Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well damn. Instead of waking up to a bitter undeserved loss, I wake up to Alshon Jefferey having indeed gotten me the points I needed to win this week. It's an ugly 1 point win, but I'll take it.

More pressing problem for me now is Rodgers being out, he had a baby soft schedule going forward, with Eagles, Giants, Vikings in the next 3 weeks. He would have probably feasted on them. Now I don't know what will happen. I've got Romo on my bench to back him up but he's got his bye coming in week 11, so I'm superbly boned if Rodgers is out in week 11 of the season still.

So, yeah, lighting candles throughout my house praying for Rodgers to be tough and ready for Sunday, and not out for the season instead. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well damn. Instead of waking up to a bitter undeserved loss, I wake up to Alshon Jefferey having indeed gotten me the points I needed to win this week. It's an ugly 1 point win, but I'll take it.
    A wasted 40 points from Johnson for me thanks to Foster going down in the first quarter. So if Foster misses time, I've now lost Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, and Foster. Also, now I've lost two in a row and went from first place to serious trouble. Yay me.

I hate Tom Brady with a passion right now. They're on a bye next week, but when I play him the week after, I know he's going to go back to putting up 150 yard, no touchdown performances again. Rat bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    A wasted 40 points from Johnson for me thanks to Foster going down in the first quarter. So if Foster misses time, I've now lost Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, and Foster. Also, now I've lost two in a row and went from first place to serious trouble. Yay me.

I hate Tom Brady with a passion right now. They're on a bye next week, but when I play him the week after, I know he's going to go back to putting up 150 yard, no touchdown performances again. Rat bastard.
    Was hoping I would be playing you next week. Lol. But no, I get you in week 12 when Brady is up against Denver and Manning. And Mccoy is on a bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I didn't know you can designate players as "untouchable" on the trading-block, now I can go a week without someone thinking I'm dumb enough to trade Eddie Lacy.

Also it looks like the Falcons fell short of the 48 points nfl.com thought they would score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cam or Dalton this week?

Started out 4-0. Lost past 5 weeks.

Idk what to say or do lol. I feel defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Cam or Dalton this week?
    I'd go with Cam Newton. He's up against the better defense, but he's also the better, and more consistent player this season.

Aaron Rodgers out 4-6 weeks, meaning he's probably not back for me untill the Fantasy season is over (assuming I don't make the playoffs). I'm now glad I got Tony Romo for my bench in the draft, and that Romo has at least been reasonable this season.

With Blizzcon this week and the Patriots on a bye I'll probably be spending my Sunday watching everything I couldn't see live during the event and discussing WoW and other stuff on forums, instead of watching football or keeping up with fantasy. I'll be back to paying attention the week after.

Arian Foster done for the year. I just can't catch a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling my loss already. Any bets?

And thank you Golden Tate, for sitting on my bench...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-11-10 at 07:33 PM.

Locker might be done and put up an amazing -1.2 against the Jacksonville goddamn Jaguars before he got hurt. I think the Foster injury might be the nail in my fantasy coffin this season. I don't think I have enough talent left to make the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to officially give up for this year. What a waste.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not even fucking going to break 50 points unless Jason Witten has a good game, which isn't likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm not even fucking going to break 50 points unless Jason Witten has a good game, which isn't likely.
    Well, I appreciate it anyway

Deleted
    so nice having 152 pts on the board in my league (ppr), and vjax and dolphins d still to come, even though i already have the win, a nice change from my close loss last week

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys have yet another conundrum on my hands, i am gonna be 7-3 after this week, one of the other guys is prob gonna be 8-2, but he is really now struggling for a consistent RB, i have a fair bit of strength there (ppr league), am kinda wondering how hard to push the trade as he needs it more than me, 1 QB league, rb/wr flex

My team

qb Ryan/foles

rb Lynch/Gore/Lacey/Woodhead/Stewart

wr Vjax/Ty/Shorts/Cooper/Burleson

te Cameron/Reed

He has

QB Brees/Roethilsberger

RB Sproles/Thomas/Jennings/Foster

WR Decker/Johnson/amedola/Tait/Moore

TE Witten

Think i should push for Brees as he hasn't got a great deal else that would maybe start for me, dre Johnson could if he carries on like this, Decker could be a nice option as well, but i am trading an RB1 in reality

