Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So after last week's Loser's Bowl I find myself this week in the Bye Week Bowl. Celdiseth and I combine for something like 7 starters on bye weeks in our match up this week.

For some strange reason this week, with my replacements in, is (I think) the highest projected points total I've had all year. I'll need some serious, serious luck to win this week though. Only guy I can see winning his matchup is Aaron Rodgers on QB. I'd trust AJ Green, but he's up against the Jets this week, so he'll be matched up against Cromartie all night, most likely. No bueno.

I think I might have gotten my undeserved win last week, with Rodgers and Green exploding, while Conscript got 2 of his best hurt, so I'm not expecting any extrordinary lucky breaks this week either. >.<

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to go back to the topic of NFL.com projections! This week's installment:

10+ Year Old Account
    Lotta byes this week apparently. Also lol Stommped. At first I was like, there's nothing wrong with those numbers. Then I realized they were playing each other.

Well, Mendenhall might not play this week. If not, I'm a freebie.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-10-24 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I would like to go back to the topic of NFL.com projections! This week's installment:

Ha, priceless

If Washington's aweful, aweful defense keeps Peyton and Co. to just 10 points I'll eat my hat***.

Wait, I don't have a hat. I'll BUY a hat, and then eat it.

***Smallprint: Only if Peyton Manning plays, if he's out then screw any chance Denver has at points

Ugh I didn't check who was playing tonight because I was busy and didn't have time to watch it, I was going to switch out Bucs D this week since they have been so terrible... too late! Watch me lose by like 4 points this week too.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Colin K Showed up. At least that's something, But the rest of my team blows, and Jamal Charles hasn't got any touchdowns. My only saving grace is Tom Brady has negative 1 point at halftime. Guess this is what happens when the entirety of my bench isn't playing. No choices.

Calvin Johnson destroyed. I don't envy the person who faces him.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm rolling conscript in MMO2 lol. Had Mathew Stafford and Dan Bailey.

My real life league...Romo showed up, Jaamal Charles scored a little less than normal but still enough. Darren Sproles only scored 4 for me...That kicker scored like 4. I need everyone else to step up.

Victor Cruz scored a solid 15 today lol, might have been better off picking him for flex spot over Sproles but who the fuck wouldn't known.

- - - Updated - - -

Damnit if I wasn't facing Dan Bailey and Kapernick in real life league I'd probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, Colin K Showed up. At least that's something, But the rest of my team blows, and Jamal Charles hasn't got any touchdowns. My only saving grace is Tom Brady has negative 1 point at halftime. Guess this is what happens when the entirety of my bench isn't playing. No choices.

And you beat me anyway. Damn Cincy defense. Good game, sir.

Real life league. My Kyle Rudolph vs. his Eddy Lacy and Jordy Nelson. I'm ahead by 19. Kyle Rudolph you just have to keep these guys at bay by 19. Please. Otherwise I'll be L-4.

- - - Updated - - -

:O

Wtf conscript's team came back. WTF DEMARCO MURRAY WTF IS WITH THIS NFL.COM UI. He fucking didn't play but was on my roster. God this piece of shit interface.

I'm down by 1.44 in MMO2 but I have Jordy Nelson and Kyle Rudolph to go and conscript has no one so its basically GG even with my RB not playing (piece of shit NFL UI).

10+ Year Old Account
    kk, so the standing in my Bye Week Bowl matchup in MMO-C league 1:

I'm up 8,5 points or so, with Aaron Rodgers to play. Celdiseth has 2 GB WR's, so unless Rodgers gets hurt anything they get also goes to Rodgers (barring rushing yards/TD's, but those are kinda rare, so meh). Meaning he's got the kicker to pretty much make up the difference there is right now.

This is going to be a butt clencher methinks. :S

On the upside, I never expected to be this competitive this week, or ahead even at any point, so it's all good, whatever happens.

