• 2 New Races

193 53.17%
  • New Class

170 46.83%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Looks like the new WoW expansion will have us battling Azshara and her master N'Zoth. Emerald Dream is likely, as is us exploring lost underwater cities, and fighting off a probable invasion from Naga forces. I'm sure Wrathion will be watching from the sidelines, eager to hatch his plot to defeat the Burning Legion for his own purposes.

Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game. This thread is NOT what you think those will be (though youre free to discuss that) It's simply an opinion poll to see what you think is coming next.

To those who say neither; It WILL be one or the other. GC has stated that a neutral race is unlikely in future WoW installments, so keep that in mind as you vote.
    Nothing has been stated what "The Dark Below" refers to. It's just silly how quickly people jump on the rumor train and haul ass. It doesn't matter what Blizz decides to roll out for WoW, D3, or any other game for that matter, cause there's always gonna be people willing to pay to play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Revamping things is not a strong selling point for an expansion. People want and expect brand new toys to play with when they buy an X-pack.
    Says who? Cataclysm which had more revamp than any expansion to date is also the best selling expansion to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Actually they don't owe you shit. You're not entitled to new models.
    Eh, wrong. Entitlement would be me saying I want all the gear from all the raids. That's not what I'm paying the subscription for, I'm paying for the updates. I have already payed to play all the old races, so those races getting an update shouldn't cost me more then what I have been paying for the subscription. By the way they let everyone, even if you didn't have Mists, play Pandaren. So it would be incredibly stupid for them to use that as a selling point and only give the new models to those who have expansion 5.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla races get new models.

New Horde Race - Murloc

New Alliance Race - Jinyu.

Because don't settle for less just to get your updates. Blizz has had long enough to make them AND new races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Says who? Cataclysm which had more revamp than any expansion to date is also the best selling expansion to date.
    It also was the start of the sub freefall that has yet to end.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yes but you could have never even bought Cata and still enjoyed the revamped world and questing. It didn't require the expansion and neither will the player model overhaul.

New ethnicities for existing races and a class crunch folding certain very similar classes into one another and making them a spec rather than a class.

So three fewer classes and about 50 ethnicities.

Looks like the new WoW expansion will have us battling Azshara and her master N'Zoth. Emerald Dream is likely, as is us exploring lost underwater cities, and fighting off a probable invasion from Naga forces. I'm sure Wrathion will be watching from the sidelines, eager to hatch his plot to defeat the Burning Legion for his own purposes.

Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game. This thread is NOT what you think those will be (though youre free to discuss that) It's simply an opinion poll to see what you think is coming next.

To those who say neither; It WILL be one or the other. GC has stated that a neutral race is unlikely in future WoW installments, so keep that in mind as you vote.
    I think that D3 will be getting a new class. Though really there's no pattern considering it's D3's first expansion, but still. New class for D3 in D3X1: The Dark Below

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Vanilla races get new models.

New Horde Race - Murloc

New Alliance Race - Jinyu.

Because don't settle for less just to get your updates. Blizz has had long enough to make them AND new races.
    What classes could a Murloc or a Jinyu play as?

Deleted
    You know what I think makes the most sense.

New Alliance race: High Elves
    New Horde race: Naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I find it unlikely they'd add two classes in a row
    I'm curious to hear how likely you feel it is that they'd add a new class instead.

The next expansion (Regardless of it's title/theme) needs a big selling point related to the players avatar; somehow, I feel level cap, new zones, new story and new mechanics aren't going to cut a full priced expac release.

Currently, my money is on both...however, I'm not a gambling man so I won't put my money in and or around my mouth. I have a feeling that we'll see something major relating to character models, I have yet to decide whether or not this means a new race (I do not think updated models will be the major selling point in place of any "New Race") but I do think there will be something of the sort and on top of that I think there will be a new Hero class introduced with some level restrictions (Such as the Death Knight) with some major changes to current classes outside of how they work and their abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    What classes could a Murloc or a Jinyu play as?
    Murloc: Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Warrior, Death Knight

Jinyu: Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Warrior, Monk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You know what I think makes the most sense.

New Alliance race: High Elves
    New Horde race: Naga
    High Elves won't fly because it's a recycled BElf. The QQ would blot out the sun, and I'd be part of the QQ.

And Naga, I think they suffer Pandaren-syndrome. "It's a neat class, and we can't just give it to one faction." Which rules it out because GC seems reluctant to add a new neutral race right now.

For Tyrael sakes, close this thread down, until its been confirmed that its for WOW. Chances are slim to none and slim just went on vacation......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Driizzt View Post
    For Tyrael sakes, close this thread down, until its been confirmed that its for WOW. Chances are slim to none and slim just went on vacation......
    Oh we can have a little fun while we wait for Gamescon. Just so long as no one gets too attached to the idea of TDB being for WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    New ethnicities for existing races and a class crunch folding certain very similar classes into one another and making them a spec rather than a class.

So three fewer classes and about 50 ethnicities.
    Nope, never gonna happen.

Well, I can't say for ceertain (None of us lowly forum speculators can either :<) but you'd be removing the online identities of 3/11ths of the player-base.

Also, "Very similar classes"? There isn't such a thing. Mechanically, there are some similarities but I regularly play more than 6/7 classes and I can safely say that each class in each role play and feel very different.

If this happens, I'm out. I don't want to see classes I love to explore and play around with become a spec, it's preposterous.

I would go with races

I doubt blizz wants the pain of doing another class and having to balance it without making it too OP or too weak for at least another Xpac

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, as it does not make sense to add another race or class so soon. Monks are still new, and the last new class before it was the Death Knight in Wrath. New races are less probable just because logistically there aren't many places they can go since all the main races have been covered.

Then you should vote for new class.
    Why? To skew poll results?

I vote for neither also, I feel like for the moment there are enough races and enough classes and I'd rather Blizzard focus on fine-tuning/new models than implementing something new along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be in the Diablo section, and once there the question will no longer make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    But GC has said many things before that hasnt happened just because Blizz needs to keep you guessing. Blizz could introduce one other race like pandaren and have you choose which faction you want to join. I cant decide which one I think will happen because its possible for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I would go with races

I doubt blizz wants the pain of doing another class and having to balance it without making it too OP or too weak for at least another Xpac
    ESPECIALLY if they have intentions of doing the Legion for level 100. Because then they already likely know the class they intend to add for that expansion.