So what do you think i should push for, as apart from Brees i cant see a lot that drastically improves my team

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Aaron Rodgers goes down with an injury, and his back up on my team, Tony Romo gets 9.12 points, and I win anyway? *cue Twilight Zone theme*

I'm starting to thank whatever RNG deity is out there for having it come to pass that AJ Green and Gio Bernard were there for me to take in the draft. Those guys have been carrying me hard in the weeks I won.

It's so weird, I fully expected to stay on 2 wins and lose the rest of the year after I beat Conscript for the last place finish spot, but here we are 2 wins later, and I'm suddenly looking at possibly rising further up the rankings. Crazy stuff!

So, Aaron Rodgers goes down with an injury, and his back up on my team, Tony Romo gets 9.12 points, and I win anyway? *cue Twilight Zone theme*

I'm starting to thank whatever RNG deity is out there for having it come to pass that AJ Green and Gio Bernard were there for me to take in the draft. Those guys have been carrying me hard in the weeks I won.

It's so weird, I fully expected to stay on 2 wins and lose the rest of the year after I beat Conscript for the last place finish spot, but here we are 2 wins later, and I'm suddenly looking at possibly rising further up the rankings. Crazy stuff!
    Keep up the good work! Win next week too! I'll take whatever wins from others that help me keep my playoff berth. You play the #2 guy next week. So keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Keep up the good work! Win next week too! I'll take whatever wins from others that help me keep my playoff berth. You play the #2 guy next week. So keep it up!
    Haha. Everyone wants you to win when they're not up against you themselves

But I can live with 3 wins on 4 weeks. Been a good month, even though I lost Aaron Rodgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. Everyone wants you to win when they're not up against you themselves

But I can live with 3 wins on 4 weeks. Been a good month, even though I lost Aaron Rodgers.
    I'm sure you rejected it, but I can't seem to find out where to see my proposed trade and confirm that that's what happened. It just vanished off my team notes and that was it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm sure you rejected it, but I can't seem to find out where to see my proposed trade and confirm that that's what happened. It just vanished off my team notes and that was it.
    Sorry to get to this so late. I rejected 2 trades, 1 in both my leagues, so I'm not sure which it was, but neither looked like it would be of benefit to me, so I rejected them. Pretty weird that there's no indication to see what happened to a trade other then it disappearing. =/

After the conclusion of the week I'm still in first place in the MMO-C pick'em league. Had to laugh, I picked the Bucs to win against Miami yesterday seeing how distracted Miami had been all week, and how well the Bucs had played previous week. Only later did I realise that the Bucs hadn't won any games yet, and that it was a slightly riskier bet then I would normally take, but I was like, Miami is completely distracted they'll screw it up, I bet. And they did!

Anyway, hoping I can keep this up, it's fun to be doing well in at least 1 aspect of fantasy!

Sorry to get to this so late. I rejected 2 trades, 1 in both my leagues, so I'm not sure which it was, but neither looked like it would be of benefit to me, so I rejected them. Pretty weird that there's no indication to see what happened to a trade other then it disappearing. =/

After the conclusion of the week I'm still in first place in the MMO-C pick'em league. Had to laugh, I picked the Bucs to win against Miami yesterday seeing how distracted Miami had been all week, and how well the Bucs had played previous week. Only later did I realise that the Bucs hadn't won any games yet, and that it was a slightly riskier bet then I would normally take, but I was like, Miami is completely distracted they'll screw it up, I bet. And they did!

Anyway, hoping I can keep this up, it's fun to be doing well in at least 1 aspect of fantasy!
    I gained some ground in that pick em league. I was trailing by 50 last week. Now only 40. So im hoping to finish strong with my picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed 2 weeks of pick 'em while out of town so I've kind of stopped following it

patience is finally paying off some on the fantasy team, for the first time I have some good depth