Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fuck. Seth is gonna win this game. He just caught up to me and at the end of the day at 8:30 it's gonna be:

Nick Foles + Kicker vs. Demarco Murray + Kicker. I need a big edge now or Nick Foles is gonna rape me.

Fuck I'm gonna lose. Someone give me a hug. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Fuck. Seth is gonna win this game. He just caught up to me and at the end of the day at 8:30 it's gonna be:

Nick Foles + Kicker vs. Demarco Murray + Kicker. I need a big edge now or Nick Foles is gonna rape me.

Fuck I'm gonna lose. Someone give me a hug. :/
    I won the MMO1 League already and still have Mccoy and Henery to play. 1 down, 1 to go. And then the world!!!!!!!!!

Stompped couldn't stop you. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm up by 5 but Celd has Nick Foles + A Henery and I have Demarco Murray + Dan Bailey.

Fuck. I'm nervous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stompped couldn't stop you. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm up by 5 but Celd has Nick Foles + A Henery and I have Demarco Murray + Dan Bailey.

Fuck. I'm nervous.
    Pray that Dallas can keep the game close. If Philly gets out in front and Dallas needs to start throwing the ball you are boned.

*deep breaths*

Congrats on your wins Seth.

*deep breaths*

Congrats on your wins Seth.
    Its not over yet. Cowboys still in position to keep running the ball.

I must use my King's Disposition in this last quarter. It's gonna be epic.

- - - Updated - - -

Those not keeping track at home: I'm at 97, he's at 95. But he has Nick Foles@@@

- - - Updated - - -

I think that clock thing fucked me and now I'm gonna lose. Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Call me Godelisk.

Gotta be honest. That shit was crazy. I was THIS CLOSE to losing.

Grats Blue....

But I was more worried about the eagles not winning the game!..

Wait for the stat corrections! Lol

Oh well. I won the other MMO1 league and made it to the championship in MMO2. Thats pretty damn good. I also won my money league by 1.3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Wait for the stat corrections! Lol
    Lol it was really like 97.78 to 97.72 then Nick Foles dropped points because they were just chilling, otherwise it'd have felt like a hollow victory.

Thanks Simon! It's all in the luck, baby.
    Did I have skill? Absolutely not.
    Did I know what I was doing? No, I asked everyone here for advice and stole some draft cheat sheet off off bleacherreport.
    Was I hardworking? Hell no, I ignored the team for like 10 weeks, literally made like 3 transactions the whole time, and wound up #1 seed and champion.
    Was I lucky? You bet your sweet ass that my luck carried me as far as it did.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-12-30 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the League managers maybe make a short overview of who finished where in their league? Always nice to look at and cool for bragging rights and reference if we do this next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Can the League managers maybe make a short overview of who finished where in their league? Always nice to look at and cool for bragging rights and reference if we do this next year.
    Maybe after the scores are finalized.

Reminder, pickem extends through the playoffs till the super bowl.

MMO Champ 2 League final standings

Battling for the MMO Champ 2 Fantasy Championship, Summertime Sadness defeated Fuzzy Bunny Slippers by a miniscule 0.46 points.

In the 3rd place game, Bloodbath and Beyond thumped Hernandez's Pistol Offense resoundly by 22.24 points.

For the 5th place game it was Post-Kickoff Commercial Break handling All Heart easily, winning by 12.88 points.

And finally in the 7th placed matchoff, Monday Morning Hangovers delt with Dezpicable Me winning comfortably by 16.60 points.

Standings after Playoffs.

01: Summertime Sadness (Blueobelisk)
    02: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers (Celdiseth)
    03: Bloodbath and Beyond (Mazshax)
    04: Hernandez's Pistol Offense (Brogrom)
    05: Post-Kickoff Commercial Break (conscript)
    06: All Heart (Alae)
    07: Monday Morning Hangovers (Falconius)
    08: Dezpicable Me (fatty22)
    09: The Sheriff's Department (Solidsteel)
    10: Primeval (Logonov)

Regular Season Standings

01: Summertime Sadness (Blueobelisk) 10-5-0
    02: Bloodbath and Beyond (Mazshax) 9-5-1
    03: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers (Celdiseth) 9-6-0
    04: Hernandez's Pistol Offense (Brogrom) 9-6-0
    05: All Heart (Alae) 7-8-0
    06: Post-Kickoff Commercial Break (conscript) 7-8-0
    07: Monday Morning Hangovers (Falconius) 7-8-0
    08: Dezpicable Me (fatty22) 6-9-0
    09: The Sheriff's Department (Solidsteel) 6-9-0
    10: Primeval (Logonov) 4-10-1

10+ Year Old Account

MMO 1 Standings.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was kind of a bummer to amass so much RB depth late in the season and have them all get injured anyway but I was pretty happy with how the year went, Josh Gordon FTW

So with the fantasy season completed. What are you guys thoughts on this season? Were there any surprises or good picks you knew would just come through? How about next year? Will you be changing drafting plans or valuing certain players above others?

