Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Well damn. Instead of waking up to a bitter undeserved loss, I wake up to Alshon Jefferey having indeed gotten me the points I needed to win this week. It's an ugly 1 point win, but I'll take it.

    More pressing problem for me now is Rodgers being out, he had a baby soft schedule going forward, with Eagles, Giants, Vikings in the next 3 weeks. He would have probably feasted on them. Now I don't know what will happen. I've got Romo on my bench to back him up but he's got his bye coming in week 11, so I'm superbly boned if Rodgers is out in week 11 of the season still.

    So, yeah, lighting candles throughout my house praying for Rodgers to be tough and ready for Sunday, and not out for the season instead. >.<
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well damn. Instead of waking up to a bitter undeserved loss, I wake up to Alshon Jefferey having indeed gotten me the points I needed to win this week. It's an ugly 1 point win, but I'll take it.
    A wasted 40 points from Johnson for me thanks to Foster going down in the first quarter. So if Foster misses time, I've now lost Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, and Foster. Also, now I've lost two in a row and went from first place to serious trouble. Yay me.

    I hate Tom Brady with a passion right now. They're on a bye next week, but when I play him the week after, I know he's going to go back to putting up 150 yard, no touchdown performances again. Rat bastard.

  3. #803
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    A wasted 40 points from Johnson for me thanks to Foster going down in the first quarter. So if Foster misses time, I've now lost Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, and Foster. Also, now I've lost two in a row and went from first place to serious trouble. Yay me.

    I hate Tom Brady with a passion right now. They're on a bye next week, but when I play him the week after, I know he's going to go back to putting up 150 yard, no touchdown performances again. Rat bastard.
    Was hoping I would be playing you next week. Lol. But no, I get you in week 12 when Brady is up against Denver and Manning. And Mccoy is on a bye.

  4. #804
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,319
    Oh I didn't know you can designate players as "untouchable" on the trading-block, now I can go a week without someone thinking I'm dumb enough to trade Eddie Lacy.


    Also it looks like the Falcons fell short of the 48 points nfl.com thought they would score.

  5. #805
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,841
    Cam or Dalton this week?

    Words to live by.

  6. #806
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,423
    Started out 4-0. Lost past 5 weeks.

    Idk what to say or do lol. I feel defeated.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Cam or Dalton this week?
    I'd go with Cam Newton. He's up against the better defense, but he's also the better, and more consistent player this season.


    Aaron Rodgers out 4-6 weeks, meaning he's probably not back for me untill the Fantasy season is over (assuming I don't make the playoffs). I'm now glad I got Tony Romo for my bench in the draft, and that Romo has at least been reasonable this season.

    With Blizzcon this week and the Patriots on a bye I'll probably be spending my Sunday watching everything I couldn't see live during the event and discussing WoW and other stuff on forums, instead of watching football or keeping up with fantasy. I'll be back to paying attention the week after.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  8. #808
    Arian Foster done for the year. I just can't catch a break.

  9. #809
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,159
    Calling my loss already. Any bets?

    And thank you Golden Tate, for sitting on my bench...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-11-10 at 07:33 PM.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  10. #810
    Locker might be done and put up an amazing -1.2 against the Jacksonville goddamn Jaguars before he got hurt. I think the Foster injury might be the nail in my fantasy coffin this season. I don't think I have enough talent left to make the playoffs.

  11. #811
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,159
    Time to officially give up for this year. What a waste.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not even fucking going to break 50 points unless Jason Witten has a good game, which isn't likely.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  12. #812
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm not even fucking going to break 50 points unless Jason Witten has a good game, which isn't likely.
    Well, I appreciate it anyway

  13. #813
    so nice having 152 pts on the board in my league (ppr), and vjax and dolphins d still to come, even though i already have the win, a nice change from my close loss last week

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ok guys have yet another conundrum on my hands, i am gonna be 7-3 after this week, one of the other guys is prob gonna be 8-2, but he is really now struggling for a consistent RB, i have a fair bit of strength there (ppr league), am kinda wondering how hard to push the trade as he needs it more than me, 1 QB league, rb/wr flex

