Voters
363. This poll is closed
  • 2 New Races

193 53.17%
  • New Class

170 46.83%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    As much as I want this, it shouldn't be a selling point of an X-pac. They have owed us new models since Wrath, yes owed (because that's a cosmetic change that we pay for with the monthly subscription).
    They don't "owe" you anything, regardless of whether or not you pay a subscription. The subscription doesn't "entitle" anything to you but access to the game and content updates. Even then, it doesn't ACTUALLY entitle you to content updates, they only put those out so people will stay subscribed.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    The alliance kill them just as well, also i highly doubt hozen would be playable with many times displayed iq below 25
    True about the Alliance part, but I don't see any logic behind them suddenly joining Horde.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I'm not doubting the capability of a technological class, and major technological advancements in World of Warcraft, I just feel it is rather odd to assume at this point that The Dark Below is even legitimate, and that it means an underwater based expansion that would need those levels of advancement.

We'll find out soon, I just think to jump to a water themed Expansion because of one in-game title is a little extreme, when there is more evidence that The Dark Below is related to the Dark Below, where according to WoWWiki; "[...] a place inhabited by demons, devils and infernal creatures, from where some sorcerers take their power directly and sometimes have a patron beast to foster their magic."
    WoWWiki isn't cannon though. The in-game reference to the Dark Below are Ozumat and Erudax. Both are related to N'Zoth, who is buried deep underwater.

How about a new faction? it looks like the horde and alliance are on a path of semi friendship, so it they team up to fight a greater evil a 3rd faction could help to stir the pot. blizzard needs a big shock to bring players in, a new faction would flip the world (of warcraft) upside down. to help fuel this they could give the option to defect to this new faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    New race/races is much more likely than a new class again so soon after they added monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Looks like the new WoW expansion will have us battling Azshara and her master N'Zoth. Emerald Dream is likely...

...To those who say neither; It WILL be one or the other.
    Anything out that proves (not hint, proof) either one of these wild claims? =)

New models and new specs. No new races, no new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    New hairstyles for all races! No new class nor races...

Deleted
    Neither class nor races. I want them to surprise me with something else, a bit more innovative than a race or a class.

Maybe further real development on the background and lore of existing races. As of now it seems they add races for the few starting levels, then completely forget they have any relevance in the story (from an Alliance point of view at least)

- Draenei : they did nothing since BC. Even then the Aldor did all the fun, Alliance Draenei were only doing something in the starting islands.
    - Worgen : Some questing nodes here and there but the Gilnean are almost inexistant in current action / politics.
    - Pandaren : the most troubling : we're going in their original homeland and they're nowhere to be seen (I speak about the Alliance ones, Aysa and all)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    OP states matter-of-factly it "WILL" be one of the other... Nope, no guarantee on that.

I'm going with neither due to new race models and increased expansion production turn around. I think the focus will be heavily content driven and modernizing the graphics to bring it in line with competitors.

I also expect this approach is going to bring back more subs than we have now. *throws hat in*
    I don't think so. Blizz got bit hard in the ass back in Cata when they tried to claim "The 1-60 revamp meant we couldn't make a real 80+." They'd likely need SOMETHING new so they don't have to try and claim "The old model revamp meant we couldn't make a real new race and/or class."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    New hairstyles for all races! No new class nor races...
    You have GOT to be trolling...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Revamping things is not a strong selling point for an expansion. People want and expect brand new toys to play with when they buy an X-pack.
    Updated models does count as new toys over 2 new races.

But they have to update new animations (all of them not just 1 or 2), new emotes and new sounds/voices and new features (such as horns for tauren etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    If "The Dark Below" is actually an expansion, and if those two are the only options... Most likely, two new races. You see, they've been alternating races and classes for every expansion, it would only make sense that after getting a new class, we'd get races again. TBC, races; Wrath, class; Cata, races... but then again, MoP kinda broke the cycle, introducing both a class and a race.

Anyway, I wouldn't bet on either. As others have said, it's much more likely to get an overhaul for the rest of races/classes, than to add more clutter to a system that is in dire need of polish.
    They did this only because Pandaren race is the reason Monks exist. they cant add Monk class alone without pandaren
    (if it werent for the pandaren race, Monks and MoP wouldn't exist)
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Voting neither.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They'd likely need SOMETHING new so they don't have to try and claim "The old model revamp meant we couldn't make a real new race and/or class."
    'something new' =/= race or class. There are plenty of things that would be exciting enough to attract players, but you have to remember that this isn't just about retention (which they are horrible with anyways). This needs to draw new and former players back. A formulaic increase of race or class isn't going to accomplish that.

A graphical overhaul that makes the game look brand new, even just for characters would do wonders for that. I don't think they should rest on their laurels by any means, but a change is certainly needed.
    BAD WOLF

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by northem View Post
    new hairstyles for all races! No new class nor races...
    omg best expansion evar!
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-08-16 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Neither I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    New models please!!! i don't want another xpack with a new class or race, especially race + new talent system and new lvl cap, i'm tired of that shit ... wow feels like Cod when blizz does this .. oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    To those who say neither; It WILL be one or the other. GC has stated that a neutral race is unlikely in future WoW installments, so keep that in mind as you vote.
    I see why you'd say this, because it's a major selling point and adding neither seems like a bad way to ship copies of WoW. I personally expect new races and not new class but I think you're overlooking the possibility that they could bring other selling points that are strong enough that they don't need to add either for an expansion.

For example, 4th spec, updated models for all old races, and maybe those sub-races everyone seems all excited for. Add all that in 1 expansion and Blizzard could easily justify not adding a new race or class.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-08-23 at 01:18 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Would be frickin amazing if Mantid would be playable as Horde.
    I think having the Pandaren go Alliance and the Horde get Mogu would be more likely

having said that...Yes, I think they'd look well as a player race...except there looks like there will be armor and gearing issues, possible mount issues and the question of flight and their history with the Old Gods.

EJL