For me, this season couldnt have been better. I placed first in the MMO1 league and posted a solid record of 12-3. In the MMO2 League, I grabbed second but it was an extremely close finish. Congrats Blue btw. I had a lesser record but squeaked into the playoffs. I also won my money league after placing 2nd place the past 3 years. And I only managed to get into the playoffs with the sixth seed. We use three weeks of playoffs format starting week 14. Top 2 seeds have a Bye and the championship week is week 16.

As for good picks, I had the second overall pick in the money league and went with Jamaal Charles. AP went first, but I wouldve picked Charles with any pick. I just knew he would perform rather well. (It's a PPR League as well) Then I had Forte fall to me in the 2nd round and that pretty much set my team for the year. So, I was pretty proud of those two picks.

I learned that you have to go with your gut and not with the so called experts in most cases for the draft. I will continue using that method as it is proven, at least for me.

As for next year, I think there are a couple players to really keep an eye on. Ray Rice, MJD, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, and Julio Jones. All of which performed poorly or are becoming free agents or injured early on. I think they will drop in the overall draft and might be great pick ups. I dont think you can follow the big names of Foles, Graham, Manning, Gordon, or Jeffery. Things change and teams will most certainly start focusing on them. As for Foles, Manning, and Graham, they are valued far too much and will go earlier than i feel comfortable with.

So with the fantasy season completed. What are you guys thoughts on this season? Were there any surprises or good picks you knew would just come through? How about next year? Will you be changing drafting plans or valuing certain players above others?

For me, this season couldnt have been better. I placed first in the MMO1 league and posted a solid record of 12-3. In the MMO2 League, I grabbed second but it was an extremely close finish. Congrats Blue btw. I had a lesser record but squeaked into the playoffs. I also won my money league after placing 2nd place the past 3 years. And I only managed to get into the playoffs with the sixth seed. We use three weeks of playoffs format starting week 14. Top 2 seeds have a Bye and the championship week is week 16.

As for good picks, I had the second overall pick in the money league and went with Jamaal Charles. AP went first, but I wouldve picked Charles with any pick. I just knew he would perform rather well. (It's a PPR League as well) Then I had Forte fall to me in the 2nd round and that pretty much set my team for the year. So, I was pretty proud of those two picks.

I learned that you have to go with your gut and not with the so called experts in most cases for the draft. I will continue using that method as it is proven, at least for me.

As for next year, I think there are a couple players to really keep an eye on. Ray Rice, MJD, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, and Julio Jones. All of which performed poorly or are becoming free agents or injured early on. I think they will drop in the overall draft and might be great pick ups. I dont think you can follow the big names of Foles, Graham, Manning, Gordon, or Jeffery. Things change and teams will most certainly start focusing on them. As for Foles, Manning, and Graham, they are valued far too much and will go earlier than i feel comfortable with.
    I have no idea what you just said. As I stated earlier, everything I picked was because of conscript, xskarma, Stompped, or what I read off bleacherreport lol.

Based on stuff I saw though uhmmmm. Hard for me to say. I drafted in a priority order:

Top RB > Calvin Johnson > Rank 2 RB > Top WR > RB > WR > Rank 2 QB > TE > other RB/WRs > insurance QB > defense > kicker > handcuff.

I'd love to know if Calvin Johnson was as good as he was placed.

Also, I'd probably pick a QB even later possibly lol. Some QBs really exceeded expectations, and some QBs (like Eli Manning that I picked) sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you guys thoughts on this season?
    meh. Thats about it. I trusted too many people when they said Charles wouldn't get that many touches with Andy Reid, and CJ Spiller would get a ton with a rookie QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'd probably pick a QB even later possibly lol. Some QBs really exceeded expectations, and some QBs (like Eli Manning that I picked) sucked.
    Philip Rivers went undrafted in MMO1, and ended up having one of the highest points. Though, he was rather inconsistent.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I think the biggest thing about this season is finally a change in the consensus number 1 pick. Other than his year coming off ACL surgery (which ironically turned out to be his best season ever) AP has always been #1 pick, or #1 RB at least if someone decides to grab a QB. I think at this point, McCoy and Charles have both proven to be clearly better fantasy options, primarily thanks to their receiving capabilities, and those two guys will most definitely go ahead of AP in next year's draft.

Last thought, I think Trent Richardson is the biggest non-injury bust in fantasy football history. I've been playing for a long, long time and I can't remember a first round pick with no injuries performing as bad as he did. Even Chris Johnson post 2k season was miles better.