    My team

    qb Ryan/foles

    rb Lynch/Gore/Lacey/Woodhead/Stewart

    wr Vjax/Ty/Shorts/Cooper/Burleson

    te Cameron/Reed

    He has

    QB Brees/Roethilsberger

    RB Sproles/Thomas/Jennings/Foster

    WR Decker/Johnson/amedola/Tait/Moore

    TE Witten


    Think i should push for Brees as he hasn't got a great deal else that would maybe start for me, dre Johnson could if he carries on like this, Decker could be a nice option as well, but i am trading an RB1 in reality

    So what do you think i should push for, as apart from Brees i cant see a lot that drastically improves my team

  14. #814
    So, Aaron Rodgers goes down with an injury, and his back up on my team, Tony Romo gets 9.12 points, and I win anyway? *cue Twilight Zone theme*

    I'm starting to thank whatever RNG deity is out there for having it come to pass that AJ Green and Gio Bernard were there for me to take in the draft. Those guys have been carrying me hard in the weeks I won.

    It's so weird, I fully expected to stay on 2 wins and lose the rest of the year after I beat Conscript for the last place finish spot, but here we are 2 wins later, and I'm suddenly looking at possibly rising further up the rankings. Crazy stuff!
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, Aaron Rodgers goes down with an injury, and his back up on my team, Tony Romo gets 9.12 points, and I win anyway? *cue Twilight Zone theme*

    I'm starting to thank whatever RNG deity is out there for having it come to pass that AJ Green and Gio Bernard were there for me to take in the draft. Those guys have been carrying me hard in the weeks I won.

    It's so weird, I fully expected to stay on 2 wins and lose the rest of the year after I beat Conscript for the last place finish spot, but here we are 2 wins later, and I'm suddenly looking at possibly rising further up the rankings. Crazy stuff!
    Keep up the good work! Win next week too! I'll take whatever wins from others that help me keep my playoff berth. You play the #2 guy next week. So keep it up!

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Keep up the good work! Win next week too! I'll take whatever wins from others that help me keep my playoff berth. You play the #2 guy next week. So keep it up!
    Haha. Everyone wants you to win when they're not up against you themselves

    But I can live with 3 wins on 4 weeks. Been a good month, even though I lost Aaron Rodgers.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  17. #817
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,159
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Haha. Everyone wants you to win when they're not up against you themselves

    But I can live with 3 wins on 4 weeks. Been a good month, even though I lost Aaron Rodgers.
    I'm sure you rejected it, but I can't seem to find out where to see my proposed trade and confirm that that's what happened. It just vanished off my team notes and that was it.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  18. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm sure you rejected it, but I can't seem to find out where to see my proposed trade and confirm that that's what happened. It just vanished off my team notes and that was it.
    Sorry to get to this so late. I rejected 2 trades, 1 in both my leagues, so I'm not sure which it was, but neither looked like it would be of benefit to me, so I rejected them. Pretty weird that there's no indication to see what happened to a trade other then it disappearing. =/


    After the conclusion of the week I'm still in first place in the MMO-C pick'em league. Had to laugh, I picked the Bucs to win against Miami yesterday seeing how distracted Miami had been all week, and how well the Bucs had played previous week. Only later did I realise that the Bucs hadn't won any games yet, and that it was a slightly riskier bet then I would normally take, but I was like, Miami is completely distracted they'll screw it up, I bet. And they did!

    Anyway, hoping I can keep this up, it's fun to be doing well in at least 1 aspect of fantasy!
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sorry to get to this so late. I rejected 2 trades, 1 in both my leagues, so I'm not sure which it was, but neither looked like it would be of benefit to me, so I rejected them. Pretty weird that there's no indication to see what happened to a trade other then it disappearing. =/


    After the conclusion of the week I'm still in first place in the MMO-C pick'em league. Had to laugh, I picked the Bucs to win against Miami yesterday seeing how distracted Miami had been all week, and how well the Bucs had played previous week. Only later did I realise that the Bucs hadn't won any games yet, and that it was a slightly riskier bet then I would normally take, but I was like, Miami is completely distracted they'll screw it up, I bet. And they did!

    Anyway, hoping I can keep this up, it's fun to be doing well in at least 1 aspect of fantasy!
    I gained some ground in that pick em league. I was trailing by 50 last week. Now only 40. So im hoping to finish strong with my picks.

  20. #820
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,319
    I missed 2 weeks of pick 'em while out of town so I've kind of stopped following it

    patience is finally paying off some on the fantasy team, for the first time I have some good depth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •