some serious dick and get lucky and buy some people off to make that happen.

But I wanted 5-0. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Julio jones and Bilal Powell have to combine for 37 tomorrow or I lose.

Oh my god someone loan me some rope and a chair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Looking at the top fantasy players, I see Philip Rivers at number three. I can't wait for this weekend. Since I'm starting him this week, he'll do absolute shit.
    Well, I won, but I was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost, again, in the MMO-C league 1. I'm just a free win for people right now I think. The people I have on my team are just not consistent performers it seems. They'll get big nights (often when I have them on my bench for not performing) but 1 big night every 4 weeks won't win me any fantasy games.

It's been 1 long valuable lesson so far on how to play FF. I've discovered that much of it is luck (Welker, Fred Jackson etc.) but much of it is also looking at football differently then from a normal game perspective.

A guy like AJ. Green, while a fantastic reciever IRL, has the problem of disappearing for whole stretches, cause he has Andy freaking Dalton throwing him the ball, and he just isn't targeted as often as he would be with a better QB throwing him the ball. AJ. Green is a fantastic football player, but wildly inconsistent as a Fantasy option (28, 4, 10, 5, 6 points over the season). I took him before Bryant, Marshall, and Julio Jones in the draft because i expected teh Bengals to be good, and I pretty much equated a team doing well with people on that team getting a lot of fantasy points. Turns out it doesn't exactly work like that, and you can have fantastic fantasy options on bad teams (Fred Jackson), and terrible ones on great teams (Tom Brady, to name just 1).

I guess the lesson has been that I should get more knowledge about which players are good in fantasy, not which players are good at the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, looking at league 1 overall though, Conscript is below me, still winless, and undoubtedly losing again this week (40 points behind with 2 Jets playing against his opponents Matt Ryan) and he freaking WON the league last year. Seriously wondering how much of this FF is actually just down to dumb luck, and how much is down to actual knowledge.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Seriously wondering how much of this FF is actually just down to dumb luck,
    The sooner you accept it, the easier your Sunday's will become.

You have to be the devil to win at FF. You have to be smarter than other people. You have to be luckier than other people. What your opponent thinks is gonna happen should be the exact reverse opposite of how it actually works out.

Just like tonight I have to bank on my luck that Julio Jones and Bilal Powell are going to
    Combine for 37 points. Is it impossible? No. Is it extremely unlikely? It sure is. Lets see if I really am the devil KUKUKUKU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I lost, again, in the MMO-C league 1. I'm just a free win for people right now I think. The people I have on my team are just not consistent performers it seems. They'll get big nights (often when I have them on my bench for not performing) but 1 big night every 4 weeks won't win me any fantasy games.

It's been 1 long valuable lesson so far on how to play FF. I've discovered that much of it is luck (Welker, Fred Jackson etc.) but much of it is also looking at football differently then from a normal game perspective.

A guy like AJ. Green, while a fantastic reciever IRL, has the problem of disappearing for whole stretches, cause he has Andy freaking Dalton throwing him the ball, and he just isn't targeted as often as he would be with a better QB throwing him the ball. AJ. Green is a fantastic football player, but wildly inconsistent as a Fantasy option (28, 4, 10, 5, 6 points over the season). I took him before Bryant, Marshall, and Julio Jones in the draft because i expected teh Bengals to be good, and I pretty much equated a team doing well with people on that team getting a lot of fantasy points. Turns out it doesn't exactly work like that, and you can have fantastic fantasy options on bad teams (Fred Jackson), and terrible ones on great teams (Tom Brady, to name just 1).

I guess the lesson has been that I should get more knowledge about which players are good in fantasy, not which players are good at the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, looking at league 1 overall though, Conscript is below me, still winless, and undoubtedly losing again this week (40 points behind with 2 Jets playing against his opponents Matt Ryan) and he freaking WON the league last year. Seriously wondering how much of this FF is actually just down to dumb luck, and how much is down to actual knowledge.
    Well, for me this year has been different. Last year I had a baller team with great players. Only lost like 2 games including the playoffs.

I mean, I turned 35% of my roster and picked up FA's They are performing very well right now. Sadly I didn't predict well enough, otherwise I would of scored a lot more. Its extremely hard to predict the NFL. I mean, who the hell would start TY Hilton against Seattle's D? Well, TY Hilton completely lit up the Seahawks secondary and had an insane game. Austin Pettis should of been a start for me, but I figured the Rams offense is terrible even against a shit Jags team and the 49ers would put up some decent numbers at home. I also dropped Legatron for Nick Novak because SD's offense has been good, well Oakland fucking held them to nothing at all.