You're gonna lose Skarma.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    kk, so the standing in my Bye Week Bowl matchup in MMO-C league 1:

I'm up 8,5 points or so, with Aaron Rodgers to play. Celdiseth has 2 GB WR's, so unless Rodgers gets hurt anything they get also goes to Rodgers (barring rushing yards/TD's, but those are kinda rare, so meh). Meaning he's got the kicker to pretty much make up the difference there is right now.

This is going to be a butt clencher methinks. :S

On the upside, I never expected to be this competitive this week, or ahead even at any point, so it's all good, whatever happens.
    Stafford pretty much kept me in this matchup. This will indeed be a close one. Go go Mason Crosby!

On a side note, I have a dilemma. The GM of my money league is 1-6 heading into this week. He decided to give his wife his best players and take her bad ones. I was approached by another player who also sees this as unfair. We both discussed simply making a super team and splitting the money. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Stafford pretty much kept me in this matchup. This will indeed be a close one. Go go Mason Crosby!

On a side note, I have a dilemma. The GM of my money league is 1-6 heading into this week. He decided to give his wife his best players and take her bad ones. I was approached by another player who also sees this as unfair. We both discussed simply making a super team and splitting the money. What do you guys think?
    That kind of deal should be illegal, especially in a real money league. If he was allowed to do this without repercussion then there is something seriously wrong with the way it was organized. If what happened can't be undone then yes, I'd play just as dirty as him and hook up with someone so you can guarantee the win. I'd also make sure to never, EVER play with a guy like that again, nor let him in a league I was organizing myself.

That kind of deal should be illegal, especially in a real money league. If he was allowed to do this without repercussion then there is something seriously wrong with the way it was organized. If what happened can't be undone then yes, I'd play just as dirty as him and hook up with someone so you can guarantee the win. I'd also make sure to never, EVER play with a guy like that again, nor let him in a league I was organizing myself.
    Well unfortunately, he is the commissioner of the league and is the only one that has the power to veto it. He also happens to be my brother in law and his wife, my sister. Been in the league for a couple years and haven't really ever run into this problem. But then again, he has never gone 1-6.

The problem I may run into, he has the power to veto any trades. So, might have to plan a Sunday afternoon trade right before the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're gonna lose Skarma.
    I kinda didn't take into account that WR's get more points per yard then QB's get, so even if 1 of the GB gets 100 yards, he will get more points for it then Rodgers gets for throwing them to him. This might not actually be as close as I thought it might be. =/

I kinda didn't take into account that WR's get more points per yard then QB's get, so even if 1 of the GB gets 100 yards, he will get more points for it then Rodgers gets for throwing them to him. This might not actually be as close as I thought it might be. =/
    Don't count yourself out yet. Rodgers has many targets to throw to as well as the running game to rely on.

My opponent in MMO2 started Doug Martin, and Thursday night watching the Bucs game I was thinking, "sucks to be him". But sometime between then and now he was able to sub Martin out for Frank Gore. Since when can you swap out a player whose team has already played for the week?

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post

That's absolutely unreasonable and he shouldn't be allowed to do that. If that's okay then next year I'll make a league and take 9/10 spots and make the superest teams possible to fuck the person I'm playing against.

Every team should be individual and trades should be fair. As I said bring it up with other people in the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    My opponent in MMO2 started Doug Martin, and Thursday night watching the Bucs game I was thinking, "sucks to be him". But sometime between then and now he was able to sub Martin out for Frank Gore. Since when can you swap out a player whose team has already played for the week?
    Manager might of had the option enabled to allow people to pay (real money) to swap players in and out mid or post game. Its enabled by default, fortunately I saw it and disabled it in mmo1.

Anyway, I am now the Jacksonville Jaguars of mmo1.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As commish are you able to see what the second tiebreaker is for standings? For some reason, NFL uses Head to Head to record as first tiebreaker instead of points scored, and there's a situation is another league I'm in where 3 teams are tied and they are all 1-1 against each other, but the 2nd tiebreaker is not points scored because the guy with the most points is below those other 2 teams. It doesn't say anywhere in the league settings and I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be.