So yeah, its just a bit of luck. NFL is hard to predict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

I mean, I turned 35% of my roster and picked up FA's They are performing very well right now. Sadly I didn't predict well enough, otherwise I would of scored a lot more. Its extremely hard to predict the NFL. I mean, who the hell would start TY Hilton against Seattle's D? Well, TY Hilton completely lit up the Seahawks secondary and had an insane game. Austin Pettis should of been a start for me, but I figured the Rams offense is terrible even against a shit Jags team and the 49ers would put up some decent numbers at home. I also dropped Legatron for Nick Novak because SD's offense has been good, well Oakland fucking held them to nothing at all.

So yeah, its just a bit of luck. NFL is hard to predict.
    Yeah well could be worse you could have been that person who dropped TY from their entire team a couple of hours before kickoff and added Ted Ginn in his place, sometimes i am such a fantasy genius

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alocer View Post
    Yeah well could be worse you could have been that person who dropped TY from their entire team a couple of hours before kickoff and added Ted Ginn in his place, sometimes i am such a fantasy genius
    There's no way you could have known that Brandon Browner would call him "light as shit"

OH NO points are retracting; projections getting lower. Please Julio Jones please Bilal Powell I'll be a laughingstock in the FF text tomorrow when the league owner says "Player with the most points is Blueobelisk with Tony Romo (49.25) but lol n*g*a still lost, he's not undefeated anymore" and then I'll be crying.

- - - Updated - - -

THROW IT TO JULIO JONES MORE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay Blue, calm down. It's okay. Relax. Bilal and Julio just need to come out and score 30 more points in this final half. No biggie. It can happen. No need to throw things out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Why God why? Is there something I did wrong? Do you want me to lose to this loser 2-2 guy? Is this punishment because I asked for some luck so I could postpone my speech for public speaking class last week? Please I told you I was gonna pay for that with my first kid.

- - - Updated - - -

I lost....

- - - Updated - - -

Guy is offering Darren Sproles for my Eric Decker. What do you guys think?! You can see the rest if my team in sig.

Woohoo, I knocked off MMO 1's last unbeaten team. This team, that I didn't even draft, has been the only one that isn't an unmitigated disaster. I'm running three teams, and I've won in exactly one league every week for all five weeks so far. Brutal.

In the league that I run, I just fell to 1-4 despite having what appeared to be a solid roster on paper. I generally have a lead until the Sunday or Monday night games when I lose horrifically. My first three picks were CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, Tom Brady. That turned out to be a poor trio of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Brady has been surprisingly weak in fantasy. Though, he's got more points than Colin Kaepernick or Cam Newton so far.

- - - Updated - - -

All right, Rivers is playing Indy, Kaepernick is playing Arizona. Am I right to play Kaepernick? This is getting really frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Brady has been surprisingly weak in fantasy. Though, he's got more points than Colin Kaepernick or Cam Newton so far.

- - - Updated - - -

All right, Rivers is playing Indy, Kaepernick is playing Arizona. Am I right to play Kaepernick? This is getting really frustrating.
    Despite their record, Arizona has a good D right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaepernick, in theory, should have the easier match up.

Fantasy points against in 2013 season:

Arizona Cardinals Defense
    vs QB

Indianapolis Colts Defense
    vs QB

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the first time I have ever had a team start 0-5 in fantasy. Just wow. Sure I somehow missed that Ridley was out, but jesus nobody on my team is performing at all.

At least I have a 4-1 team in two other leagues to fall back on and my other MMO team is mediocre but not terrible, but wow is my team bad. Hopefully that trade for some RB depth will actually help plus Gronk will finally be back. Maybe.

Somehow I'm #1 in MMO2 LOLOLOL. Am 2 strong. I'm #1 in both leagues, even though I lost last night *cried myself to sleep*

I went through with the trade. Sproles for my Decker. I'll have to update word document but I should do a few more moves just for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait I was following conscript's advice but Kniles Davis is still worthless. Is it okay to drop him or just wait?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Somehow I'm #1 in MMO2 LOLOLOL. Am 2 strong. I'm #1 in both leagues, even though I lost last night *cried myself to sleep*

I went through with the trade. Sproles for my Decker. I'll have to update word document but I should do a few more moves just for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait I was following conscript's advice but Kniles Davis is still worthless. Is it okay to drop him or just wait?
    My advice isn't worth the weight of the type on your screen, but ya Kniles Davis seems worthless unless Charles is going to blow out his ACL. Charles has been insane this year.

Seeing as you just lost Julio for the year though, might have wanted to hold onto Decker. You can probably add an acceptable depth guy when you drop Davis though.

JULIO IS GONE FOR THE YEAR?! It says he's on bye!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    JULIO IS GONE FOR THE YEAR?! It says he's on bye!
    Foot injury. Announced today he is likely done for season but is going to get a second opinion. Either way he isn't coming back anytime soon.